• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

FvXij.jpg

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
YOLO
Yes. Gaf hop member Macca cooked that up.
Macca is awesome! And not a member of NHL-GAF
This is fantastic. GET IGNORANT.
Thank you sir just don't break anything in your home..
blackace my brother is a rapper and he's good. You should listen to some of his stuff.
Is he really good? Or I have to say he is good because he is my brother good?
blackace is your brother and he's a rapper?
Hunter just wanted to be an Ace like me..
Ace, can we create a sub NBA thread for the Heat fans after the team wins the chip next game? That way we can barricade/isolate the infection.
Do we do that when the Lakers win? no? then perhaps you can kindly STFU
Just saw this....lol blackace

Its easy to get them mixed up in game but cmon man haha
I totally saw white and beard..

I corrected my statement.. Nik is not Capt 90210..

Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless
Just returned from a great dinner on SBeach w/ Stephen A and First Take crew. He's ready for LeBron's G5 coronation. I'm packing for OKC.

Trolol

Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless
Just returned from a great dinner on SBeach w/ Stephen A and First Take crew. He's ready for LeBron's G5 coronation. I'm packing for OKC.

Trolol

Well the player he thinks is the best in the world right now in KD needs to play some defense but I don't see that happening.

I know I mentioned it a few times in this thread before, but one of my close friends was killed on New Year's a few blocks away from where I work. I don't think I've updated you guys on how that has been going. There was some pretrial testimony a few weeks back

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2012/05/witness_defendants_in_lansing.html

I had to go home for the day when I read that shit. I was completely devasted. Shit doesn't feel real still.

Mothman91

I know I mentioned it a few times in this thread before, but one of my close friends was killed on New Year's a few blocks away from where I work. I don't think I've updated you guys on how that has been going. There was some pretrial testimony a few weeks back

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2012/05/witness_defendants_in_lansing.html

I had to go home for the day when I read that shit. I was completely devasted. Shit doesn't feel real still.

my condolences. hope you're okay and the family.

Very sorry man....That's horrible.

SamuraiX-

Jesus, man, first time I've heard about it. I'm really sorry for your loss. I hope the justice system doesn't fuck this one up.

R.I.P.

Thanks for the shout outs. It's rough because this all happened 2 blocks away from where I work and about a 8 minute walk from the apartment we both lived in. Every so often a random memory of us going out and trying to pick up women, or bbqing pops up and I either just kinda smile or just feel devastated for a hour or so. Just hoping those guys go to jail for a long time

xbhaskarx

F*** it, I got the green light....

Who gives a shit about hockey? Its down there with baseball and golf.

Since you dragged baseball into this, FYI

Profit:
Most Profitable Sports Leagues

Number 5
NBA
Overall profit: $207 million

Number 4
Formula One
Overall profit: $435 million

Number 3
MLB
Overall profit: $496 million

Number 2
English Premier League
Overall profit: $513 million

Number 1
NFL
Overall profit: $984.5 million

You might be asking where NASCAR and the NHL fit into the equation. NHL teams had a combined operating income of $125.1 million in 2006, which is well behind the numbers posted up in the NBA. We were not able to find any clear figures on NASCAR’s overall profits in order to slot the stock-car racing circuit accordingly.

NBA is almost the same as NHL, MLB is bigger than NBA + NHL

Revenue:
INFOGRAPHIC - NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL Most Recent Revenues

NBA is closer to NHL than MLB, MLB is almost the size of NBA + NHL

Value:
Forbes: The World's Most Valuable Sports Teams
No. 3 New York Yankees
Value: $1.7 billion
Owner: Steinbrenner family

No. 31 Boston Red Sox
Value: $912 million
Owners: John Henry and Thomas Werner

No. 38 Los Angeles Dodgers
Value: $800 million
Owner: Frank McCourt

No. 42 Chicago Cubs
Value: $773 million
Owner: Ricketts family

No. 44 New York Mets
Value: $747 million
Owner: Fred Wilpon and Saul Katz

No. 47 New York Knicks
Value: $655 million
Owner: Madison Square Garden

No. 48 Los Angeles Lakers
Value: $643 million
Owners: Jerry Buss and Philip Anschutz

No. 50 Philadelphia Phillies
Value: $609 million
Owner: Partnership led by David Montgomery

Two NBA teams barely make it into a top 50 dominated by NFL, soccer, and baseball

Average attendance:
nmKKC.jpg

NBA = NHL at 17k, MLB attendance is 13k more, with twice as many games as both
Also note there are two other baseball leagues with respectable attendance, whereas there are no other basketball leagues above 9k

Total attendance:
MLB 73.5 million
NBA ~21 million (in a typical non-shortened season)
NHL ~21 million

Times blowhards like Skip Bayless talk about douchebags like Lebron James on ESPN's shitty attempt at sports coverage:
#1 NBA

So that's 5 for baseball, 1 for NBA.

xbhaskarx

Where's the stat that proves that Baseball isn't boring or stuck in the past?

Yeah, the past as in these are numbers from 2011.

Also, what's most amusing about your post is that when NHL fans argued that NHL players were tougher than NBA players, the response was "lol NBA is more popular" including this guy who said NHL is "down there with baseball"...
So of course when I respond with actual facts, you have to change it to something else: "boring" and "stuck in the past"... well congrats on at least picking two things that are entirely subjective and cannot be quantified.
Well, except that the sports viewing public is CURRENTLY spending more of their SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT DOLLARS on MLB than NBA....

Yea, but basketball is a contact sport and not an outside pajama party game.

And now we have really come full circle: tougher --> more popular --> contact sport... but wait, isn't hockey much more of a contact sport than basketball? I mentioned NHL, quick go back to popularity now!

Most football stadiums (American and otherwise) seat around 80,000 people and MLB plays twice as many games. Basketball stadiums seat 20 to 30k, average revenue per ticket sold would be a fairer comparison.

Branduil

Harden left practice today with his shooting hand and wrist heavily taped.

Wow, he's taking flopping to unprecedented levels. Also, why are naked hockey players being posted?

So Harden has a bruise on his shooting hand, happened last night.

Still should have made that breakaway layup.

Lebron made a three with leg cramps. Dirk won last year with a torn tendon in his finger. No excuses.

Yeah, the past as in these are numbers from 2011.

Also, what's most amusing about your post is that when NHL fans argued that NHL players were tougher than NBA players, the response was "lol NBA is more popular" including this guy who said "it's down there with baseball"... So of course when I respond with actual facts, you have to change it to something else "boring" and "stuck in the past"... well congrats on at least picking two things that are entirely subjective and cannot be quantified (well, except that the sports viewing public is CURRENTLY spending more of their SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT DOLLARS on MLB than NBA).

I agreed with the NHL fans, Hockey players on average are tougher...not sure why you're generalizing every NBA fan in here and subject everyone including those who weren't involved or even disagreed with few douches running their mouths with drivel that Blackace has warned everyone to stop doing hours ago.

There is a PM function you know.

Branduil

Who says? It's all about age, that's the ticking clock on how much time he has left. (a lot)

Jordan was 35 when he got his last chip. That's a whole 8 years from now for Lebron.

Also, MJ was fortunate enough to be in a position to win on his first team. Jordan didn't do it alone, he had hall of fame greats like Pippen, Rodman, Kerr. Lebron was surrounded by Anderson Varejao, Antoine Jamison, and Dalante West... Not exactly comparable is it?

Now that Lebron is surrounded by talent, like Jordan was, he's in a position to win. I'm not saying he'll win as many as Jordan, but he could be up there at least.
Hall of fame greats like Kerr. I'm dying.

Hall of fame greats.

Kerr.

Sanjuro

How do MLB players always end up on the DL when you do a few repetitive motions a day? I could never solve that mystery.

Hitting a baseball successfully is one of the hardest things to do in sports. Pitching alone is a freak show. The body isn't supposed to take that sort of stress.

Vire

To say the NHL interest is even remotely comparable to the current NBA is laughable.

NHL Stanley Cup Finals this year averaged 3 million viewers this year while the NBA Finals have averaged 11 million viewers.

So I have no idea why xbhaskarx had the bright idea to shit up this thread.

Top Bottom