• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

There's a chance Harden revives himself next game when he plays like he gives no fucks

And with LeBron cramping up, you never know, maybe he'll feel it again because Spo has run him into the ground enough....

Why are people so down on Durant for having ONE sub-par game? You're being emotional and reactionary. He had a poor game, but he was still 9 for 19 with 28 points.

You know how many times LBJ has had way better games and still gotten slain? Shit is stupid but its fairly stupid and I won't pity KD for it.

Fjordson

Lebron was just cramping, right? I missed the post-game pressers. Just Wade's oddly brusque "He'll be fine" answer when Dorris Burke asked if Lebron was okay.

KingGondo

Banned
Looking at this makes me rage:

Fisher: 22 mins.
Perkins: 18 mins.
Collison: 17 mins.

I mean... What the fuck? Especially when Westbrook plays 45 minutes. Did Brooks forget that Harden plays his best next to Collison, or how Collison contributed in the first quarter?

There's no excuse for how Harden has played, but Brooks has completely lost all the goodwill he gained from me after the San Antonio series.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Even on his best day, Westbrook is playing 1 on 5 and getting lit up by Mario Chalmers

:3

benjipwns

Banned
Lebron was just cramping, right? I missed the post-game pressers. Just Wade's oddly brusque "He'll be fine" answer when Dorris Burke asked if Lebron was okay.
From earlier:
tomhaberstroh Tom Haberstroh
Erik Spoelstra confirms LeBron James had cramps, nothing serious. Noted that the arena was exceptionally toasty tonight.

IzzyESPN Israel Gutierrez
Spo says LeBron had cramps in his leg. Warm in the AAA, apparently. Must've been entire leg, tho. He was getting attention everywhere.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Is it just me or does Mario Chalmers just have the kind of face you want to punch? The John Starks face.

act_mario_chalmers.jpg

starks_original.jpg

Fjordson

Ah, okay. Yeah, that looked painful as shit. Could tell how uncomfortable he was on the bench when they started working on him.

Dude needs some pickle juice right before game 5 :lol works like a charm

I've had leg cramps lock me to the floor, one time causing me to drop a barbell(only like 20 pounds though). I also cramp after I do most abdominal exercises if I try to stand up to quickly. They are not a joke.

Fjordson

Lmfao. It was awkward when he was on NBA TV's post game show with Greg Anthony and Barkeley. Seemed pissed when Anthony referred to him as Miami's "fourth scorer" and that people don't expect him to score much.

Chalmers steps his game up when he's playing to win a championship. He did it at Kansas, he did it last year against Dallas, and he did it last night. I expect him to play well again tomorrow night. The question is if anyone other than Durant and Westbrook can do it for OKC.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Durant has gone bitch because he isn't taking over like he should. So he has good stats, and? Fucking and?? Who cares. We criticize leBron for empty stats all the time. He can do better than what he's putting out right now is the problem.

I mean shit, I've seen waaaaay too many plays of 'Bron putting the fear of god in him on defense. 'Bron's a good defender, better than most (it helps that he can foul with impunity of course) but he ain't Scotty Pippen, man. Durant should be giving it to him more often than he does. And he just hasn't been from what I've seen.

Also Scott Brooks is a dumbass. Why is he putting Harden on LeBron so often? I don't even...

KingGondo

Banned
Chalmers steps his game up when he's playing to win a championship. He did it at Kansas, he did it last year against Dallas, and he did it last night. I expect him to play well again tomorrow night. The question is if anyone other than Durant and Westbrook can do it for OKC.
That's basically what the series has come down to.

If Harden plays like he has the rest of the season, it's probably 3-1 the other way around.

I can't really be mad at Miami, the guy has just missed lots of open shots.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Durant has gone bitch because he isn't taking over like he should. So he has good stats, and? Fucking and?? Who cares. We criticize leBron for empty stats all the time. He can do better than what he's putting out right now is the problem.

I mean shit, I've seen waaaaay too many plays of 'Bron putting the fear of god in him on defense. 'Bron's a good defender, better than most (it helps that he can foul with impunity of course) but he ain't Scotty Pippen, man. Durant should be giving it to him more often than he does. And he just hasn't been from what I've seen.

Also Scott Brooks is a dumbass. Why is he putting Harden on LeBron so often? I don't even...

Did you see Durant try to guard him last night? The refs are in his head. He's literally scared to do shit on defense now because he's scared to pick up fouls. It's ridiculous.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I'm finding it kind of hard to sympathize with Durant of all people when it comes to preferential treatment by the refs...

Very hard as a matter of fact. Even if it is true.

That's basically what the series has come down to.

If Harden plays like he has the rest of the season, it's probably 3-1 the other way around.

I can't really be mad at Miami, the guy has just missed lots of open shots.

I wonder how much guarding Lebron is effecting his offensive game.

And with regards to criticizing Durant for not taking over games, I get that. But it's not like he hasn't had streteches in this series where he asserts himself and dominates, we just didn't see much of that last night. Lebron gets that criticism all the time so it's fair.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
great opening for First Take - ornery looking SAS and Bayless asked if SAS was throwing a gang sign at him.

Bayless for those who can't bear watching this -

Lebron's been under no pressure these finals, so he hasn't proved anything.
Contradicts himself the next minute by saying Lebron's been under constant pressure these playoffs.
Referees feel 'sorry' for LeBron and is giving him every call to gift him the championship.
SAS is genuinely pissed at Bayless this morning. No smiles, no jokes. They must've had a horrible preshow meeting - even the 'moderator' is calling him out.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah no. Durant was still doing dumb shit to pick up fouls. JVG called him out a couple times.

There have been so many completely ridiculous fouls called, things that are not fouls 99% of the time.

As others have said, much of the blame has to fall to Harden. And he needs to flop a lot less.

Derrick01

Banned
Referees feel 'sorry' for LeBron and is giving him every call to gift him the championship.

This part's definitely true after seeing the finals and the rest of the playoffs. I don't know if it's feeling sorry or the fix is in or whatever, but he's definitely getting the majority of calls and no calls.

That being said I'm not going to refuse to give any credit to him like Skip is.

There have been so many completely ridiculous fouls called, things that are not fouls 99% of the time.

As others have said, much of the blame has to fall to Harden. And he needs to flop a lot less.

This part's definitely true after seeing the finals and the rest of the playoffs. I don't know if it's feeling sorry or the fix is in or whatever, but he's definitely getting the majority of calls and no calls.

You know puddles got banned for this sort of trolling.

Emwitus

great opening for First Take - ornery looking SAS and Bayless asked if SAS was throwing a gang sign at him.

Bayless for those who can't bear watching this -

Lebron's been under no pressure these finals, so he hasn't proved anything.
Contradicts himself the next minute by saying Lebron's been under constant pressure these playoffs.
SAS is genuinely pissed at Bayless this morning. No smiles, no jokes. They must've had a horrible preshow meeting - even the 'moderator' is calling him out.

The lengths people will go, LOL. At this point i think skip is just staging it. He picked miami to win anyway, i guess he's just salty wade wasn't batman.

thekad

Banned

Lebron had zero free throws up until midway through the third quarter.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Bayless is performance art. He's playing a role. Stop taking his rants seriously and you can at least sit back and enjoy the mental gymnastics he hurdles through to justify the salary ESPN pays him to be a dick (between $500k-1,000K/year. seriously.)

Bayless is performance art. He's playing a role. Stop taking his rants seriously and you can at least sit back and enjoy the mental gymnastics he hurdles through to justify the salary ESPN pays him to be a dick (between $500k-1,000K/year. seriously.)

He doesnt get paid enough. First Take will probably do 7 million viewers If Tebow starts this fall.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I really enjoy Bayless. You don't have to agree with someone all the time to enjoy their views on things.

Honestly Puddles probably wasn't trolling either but whatever. You are entitled to a opinion, no matter how ridiculious it is.

Fair enough. I don't know what he said but it's pretty rare to get banned on NBA GAF for that kinda stuff. I wish him a speedy recovery!

I can't believe how Salty I was last night over this bolllshit.
Screw you Thunder, screw Durant(Disappeared in the 4th like Casper. Durant ever winning a title if he just defers to other team mates like this when they need him to step up and control the flow.), and screw Fisher(There should be a clause in his contract fin ing him 1million every time he attempts a layup).

I have to say though James hitting that three with his giraffe legs going into shock moments before was pretty amazing.

After Heat get their rings my new argument is going to have to de-evolve into just making fun of the avg Heat fans BBIQ. Basically what I would do to Walton every off-season.

Top Bottom