• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

Ripclawe

Banned
Razor-thin margin of error in the playoffs, and we've shit the bed down the stretch in games 2-4 while Miami made shots.

Congrats to Heat-Age, even if I'm still holding out faint hope that we can make a comeback.

I fear the Thunder, Heat better come out like its an elimination game in game 5. Thunder must be put down and put down hard.

effzee

Brooks told his team about the 5 on the clock. No way he didn't. Still I don't blame Westbrook completely. He made a stupid play but he was the whole offense for them. Durant, as great as he is, disappeared and Harden just played stupid. Even on that breakaway layup you can tell he slows down to try to draw a foul and instead misses his layup.

The bigger issue with Brooks/OKC is the minutes Collison is not playing. Only good things seem to happen when he is on the floor for them.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I think this is the part where we find out that harden has been sand bagging and has joined the nwo. Only logical explanation I can think of...

PBY

Banned
I think this is the part where we find out that harden has been sand bagging and has joined the nwo. Only logical explanation I can think of...

Its pretty inexplicable. I just hope that people don't try to explain it with "choke" or "nerves."

What a great series. LeBron will win a ring so people can stop talking about him and overanalyzing every thing he says, does or what color his shits are. Meanwhile Durant is the new LeBron and gets outplayed in the Finals by his teammate.

KingGondo

Banned
Brooks told his team about the 5 on the clock. No way he didn't. Still I don't blame Westbrook completely. He made a stupid play but he was the whole offense for them. Durant, as great as he is, disappeared and Harden just played stupid. Even on that breakaway layup you can tell he slows down to try to draw a foul and instead misses his layup.

The bigger issue with Brooks/OKC is the minutes Collison is not playing. Only good things seem to happen when he is on the floor for them.
I blame this series loss (assuming it happens) on Brooks. Our overall talent has made it close, but his rigidity and tone-deafness with rotations has really hurt us.

Collison and Ibaka should be playing all of Perk's minutes.

I guess I can't blame Brooks for Harden's shittastic performance, though. He was big against SA, but he has been turrible against Miami.

Go all Jerry West and make Bestbrook Finals MVP on the losing team.

43 pts.

And people say knicks-era Felton would make this team better.

Seriously. Someone said that. I won't say their name here.

But that happened.

I don't care about big numbers when it leads to dumb fuck decisions down the stretch. Westbrook always figures out a way to muck things up. Always. Every player has a consistency and his consistency is to make dumb decision down the stretch. If the Heat end up winning then Lebron deserves the Finals MVP. His stats are through the fucking roof.

Owzers

On the break away layup Harden had didn't Wade grab his arm.

i don't think refs are going to make that call when the lane is wide open, should have been a foul, i think he got fouled twice on that play with another push towards the basket. Harden should have just went for the layup...where he would have gotten fouled without a call too, but you have to try with the open lane.

I guess I can find a way to be happy for salty Seattle....but I was a big supporter of Cleveland in this Proxy War.

Basketball has changed. It's no longer about teams, fans or players. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by frauds, assholes and studio gangsters. Basketball, and its consumption of my time, has become a well-oiled machine. Basketball has changed. Salty ass fans cheer on salty ass players, run by salty ass ownership. HGH inside their bodies, enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Injury control. Emotion control. Battlefield control. Everything is monitored, and kept under control. Basketball has changed. The age of deference has become the age of Lebron James. All in the name of entertaining assholes on the internet. And he who controls the refs, controls history. Basketball has changed. When the haters are under total control, weak basketball... becomes routine.

• The 24-second clock shall remain the same as when play was interrupted or reset to 5 seconds, whichever is greater, any time on jump balls retained by the offensive team as the result of a held ball caused by the defense.

(5 second explanation)

Hopefully Spo is right about Bron's injury

PBY

Banned
ESPN and everyone keep saying that its cramps- do they know this for sure? Or are they just going off of what the announcers at the game said?

He has no right hand. He was going too fast to finish on that side of the rim. And he tried to switch at the last minute.

Not to mention, Wade fouling his ass. lmao.

Battier has also played out of his mind this series, in stark contrast to the utter garbage he was during the entire run to the Finals. So his numbers are a bit skewed.

Right, but it's not like Miami's role players have been good at all this season (or in the last several years really). Battier got uncontested looks for six months and couldn't hit anything, but since he's an NBA player, he's eventually due to make some. Chalmers was horrific in the second half of the year and has had some terrible games in the playoffs (like the last two). Even bad players have good shooting nights, Miami having Battier hot in the series and having Chalmers with one great game shouldn't be made into the reason why Miami might win the title.

rando14

I guess I can find a way to be happy for salty Seattle....but I was a big supporter of Cleveland in this Proxy War.

Basketball has changed. It's no longer about teams, fans or players. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by frauds, assholes and studio gangsters. Basketball, and its consumption of my time, has become a well-oiled machine. Basketball has changed. Salty ass fans cheer on salty ass players, run by salty ass ownership. HGH inside their bodies, enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Injury control. Emotion control. Battlefield control. Everything is monitored, and kept under control. Basketball has changed. The age of deference has become the age of Lebron James. All in the name of entertaining assholes on the internet. And he who controls the refs, controls history. Basketball has changed. When the haters are under total control, weak basketball... becomes routine.

What.

I'd like to start the Curse of Clay Bennett.
We'll see after Game 5 of course

I'm game

Canuck76

Banned
I don't care about big numbers when it leads to dumb fuck decisions down the stretch. Westbrook always figures out a way to muck things up. Always. Every player has a consistency and his consistency is to make dumb decision down the stretch. If the Heat end up winning then Lebron deserves the Finals MVP. His stats are through the fucking roof.

I'm going over the top there.

No your totally right. Lebron seriously deserves that, Heat offense centered on what Lebron does. When he went out you could feel a collapse coming.

jman2050

The really weird thing about this game (and the last for that matter) is how Durant turned into a one-dimensional player. Well, I mean more one-dimensional than usual.

He'll score and score but if he isn't doing anything else then he's only hurting the team.

benjipwns

Banned
ESPN and everyone keep saying that its cramps- do they know this for sure? Or are they just going off of what the announcers at the game said?
Spoelstra:
tomhaberstroh Tom Haberstroh
Erik Spoelstra confirms LeBron James had cramps, nothing serious. Noted that the arena was exceptionally toasty tonight.

IzzyESPN Israel Gutierrez
Spo says LeBron had cramps in his leg. Warm in the AAA, apparently. Must've been entire leg, tho. He was getting attention everywhere.

SamuraiX-

dC1wF.gif

Westbrook did the same thing during the playoffs last year. Now that they're playing catch up it's going to be even worse. Remember when he said he thought he was the go to player on the team?

PBY

Banned
Heat- Age (and really anyone else who cares)... we are rewarded for the victory tonight by seeing... Dan Lebatard in a speedo tomorrow.

Top Bottom