• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Yeah, can't say I'm mad. After game 3 I knew OKC had nothing going for them, my interest faded immediately in them.

Good job, Miami. No doubt about it that LeBron single handedly did what he had to do. Though I think Battier was deadly this entire finals too, so he deserves a ton of credit too.

andthebeatgoeson

Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless
This series turned on LeBron's obvious foul on Durant that went shockingly uncalled with 9 seconds left in G2 in Durant's house.

:jnc

Oh Skip...

Ur part of the problem. Giving him clicks and views. He's a douche. Don't pay attention.

It's like Stu Scott. Fuck them but I can't be arsed to worry about them.

Kellen

Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless
This series turned on LeBron's obvious foul on Durant that went shockingly uncalled with 9 seconds left in G2 in Durant's house.

:jnc

Oh Skip...

probably what skip is doing right now:

1899644_o.gif

charsace

lol whatever son.. the people can't be expected to pay in full for a stadium.. look at the deal now. Investors have money up for the stadium.. and the people pay the rest. I think Clay paid for the Thunder's home himself in full..no such love in Seattle..

Also, other investors offered to buy the team back once it became clear he wanted to move it.. and he wouldn't sell even for a profit.. so it was a jackmove from the get..

The Thunder's stadium is owned by Oklahoma so you're wrong. Bennett didn't have to pay anything for OKC's home court.

I'm honestly glad the Heat won, LeBron got too much hate and I think it would have been more boring moving forward if the Thunder had a won a title since they're young and improving while Miami is bit old and declining other than LeBron.

Well after watching a full season of NBA including playoff games for the first time I can safely say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Loved watching the games, the ups and downs of the season, and finally to top it off Miami winning the championship.

And now the game's over I can finally go to bed, it's 5.30am and I have to be up in 3 hours, gifs will have to wait until later today or until someone else posts them, sorry.

PBY

Banned
Well after watching a full season of NBA including playoff games for the first time I can safely say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Loved watching the games, the ups and downs of the season, and finally to top it off Miami winning the championship.

And now the game's over I can finally go to bed, it's 5.30am and I have to be up in 3 hours, gifs will have to wait until later today or until someone else posts them, sorry.

U balled so hard this year man. Thanks for everything.

Judderman

drawer by drawer

:bow

Fantomex

Thanks Sunhi you make threads!

Remyzero

Thanks for the laughs!

KingGondo

Banned

Stick around, you lived up to your name.

MIMIC

Banned
OMG, our meteorologist is losing his mind right now. It's raining in Cleveland right now and he has said, "It's all heat, but no thunder" like a million times. lol

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
And Green was parlayed into Perk, who helped the Thunder get as far as they did.

Sonics weren't going anywhere with max contracts to guys like Jesus and Rashard Lewis.

Hate Bennett all you want, but Presti's plan has been virtually flawless up to this point.

Lewis wasn't in the picture..

and KD and Ray-Ray would have been a good enough team for fans to see.. Clay's plan was to tank so hard.. so he could say "see people don't want this team" and jack em with ease..

Pretty sure Presti would have liked to see how KD and Ray-Ray would have scored together before moving him.. But getting rid of Ray-Ray for key in moving them..

MVP

MVP

MVP

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
damnit. PokeDurant devolved back to BackpackDurant. and Westbrook is rocking a sleeveless denim jacket.

WTF IS GOING ON.

Blondie

Neo Member
lebron-james-graphic-2-0621.jpg

lebron-mod-us8-6-21.jpg

tx.lebron4.r.jpg

YOUR 2012 NBA WORLD CHAMPION MIAMI HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCK YOU CLAY BENNETT! FUCK YOU DAVID STERN!
GO SONICS! GOOOOOOOOOOOO HEAT!!!
COAST TO COAST MIAMI TO SEATTLE!!!
I LOVE YOU MIAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The M.O.B

Thanks for all the .GIFS SUNHI!

charsace

Dude, I know you're taking up my cause, but just stop.

Bennett bought the team knowing that he planned to move it, and that Schultz was a greedy bastard who would take a high offer, and that stadium fatigue had set in and Seattle taxpayers wouldn't build a new arena for the Sonics. Add in the (legit) rebuilding process that involved blowing up the team, and you had a perfect mix of apathy that would allow him to bring the NBA to OKC.

I personally think Schultz is more to blame, but what Bennett did is undeniably shitty and duplicitous. I think Seattle deserves another team and it sucks that a lot of people there will never be able to appreciate the specialness of the Thunder because of how shit went down.

Congrats Heat-Age. Next season can't get here soon enough.

And here it is. A combination of Schultz, greedy politicians that wanted the 75mill and a little over half of the state that was fed up with the team are what caused the move of the Sonics. At the end of this year Sonic fans will be hot when they lose the Sonics history so that government will get the remaining $35mill that they have left to receive. Anyone that thinks the stadium proposal happening right now will go through are gullible. Stern is just helping a few rich people in Seattle save face. They are saving face like Schultz did when he sued Bennett and claimed he didn't know anything.

cdyhybrid

Anyone that thinks the stadium proposal happening right now will go through are gullible. Stern is just helping a few rich people in Seattle save face. They are saving face like Schultz did when he sued Bennett and claimed he didn't know anything.

Sounds like you got inside info. Hook it up, man! What's the deal?

The Magic were 3 wins away from winning a title with a 24 year old Dwight and look at where they are now.

Nothing is ever guaranteed in this league.

This is true in pretty much everything, but the Thunder are set up better than the Magic ever were. Nelson, Turk, Lewis, and Howard vs. Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, and Durant; are you serious?

The M.O.B

Bitter Cleveland'ers are out in full force tonight on Twitter.

Why don't yall find something to do..........

On the other hand, Durant and Westbrook handles this presser with class, can't root for em but no way I can root against them.

Top Bottom