• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

I still think you're asking for trouble with that avatar :/

edit: Lol, I'm never superstitious- unsure why that bothered me.

Its a Espn hype picture it doesn't really even mean anything. They have them for every star in the finals. Maybe I should rock the Westbrook one?

Karma.

Look what happened to Justin Timberlark.

Yeah no. I've said so many times since last game that the Heat aren't out of the water. Its like we weren't in this position last year...

PBY

Banned
Its a Espn hype picture it doesn't really even mean anything. They have them for every star in the finals. Maybe I should rock the Westbrook one?

Yeah no. I've said so many times since last game that the Heat aren't out of the water. Its like we weren't in this position last year...
No I see your point... It's mostly me just getting anxious for tonight lol.

EthanJSkolnick: If you missed: Thunder’s Serge Ibaka says Miami Heat’s LeBron James is ‘not a good defender’ http://t.co/K4ob1RJb

What the...

“He can play defense for two to three minutes but not 48 minutes.”

Yeah no shit. Has he seen the kind of minutes this guy has logged? How much he has to do on offense? Serge being as limited as he is might not understand the concept but offense take alot of you.

And meh at his point about KD. I mean is the kid even guardable one on one? He's like melo a few years back or kobe.

KingGondo

Banned
EthanJSkolnick: If you missed: Thunder’s Serge Ibaka says Miami Heat’s LeBron James is ‘not a good defender’ http://t.co/K4ob1RJb

What the...
Yawn...

God, please let the game get here already. Nothing worse than sensationalist articles and "bulletin board material" type shit surrounding the Heat. Everything is a circus around those guys.

Also, this part made me :lol:

James was switched onto Durant after Game 1 when Durant scored 36 points and shot 12-of-20 with Shane Battier primarily covering him. Since, Durant is averaging 28.5 points on 23-of-41 shooting and Heat have won two games, taking a 2-1 series lead into Tuesday’s Game 4.
Now that's a lockdown performance. DPOForever.

Emwitus

7qjsN.jpg

thought this looked a little funny

Wasn't that shot blocked by Iblocka?

Wasn't that shot blocked by Iblocka?

It looks pretty impossible from this angle.

also

Ratings through the roof: The 2012 Finals is the most-watched Finals ever on ABC through the first three games, averaging 16,099,000 viewers, according to Nielsen. The series is up seven percent in household rating (9.7 vs. 9.1) and five percent in viewership (16,099,000 vs. 15,345,000) compared to last year’s three-game averages for the Heat-Dallas Mavericks. The 9.7 three-game average is the highest since 2004.
16 million viewers is insane.

Yawn...

God, please let the game get here already. Nothing worse than sensationalist articles and "bulletin board material" type shit surrounding the Heat. Everything is a circus around those guys.

Also, this part made me :lol:

Now that's a lockdown performance. DPOForever.

Never thought I'd see you begin to get salty.

Puddles

Banned

What the...

He's overrated as fuck as a defender. He has one big advantage in that he doesn't get called for fouls at all. I'm not sure if it's a Stern mandate or if the refs are just afraid of a balding 6'9'' guy, but they let him get away with shit that no player has gotten away with since the handcheck rule went into effect.

His defense against KD in the last game wouldn't have done shit without Bosh there to help out.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
He's overrated as fuck as a defender. He has one big advantage in that he doesn't get called for fouls at all. I'm not sure if it's a Stern mandate or if the refs are just afraid of a balding 6'9'' guy, but they let him get away with shit that no player has gotten away with since the handcheck rule went into effect.

His defense against KD in the last game wouldn't have done shit without Bosh there to help out.
You don't like LBJ we get it.. But you are not even talking basketball now you are just being a troll..

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/heatzone/2012/06/18/dwyane-wade-calls-upon-trusted-friend-tim-grover/

During a postseason with some potholes, Dwyane Wade has looked outward as well as inward — even taking a one-hour trip from Indianapolis to Bloomington during the second round to visit with his college coach, Tom Crean.

Sources told the Post that, last week, Wade also reached out for a trusted friend and adviser to come to him.

Tim Grover, the founder and owner of Attack Athletics, is best known for all his years training Michael Jordan, and has been working lately with Kobe Bryant in Germany. After returning to the United States, Grover went with Bryant to Los Angeles, when Wade requested he come to Miami. With Bryant’s permission, Grover flew to South Florida, arriving on Saturday, watching Game 3 of the NBA Finals from AmericanAirlines Arena on Sunday night, scheduled to stay a few days to work on Wade’s body and mind.

X.X why wasn't he here earlier in the postseason

and with tom crean+tim grover in the house tonight wade will be unstoppable

aw damn I was looking forward to a puddles meltdown...I was also looking forward to seeing Brandy stay a Heat fan

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/heatzone/2012/06/18/dwyane-wade-calls-upon-trusted-friend-tim-grover/

X.X why wasn't he here earlier in the postseason

and with tom crean+tim grover in the house tonight wade will be unstoppable

aw damn I was looking forward to a puddles meltdown...I was also looking forward to seeing Brandy stay a Heat fan

Totally agree, but Wade is a really late. I don't know why he just didn't stick with the training advisor in the first place. He got him a 100 million contract. This D-Wade = Unguardable

Vire

Thank you Blackace...

Constantly trying to derail the thread. I had him on ignore, but people still quoted him to tell him how ridiculous he was.

On side note, interesting article on Wade. I doubt Grover being there will have much of an effect though.

hoos30

If it were me, I wouldn't even touch the trophy until my team earned it. I'd be too superstitious.

Edit: And I'd probably not use it as an avatar either...

I'm not sure how Shadowlark's avatar of lebron touching a trophy that he wants is worse than my avatar of his mouthguard showing how many wins he needs to get what he wants

in fact i kind of want to make it my avatar. WE ALL SHOULD

Emwitus

I'm not sure how Shadowlark's avatar of lebron touching a trophy that he wants is worse than my avatar of his mouthguard showing how many wins he needs to get what he wants

in fact i kind of want to make it my avatar. WE ALL SHOULD

This is turning eerily into a spurs fan parade pre 2012 playoffs. Carry on tho.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
This is turning eerily into a spurs fan parade pre 2012 playoffs. Carry on tho.
Yeah planning the parade during the season is exactly like planning the parade during th finals..

Heat fans have prematurely parade planned last year during the finals tho..

SoulPlaya

more money than God
SAS can be so damn annoying, lol. He changes his opinion based on whoever the guest is. Have some balls and stick to the point you just made five minutes ago.

KingGondo

Banned
Never thought I'd see you begin to get salty.
I'm not being salty, I'm laughing at the fact that the article at issue posits LeBron as some kind of lockdown defender on KD when he's still shooting 56% in the two games LBJ was guarding him (not to mention the fact that KD was in foul trouble the entire second half of both of those games, limiting his aggressiveness).

I'm more salty about how shitty OKC has been playing.

Vire

I'm not being salty, I'm laughing at the fact that the article at issue posits LeBron as some kind of lockdown defender on KD when he's still shooting 56% in the two games LBJ was guarding him (not to mention the fact that KD was in foul trouble the entire second half of both of those games, limiting his aggressiveness).

I'm more salty about how shitty OKC has been playing.

Sounding like Bill Simmons now...

Give zero credit to the other team and instead only talk about how shitty your own team is playing. lulz

Article on NBA.com: Young Thunder not feeling down -- yet

"We had an opportunity to win that game last night," Thunder forward James Harden said. "Just a couple of possessions and we win that game. So it's not about us being down. We just watched film and we played a pretty good game, probably the best game that we've played in this series, as far as defensively being physical and active. So just bring that same type of effort in Game 4 and we'll win."

Keep telling yourself that my man...

KingGondo

Banned
Sounding like Bill Simmons now...

Give zero credit to the other team and instead only talk about how shitty your own team is playing. lulz
You're right, Miami has been playing some great FT defense.

Miami has played *better* than OKC, but that's not saying much. Neither team has played great ball, and that especially applies to game 3.

But I've given Miami credit for winning the games and knocking down their FTs, which is all that matters.

Vire said:
This year, not gonna happen until we get 4.
Sounds dangerously close to a prediction...

LOL. Y'all can't even wait for tonight's game to get cocky.

I haven't said one cocky word stretch.

Edit: Like are you all serious with this bs? You take offense to this weak shit when about 200 or so pages ago we were the team that either OKC or the greatest team ever was gonna sweep?

PBY

Banned
You're right, Miami has been playing some great FT defense.

Miami has played *better* than OKC, but that's not saying much. Neither team has played great ball, and that especially applies to game 3.

But I've given Miami credit for winning the games and knocking down their FTs, which is all that matters.

Sounds dangerously close to a prediction...
Daaaamn you sound tense- and that's not a prediction-? Its the opposite. I'm not gonna relax until the series is over, that's all he's saying.

KingGondo

Banned
I haven't said one cocky word stretch.

Edit: Like are you all serious with this bs? You take offense to this weak shit when about 200 or so pages ago we were the team that either OKC or the greatest team ever was gonna sweep?
I never said OKC would sweep--and the Spurs did look historically great after game 2 of the WCF.

ph33nix said:
well you predicted thunder in 6 so you predict a win for the thunder tonight...
I predicted Thunder in 6 against the Spurs, too.

Call me Gondodamus.

Hydrogen Bluebird said:
I hope Wade doesn't suck in game 4.
You're better off hoping the Thunder shoot like ass from the FT line again.

Top Bottom