• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

last year's finals defined lebron for a year. So yes it does. And its not just this series. When he didn't get calls in two of the spurs games he looked uncomfortable. And now that its happening here, again he looks uncomfortable. His shot is off, and when he draws contact in the paint he doesn't get the call. Finally someone reminded the refs he isn't a superstar.

His inability to do anything useful has also nullified Collison's bum ass because their PnR doesn't work because of how the second defender blocks the passing lane. Hence we see Ibaka for most of the game this time.

Westbrook, for all the shit we and I give him, puts the team on his back by rebounding and throwing his body at the hoop ala Rose. And he gets some assists. People bitch about passing to Durant more but he was putting up some ugly shit at the end of the last two games. Off balance, hand in his face stuff that he was miraculously hitting during the regular season and against the Spurs but now they aren't falling.

Durant has to make his teammates better which he isn't doing.

But LeBron was still the best player in basketball with only really Dwight as competition even though he had a bad Finals last year. Harden is playing some awful basketball right now, but he's had a great year, a great western conference postseason, and is still a great player and he's probably still going to get max money...

But LeBron was still the best player in basketball with only really Dwight as competition even though he had a bad Finals last year. Harden is playing some awful basketball right now, but he's had a great year, a great western conference postseason, and is still a great player and he's probably still going to get max money...
Yup...

Harden has certainly shit the bed over the past 4 games, but he's still a great player. Shots just aren't falling.

KingGondo

Banned
As much as this hurts now, you guys will be back. I'm certain of it. Thunder just need to grow a little hair on their chest first.

Last year hurt so bad, but finally I think this is our time. You have no idea how happy I am now and I'm sorry it has to come at your behalf.

I'll probably remember James' hobbled 3 for the rest of my life. I just thought there was no way he would get the lift, but somehow it went in...

GG.

What. A. Game.

G'night GAF.
Appreciate the kind words.

I hope our guys give it a real effort in game 5 and try to get it back to OKC. Don't think it happens though, KD looked broken.

Congrats on the win.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I guess I can find a way to be happy for salty Seattle....but I was a big supporter of Cleveland in this Proxy War.

Basketball has changed. It's no longer about teams, fans or players. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by frauds, assholes and studio gangsters. Basketball, and its consumption of my time, has become a well-oiled machine. Basketball has changed. Salty ass fans cheer on salty ass players, run by salty ass ownership. HGH inside their bodies, enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Injury control. Emotion control. Battlefield control. Everything is monitored, and kept under control. Basketball has changed. The age of deference has become the age of Lebron James. All in the name of entertaining assholes on the internet. And he who controls the refs, controls history. Basketball has changed. When the haters are under total control, weak basketball... becomes routine.

f0G4w.jpg

bjb

Banned
There's no doubt in my mind that LeBron not only travels multiple times per game, but is also actively taking growth hormones.

TylerD

Battier on Durant is bringing back nightmares from last year. He got so timid and just would not move or work to try to get the ball in the Memphis series. It sure seems like we aren't running anything to get him open like the top down pick that worked against SA so well.

Miami's defense is so much better though.

Vire

Spo just confirmed it was cramps for Lebron. He said he wanted to go back in, but Spo wouldn't allow it since he would be a detriment on defense.

Thank god!

Emwitus

I guess I can find a way to be happy for salty Seattle....but I was a big supporter of Cleveland in this Proxy War.

Basketball has changed. It's no longer about teams, fans or players. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by frauds, assholes and studio gangsters. Basketball, and its consumption of my time, has become a well-oiled machine. Basketball has changed. Salty ass fans cheer on salty ass players, run by salty ass ownership. HGH inside their bodies, enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Injury control. Emotion control. Battlefield control. Everything is monitored, and kept under control. Basketball has changed. The age of deference has become the age of Lebron James. All in the name of entertaining assholes on the internet. And he who controls the refs, controls history. Basketball has changed. When the haters are under total control, weak basketball... becomes routine.

2964222_o.gif

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I think people are giving Miami the title too soon, OKC is still really good.
Well history isn't on their side.. Only 8 teams have ever come back from a 3 - 1 deficit in playoff history and no team has done it during the finals

That being said, I have LeBron 15th all-time right now and I think he's 12th all-time if the Heat close this out. Then again, all-time rankings can be silly since there's so many differences in era.

Well history isn't on their side.. Only 8 teams have ever come back from a 3 - 1 deficit in playoff history and no team has done it during the finals

That is true, it's going to be really hard for them to come back, but it's still possible.

diehard

Fleer

dude what are you talking about, Stockton just hit a 3 to put us up 3 points and there is like 30 seconds left.. game 7 here we come.

every time I try to watch this league, the refs take over the games. I really don't get how it's entertaining... help me, gaf? :/

I don't even know why I like the NBA, I've just been watching it since I was like 10 and can't seem to quit even considering how pissed I get at the refs/Stern.

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo
LeBron scored or assisted on 55 of the Heat's 104 points. He's the 1st with 26 Pts, 12 Ast, 9 Reb in NBA Finals game since Larry Bird ('86).

There's no question LeBron is the best non-big man since Jordan statistically.

every time I try to watch this league, the refs take over the games. I really don't get how it's entertaining... help me, gaf? :/

It's nothing new... shit like this has been going on for decades. Every year people complain about the refs, bu they forgot how atrocious it was the prior year.

(Not trying to take any shots at OKC fans)

The truth is a lot of these OKC fans haven't been life long NBA fans so I guess they are not used to it. Shit... try having the calls not go your ways for 30+ years... and lets see how you feel.

Oh and losing the finals is nothing like losing a fucking team.

GO HEAT!

It's nothing new... shit like this has been going on for decades. Every year people complain about the refs, bu they forgot how atrocious it was the prior year.

(Not trying to take any shots at OKC fans)

The truth is a lot of these OKC fans haven't been life long NBA fans so I guess they are not used to it. Shit... try having the calls not go your ways for 30+ years... and lets see how you feel.

Oh and losing the finals is nothing like losing a fucking team.

GO HEAT!

I used to watch the Bulls in the late 90s and do every year playoff time. it's getting worse every year imo.

Top Bottom