• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

KingGondo

Banned
I think the city of Miami will seppeku itself or whatever it's called if the Thunder do win in 6
Honestly, I'm mainly confident tonight because the NBA is getting great ratings and surely wants to see this go 6 or 7 games.

I think the Thunder will get every chance to win tonight and help get those ratings for ABC.

PBY

Banned
You could be right. That's probably what'll happen if Miami wins tonight.

I just want to get it back to OKC, and finally see the Thunder play a complete all-around game for once this series.
I think thats where your thinking is flawed- this is the nba finals, that just isn't gonna happen with these two young teams. Games are gonna be ugly.

PBY

Banned
It's possible. I guess the Heat's Fuckball Road to the Finals might have prepared them better.
I guess... It's not like the thunder are this great team offense tho, look at how many Isos you guys run, your turnover numbers, and your assist numbers.

KingGondo

Banned
I guess... It's not like the thunder are this great team offense tho, look at how many Isos you guys run, your turnover numbers, and your assist numbers.
Miami has done a good job disrupting what we want to do, but I still put some of the blame on Brooks' terrible rotations for this series.

Hopefully he figures it out tonight. KD needs to play 48 minutes and guard Chalmers/Wade, and Sefolosha needs to cover Bron. As I said before, our preferred lineup should be:

YNB
Sefolosha
Harden
Durant
Ibaka

DJ Crimson said:
Your bitterness is leaking through my monitor.
What about that post is bitter? It's simply stating what we've come to expect from the NBA--the league probably doesn't outright manipulate games, but they give their desired result a good chance of happening by assigning certain refs and emphasizing certain rules.

According to some sources, Ramon Sessions will become a Free Agent by opting out of his final year.
Does this mean Lakers going for Nash? NOOOOOO!!! so much for Nash to Miami

According to some sources, Ramon Sessions will become a Free Agent by opting out of his final year.

I don't think this improves the chances of Nash to LA much. If he wanted to go to MIA then this wouldn't change that either. Basically all this means is that LA will probably be more aggressive with shopping Pau for a PG or a package that includes a pg.

Emwitus

Phil Jackson (HBO Real Sports): "Andrew is an All-Star center...but took Pau out of his game."

Duh. I feel like we would have faired better if our offense was still centered on kobe and pau. Bynum/kobe aren't don't play like they feed of each other at all.

I GOT A 37 ON THE MCAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kane would be proud

Kane4_cutout_by_Crank.png

SUPREME1

Banned

He's just opting out of the last year of his contract so he can re-sign on a long term contract. This was expected, him and his agent both said they would be doing this.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Nice!

How did you feel about it when you were taking it? Put in a lot of hours to study?
I essentially shut down my social life to do it, and I put in about 3-4 hours a day for 5 months.

Sick score.. That out of 45?
I believe so, but people have told me that with the current method scaling, it's really out of 42 or 43.

Kane would be proud

Kane4_cutout_by_Crank.png
I took the test on May 19th. Think about that.

Nice job fellow BullsGAFian! Boozer would be proud.
I thought of Boozer when I studied, lol. Thanks man.

Only a 37?

turrible

nice work
Thanks man!

Congrats man.

Thunder are losing tonight, the scared and shook show continues :/
Thanks man!

He's just opting out of the last year of his contract so he can re-sign on a long term contract. This was expected, him and his agent both said they would be doing this.

Ramon off the bench would be good, but long term for a back up pg who folds in the playoffs...ehhh, I'd like it if we were going into rebuild mode, but locking him up for his market value (which i hope plummeted after his playoff choke) doesn't seem wise with the team trying to fool Kobe into thinking they're building a contender.

Unless Mitch is tricking Sess so he can be included ina deal with Pau.....Come on Mitch, do 'em dirty.

SamuraiX-

I essentially shut down my social life to do it, and I put in about 3-4 hours a day for 5 months.

Good shit, man. Put in the work and you get the results you want. Good luck in your interviews! :D

And wtf @ Dahntay Jones on First Take. ESPN promoting thuggery confirmed.

SUPREME1

Banned
Ramon off the bench would be good, but long term for a back up pg who folds in the playoffs...ehhh, I'd like it if we were going into rebuild mode, but locking him up for his market value (which i hope plummeted after his playoff choke) doesn't seem wise with the team trying to fool Kobe into thinking they're building a contender.

Unless Mitch is tricking Sess so he can be included ina deal with Pau.....Come on Mitch, do 'em dirty.

Mitch is a cold dude. He do what he gotta do.

He fucks bitches real hard without giving them any dick

Vire

I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled today, so I may be especially unintelligible tonight. :(

God damn this is going to hurt isn't it.

Vire

Not tooth, but teeth?

You are already pain

Let us pray...
:lol It's two instead of four at least. But yeah, I've been dreading this for a while. Most of my friends had it done in their late teens, but I'm in my twenties now...

SUPREME1

Banned
:lol It's two instead of four at least. But yeah, I've been dreading this for a while. Most of my friends had it done in their late teens, but I'm in my twenties now...

I've only ever had one pulled, but I remember how terrible the experience was. I do put some of the blame on the dentist, guy was a dick and didn't try in the slightest to make it as painless as possible.

I was a walk in. It was late in the afternoon and he just tried getting me out of the door. Asshole.

I forget what meds they prescribed me, but it was either vicodin or codeine. I would pop a pill and then smoke a bowl of cheeba. I would, as best as possible, inhale from the side of my mouth that was not in pain... then I would rinse my mouth out with water followed by mouth wash. I would then put in a new gauze and go chill.

I would do this every few hours. Helped a lot.

TylerD

I had 3 and ended up biting the crap out of my bottom lip when I was under and woke up with lots of gauze packing my cheeks and 5 stitches in my bottom lip.

Good times.

KingGondo

Banned
Uh oh. LeBron said, "He's stupid," in reference to Ibaka. Think Ibaka might try and block every shot he's remotely close to?

Here's the quote as Tweeted by Darnell Mayberry, OKC's beat writer:

"I don't really care what he says. It's stupid."
Doesn't seem as though he was talking about Ibaka, but the "controversy" itself.

Whatever, the whole thing is dumb anyways. I just hope Serge gets on the court more tonight.

Here's the quote as Tweeted by Darnell Mayberry, OKC's beat writer:

Doesn't seem as though he was talking about Ibaka, but the "controversy" itself.

Whatever, the whole thing is dumb anyways. I just hope Serge gets on the court more tonight.

I'm on my cell, but ESPN has the quote as "he's stupid." I would believe the guy you quoted over ESPN trying to gin up a story, but who knows.

KingGondo

Banned
I'm on my cell, but ESPN has the quote as "he's stupid." I would believe the guy you quoted over ESPN trying to gin up a story, but who knows.
We should also note that Serge's English still isn't very good, so there's rarely any nuance at all when he's giving interviews.

Whatever. It's a dumb story anyway.

Top Bottom