• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

KingGondo

Banned
If the Thunder end up winning the next 3 I think we are all going to have Skip's jizz all over our TV's for the next decade
It's certainly possible since the games have all been so close...

But winning game 5 will be a HUGE hurdle that I'm not sure this team can overcome. But it would nonetheless be a huge momentum swing and give us a good chance of a game 7, IMO.

I'll be watching, but it'll be at low volume with low expectations.

It's certainly possible since the games have all been so close...

But winning game 5 will be a HUGE hurdle that I'm not sure this team can overcome. But it would nonetheless be a huge momentum swing and give us a good chance of a game 7, IMO.

I'll be watching, but it'll be at low volume with low expectations.

I hope you bring some cheap scotch to company your expectations.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
I really enjoy Bayless. You don't have to agree with someone all the time to enjoy their views on things.
that's the thing - does Bayless have a legitimate POV on this show? he has set motifs and a defined role (yay Tebow, boo Lebron) and will say anything to defend his 'point' even if it contradicts something he said a few minutes earlier. if that doesn't work, he avoids the question, then starts throwing insults at either the target of debate, or the person he's debating against.

Puddles seemed like he was trolling ultra hard. Battier for Finals MVP? OKC winning Game 3 by exactly 10 points if it weren't for the refs throwing the game? no one's this illogical.

KingGondo

Banned
I hope you bring some cheap scotch to company your expectations.
Oh, the scotch will flow.

untitled-16vk17.gif

I think my favorite part of this gif is Mo Cheeks' expression.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
that's the thing - does Bayless have a legitimate POV on this show? he has set motifs and a defined role (yay Tebow, boo Lebron) and will say anything to defend his 'point' even if it contradicts something he said a few minutes earlier. if that doesn't work, he avoids the question, then starts throwing insults at either the target of debate, or the person he's debating against.

Puddles seemed like he was trolling ultra hard. Battier for Finals MVP? OKC winning Game 3 by exactly 10 points if it weren't for the refs throwing the game? no one's this illogical.
I like him because at least he's consistent. SAS will change his opinion based on who the guest is, and will do so multiple times throughout the show.

SAS really is the perfect foil for him. Its really nothing more than a good laugh in the morning.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I like him because at least he's consistent. SAS will change his opinion based on who the guest is, and will do so multiple times throughout the show.

SAS is the worst, the absolute worst. I always get the feeling that 94% of his views are based on whether he wants to alienate the sports person in question.

Emwitus

Bayless is performance art. He's playing a role. Stop taking his rants seriously and you can at least sit back and enjoy the mental gymnastics he hurdles through to justify the salary ESPN pays him to be a dick (between $500k-1,000K/year. seriously.)

Wowzers! Really?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
SAS is the worst, the absolute worst. I always get the feeling that 94% of his views are based on whether he wants to alienate the sports person in question.
The funny thing is he actually always ends up agreeing with Bayless, but tries to act like he doesn't. After last year's finals, he jumped on board with Skip on LeBron, then changed. Then, during this Finals, he jumped on a bit on the Westbrook hate train. He laughed at the Spurs being in the WCF when Skip predicted it, then when they got there, picked them to win it. Now, he picked OKC to win the Finals (Skip picked Miami), and he's changing his mind again.

The issue, though, is that whoever the guest is, he'll change his mind on that too. They're both very close friends, and it's obvious that they know what draws, so now they just have SAS change opinions just so they can argue.

Derrick01

Banned

This. He really is the opposite of Skip. Skip loves Tebow and hates everyone else and SAS hates Tebow but slurps the hell out of everyone else. That SNL skit on him was perfect, he treats everyone like they're brothers and that's messed up for a supposed journalist.

AirBrian

If OKC wins Thursday, they'll be down 3-2, which is technically how it's supposed to go heading into Game 6 with the 2-3-2 format. I think they're done, but it sure would be nice to see this series go back to OKC.

The funny thing is he actually always ends up agreeing with Bayless, but tries to act like he doesn't. After last year's finals, he jumped on board with Skip on LeBron, then changed. Then, during this Finals, he jumped on a bit on the Westbrook hate train. He laughed at the Spurs being in the WCF when Skip predicted it, then when they got there, picked them to win it. Now, he picked OKC to win the Finals (Skip picked Miami), and he's changing his mind again.

The issue, though, is that whoever the guest is, he'll change his mind on that too. They're both very close friends, and it's obvious that they know what draws, so now they just have SAS change opinions just so they can argue.

You are exaggerating a bit there, his stance in Lebron has been the same. After last year's Finals he simply said that Lebron gets no more passes, he called him out for not showing up and said whatever amazing stats or awards he gets in the regular season mean nothing. After he has been showing up this year he has been giving him his props. There's nothing wrong with changing your opinion as shit plays out.

The way Skip desperatly tries to cling to his opionion and get everybody to believe he's right by just making up shit is whats rediculous.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
If OKC wins Thursday, they'll be down 3-2, which is technically how it's supposed to go heading into Game 6 with the 2-3-2 format. I think they're done, but it sure would be nice to see this series go back to OKC.

The pressure on the Heat would be TREMENDOUS if this series goes back to OKC. That game 6... yikes.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Holy shit, Skip is trying to praise LeBron, but Broussard and SAS are interrupting him, assuming that he's attacking LeBron, and won't let Skip make his point, lol.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You are exaggerating a bit there, his stance in Lebron has been the same. After last year's Finals he simply said that Lebron gets no more passes, he called him out for not showing up and said whatever amazing stats or awards he gets in the regular season mean nothing. After he has been showing up this year he has been giving him his props. There's nothing wrong with changing your opinion as shit plays out.

The way Skip desperatly tries to cling to his opionion and get everybody to believe he's right by just making up shit is whats rediculous.
What shit does Skip make up? I watch the show practically everyday.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Are you serious? Do you just blank out when he goes on rants about how lebron had no pressure after he had his huge games or how Wade is always the reason we win no matter how shit he looks?
What? I saw him give Wade a lot of shit in the last series for his play, and he's done nothing but praise LeBron for taking over in this series.

Struggling at work right now. Got home at fucking 2am and had to wake up at 6am. Totally fucking worth it though. And to answer pheenix's question...it wasn't really that hot in the arena but it wasn't cold either. I can bet that the court was pretty toasty with all the lights and people screaming hot ass air though.

Vire

Game 4 - Micro Movie

Pretty well done.

Struggling at work right now. Got home at fucking 2am and had to wake up at 6am. Totally fucking worth it though. And to answer pheenix's question...it wasn't really that hot in the arena but it wasn't cold either. I can bet that the court was pretty toasty with all the lights and people screaming hot ass air though.
You got to witness one of the greatest wins in Heat history. I wish I was there, but it still was a fucking blast at home.

What? I saw him give Wade a lot of shit in the last series for his play, and he's done nothing but praise LeBron for taking over in this series.

The "shit" he gave wade is so weak. Did you miss when he tried to credit his epic game 6 to Wade? I can pull up more specific examples but for someone who claims to watch it everyday it shouldn't be necessary.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The "shit" he gave wade is so weak. Did you miss when he tried to credit his epic game 6 to Wade? I can pull up more specific examples but for someone who claims to watch it everyday it shouldn't be necessary.
No, he called LeBron's game as an all time great game. He just praised Wade for finally stepping up and not differing for much of the game.

Top Bottom