• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

basketballboshchampagtf0am.gif
Is it wrong that this was the first thing that popped in my mind as soon as I saw the original gif? :-S

Durant needs to spend the next few summers working out with Dirk. He'll be fucking unstoppable if he can master that midrange fadeaway that dirk has.

He spent this summer working with LBJ and look where he got. He should go back to Akron or wherever, they both benefited so much from that shit.

Nameless

LeBron winning was inevitable, which is why it was so fun rooting against him. Durant? Not even close. He's not a complete player. I don't think he'll be the best player on a title team. We'll see. At least he's fun to watch.

I think Durant can be great. He's on the fringes right now. It would help if he had someone who could score in the paint to relieve some pressure, but instead he has two defensive players with him in the front court, a defensive player at the 2, and a bonehead running the point. Westbrook showed up for a game, other than that pretty much everyone stunk it up besides Durantula. That he got them this far is a testament to his skill.

This series could have EASILY been 3-1 the other way if not over completely. How close this series was may be lost in the long run, though, due to the magnitude of the shit OKC dropped in game 5.

charsace

You're delusional if you actually believe that. Well, that and all the rest of your posts.

The second team in NYC already gets zero shine. A third would get one line in the paper for the final score and nothing else.

Seattle isn't getting a team. There are probably other places that are waiting for a team and would get one before Seattle. There is no hope for Seattle. I said NYC would get a third team before Seattle in a joke way to reflect how far off seattle is from getting another team.

Europe would get a team before Seattle. Buffalo, NY would get another team before seattle gets one.

Ripclawe

Banned
Punk bitch!

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2012/06/cleveland_cavaliers_owner_dan_8.html

It took about five minutes for Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert to acknowledge the Miami Heat's NBA championship on Twitter Thursday night. But he still refused to mention LeBron James by name.

Sometime after the final buzzer sounded but before the championship trophy was presented to the Heat and the Finals MVP went to James, Gilbert tweeted, "Great NBA season. Enjoyed playoffs. Congratulations to Miami & OKC for an exciting Finals. Back to work on next weeks promising Cavs draft.''

Seattle isn't getting a team. There are probably other places that are waiting for a team and would get one before Seattle. There is no hope for Seattle. I said NYC would get a third team before Seattle in a joke way to reflect how far off seattle is from getting another team.

Europe would get a team before Seattle. Buffalo, NY would get another team before seattle gets one.

Yeah as long as Stern is a commish they won't.

abuC

Outside of an injury, what exactly is going to stop the Heat from getting back to the finals next year? The East right now doesn't look very good with the likely breakup of the Celtics, and Rose will miss most of the season.

cdyhybrid

:jnc

aznpxdd

This series could have EASILY been 3-1 the other way if not over completely. How close this series was may be lost in the long run, though, due to the magnitude of the shit OKC dropped in game 5.

Meh, you can bust that shit on ANY series.

Lakers could have been easily up 2-1 or 3-1 against Thunder if they didn't choke in the last 2 mins in a couple of games. Well, but they did, so who cares what could have happened.

Outside of an injury, what exactly is going to stop the Heat from getting back to the finals next year? The East right now doesn't look very good with the likely breakup of the Celtics, and Rose will miss most of the season.

Ehh, the Celtics will probably only lose Ray who isn't that good at this point, but KG playing as good as he did this year seems really unlikely. Hawks could get the 2nd seed if Deng misses a lot of time.

Gigglepoo

LeBron and Bosh are the only sure things on the team

charsace

Seattle will get a team before the Knicks get out of the first round of the playoffs again

The knicks get out of the first round next season and you're gonna be wishing the knicks had offered Amare and Tyson for Dwight. I'm happy I won't have to see Orlando in the playoffs for a few years. And I'm gonna enjoy having Dwight playing for the B team.

abuC

Ehh, the Celtics will probably only lose Ray who isn't that good at this point, but KG playing as good as he did this year seems really unlikely. Hawks could get the 2nd seed if Deng misses a lot of time.

I think the Pacers get the 2nd seed, the Hawks are just too dumb as a team to pose any real threat to the Heat.

The West?

The West is going to stop them from making it to the finals?

Top Bottom