• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

Jordan only had a sick game. He felt bad.

James had a cramp game. Physically unable to play. The doctors said it wasn't possible. James himself didn't believe.

It was the champion inside of him that forced him to continue
MJs game was like Jogn the Baptist preparing our eyes and hearts for the true glory that was Lebrons miraculous game last night. Truly the stuff that legends are made of.

Branduil

Did that guy really try to come in here and brag about how much more MLB makes? Of course baseball sells alot of shit. I probably have bought 10 MLB hats this year and couldn't tell you five players from the teams.

ibVKmLMWXCdA8.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
MJ called getting one ring "luck", got to get another to prove it wasn't a fluke.
Yup. Even then, he'll need more to enter a higher tiered discussion.
I'm just glad he had that massive mental breakdown last year. It effectively ended any kind of serious comparisons to Jordan that would have been made years later. It'll still happen but no one will take them seriously at all now.
this is so delicious I absolutely cannot have another bite.
Let's be honest, if Lebron gets this ring, he deserves it, but it's one of the biggest asterisk rings of all time. I can't remember an easier path to the Finals than Miami had this year.
okay last one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I was just quoting Jordan, not stating an opinion bro.
I was really just including your quote to give context to those that followed, but I mean, Jordan says lots of stuff.
NBA at 50 said:
Q: Once the first championship was out of the way, what did the second championship do for the Bulls?

Jordan: We put a stamp from an organization standpoint that it wasn't a fluke the first time. But from an individual standpoint, I vowed to show to everyone that a scoring leader could also be a successful team leader. I vowed to maintain that type of consistency for this organization in winning championships. To do it twice showed...it gave us validity as an organization and gave us motivation to have an opportunity to do something Magic Johnson didn't do, Larry Bird didn't do and no other team has done in some time. We wanted to really solidify where this organization was headed, and where Michael Jordan as a leader was headed. So I drew motivation from that, that back to back. And it was a hard fight but I never doubted that we couldn't do it.
*shrug* Sort of covers all the bases.

Srsly

Banned
There was nothing hard about Miami's path to the Finals.

They played without Bosh for most of the semi-finals and ECF. They played a Boston team that was one of the best teams in the league in the second half of the regular season, a team that was clearly saving its best for the best because of their age.

If Miami wins tomorrow, they will emerge victorious in a mere 5 games over a team that breezed through the supposedly much better WCF. Is OKC supposed to be worn out or something despite playing 3 fewer games than Miami in these playoffs? The championship round is about beating the other best team and becoming the best of the best. Your logic is completely pathetic.

They played without Bosh for most of the semi-finals and ECF. They played a Boston team that was one of the best teams in the league in the second half of the regular season, a team that was clearly saving its best for the best because of their age.

If Miami wins tomorrow, they will emerge victorious in a mere 5 games over a team that breezed through the supposedly much better WCF. Is OKC supposed to be worn out or something despite playing 3 fewer games than Miami in these playoffs? The championship round is about beating the other best team and becoming the best of the best. Your logic is completely pathetic.

But there is a case that the Heat would be eliminated in the SECOND ROUND of the WEST!!!!

Brandy's just trolling

I'll enjoy my asterisk ring this year if that happens, it's a lot better than not winning a single playoff game

Branduil

Boston's best=Pierce and Ray Allen playing like trash. You make my argument for me.

Boston's best=Pierce and Ray Allen playing like trash. You make my argument for me.

We literally have a chance to eliminate the cream of there crop in less games than the Pacers and Celtics. Literally.

But but the West...

We literally have a chance to eliminate the cream of there crop in less games than the Pacers and Celtics. Literally.

But but the West...

But but the West...

Regardless of whether or not the Heat's title deserves an asterisk or something, LeBron showed a lot of resiliency this postseason and the ability to play all four rounds of the playoffs at a very high level without a mental dropoff at any point which should elevate him a good deal in an all-time discussion. That the Heat are finishing playing a really great team removes any doubt about the legitimacy of the ring in my mind though.

PBY

Banned
Regardless of whether or not the Heat's title deserves an asterisk or something, LeBron showed a lot of resiliency this postseason and the ability to play all four rounds of the playoffs at a very high level without a mental dropoff at any point which should elevate him a good deal in an all-time discussion. That the Heat are finishing playing a really great team removes any doubt about the legitimacy of the ring in my mind though.

As a sidenote- we were unhealthy w/o Bosh, and last year we beat a healthy Chicago.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I bet this Heat squad would lose against a team of genetically engineered sharks that could breathe on land and play basketball

Branduil

The Thunder are a great collection of talent, no doubt. But they're not a great team.

As a sidenote- we were unhealthy w/o Bosh, and last year we beat a healthy Chicago.

Yeah, I don't think Boston or Indiana were amazing opponents, but the Heat were beat up so winning was not really unimpressive or asterisk worthy. It wasn't the toughest road ever, but it was still definitely championship caliber.

I think all asterisk talk is stupid though. Basically all the champions of the last 40 years can have points brought up against them.

Eh I wouldn't say Kobe either. He was option 2 for a while and he still lags behind many of Jordan's stats while already logging more career games than him.
Doesn't mean you can't compare them....Jordan was far better, we all know that, the point is that Kobe plays a similar game...

Heat title (when they get it) is well deserved...

Also, I agree with the above...

Top Bottom