• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

Cipherr

Awesome win tonight! That's right, bitches. I'm back! :). PEACE.

jack-nicholson-yes.gif

damn, not only did they win, they did it by winning 4 in a row and grabbing a blowout for the last game. hoooly.

and Durant, poor guy.

tumblr_lynb14vPcK1qlmf09.gif

but then i saw his backpack and pink sweatpants and i was like smh >_>

Emwitus

Man, i feel saddest for Tim duncan. What an epic choke job against this team. Proves that having a better defensive team is always the way to go. Spurs should go back to it's older model.
And lolololololol Thinking back at the western conference finals being the ACTUAL FINALS Comments we were all puting forth. So blinded by them spurs.

aznpxdd

Man, i feel saddest for Tim duncan. What an epic choke job against this team. Proves that having a better defensive team is always the way to go. Spurs should go back to it's older model.
And lolololololol Thinking back at the western conference finals being the ACTUAL FINALS Comments we were all puting forth. So blinded by them spurs.

Well...

I'm not saying it decided the series or anything, but Thunder did get some favorable calls vs. Spurs.

I think the reason Pop switch to more offensive oriented style was because he didn't think he had the personnel to run the old defensive model. Can't just force them to play the defense style if they are just going to suck at it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have no profound thoughts to share.

I loved this playoffs. It kept my heart pounding every step of the way until tonight's unfathomable catharsis.

LeBron deserved his first ring tonight, and he got it. I think the most representative moment for me was locking in his triple-double on the "This... is... MINE" double-offensive rebound play.

So happy at this moment for my team, and so jealous of the friends I know that are in Miami tonight. And thank you OKC for a fantastic series.

:D

OMG I'm so sick of life longs just coming out of nowhere. Its disgusting.

:D :D :D

Slizz

I have no profound thoughts to share.

I loved this playoffs. It kept my heart pounding every step of the way until tonights unfathomable catharsis.

LeBron deserved his first ring tonight, and he got it. I think the most representative moment for me was locking in his triple-double on the "This... is... MINE" double-offensive rebound play.

So happy at this moment for my team, and so jealous of the friends I know that are in Miami tonight. And thank you OKC for a fantastic series.

:D

Its going down here..... Triple L'sssss unnnghhhhhh

Slizz

Shows how much you come into this thread.

They've evolved into Quad L's quite some time ago.

Must be slacking.... Last time I was in here I got banned.

Not gonna be like that tonight.....

EDIT: ESPN TY, for hooking it up with another broadcast of this game. If I could open palm slap Mike Breen it would complete the night.

Westlo

Good shit Heat! Good shit Bron.

Still don't like Spo... but Beasley continuing to be a bust kinda negates that a bit.. used to be furious at how he treated him.

OMG DEAD @ THAT CLEVELAND WEATHERMAN, fucking lol.

lol.. you're acting like Duncan is still 26, the reason they changed styles is obvious.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Go Gators! Go Heat!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj-QrHxppl8&feature=related watch the score. quite frankly one of my favorite athletic performances of all time right here, from a former Gator. Bandaged up on multiple injuries coming off the bench... 23 points in a championship-winning closeout Game 5, on 7-8 from downtown, with his first five in a row, and the shot that put his team over 100 points. Mike, if this was your last game, you're going out on top.

abuC

Amazing how we basically watched him go from HS phenom on ESPN, to NBA champion.

I even remember the first time I heard of him, back when he destroyed Lenny Cooke @ ABCD camp.

23:6 KJV

Banned
Some Grantland Writer said:
The Heat have a way of making basketball seem 'less basketball-y.' In Wade and James, they have two unstoppable forces who charge down the lane and shift the focus to the officials' whistles. The Heat are not a team associated with great ball movement and finding the open man, creating a new iteration of the 'beautiful game' that can be celebrated by disciples of James Naismith. They are most likely to inspire conspiracy theories. It's a surprise when one of their role players scores more than 10 points.

It doesn't feel like we're watching greatness, but rather that we're seeing two of the most difficult players to officiate playing on the same team, wearing down the Thunder defense. Every time the Thunder angrily look at the officials for a missed call, you can just feel Pat Riley smiling from his seat. He found a legal way to put pressure on the current iteration of the NBA rulebook.

Hah. That's kind of super insightful.

Pat Riley's ability to understand how the superstructure of the NBA's rulebook can and does affect the purer basketball aspects of games is on another level to most people.

It's very similar as an overarching GMing/coaching theory to his, unwanted by most fans, Knicks-Thug-Ball strategies from the 90s. He took the rules as presented, and mastered them. He basically reacted to the rulebook of the 90s, forced a change in those rules to neuter his exploitation of them, and has, in both 2006 and 2012 actually, found a way to exploit those very changes that he basically caused.

Riley has had a big hand in creating, and exploiting our current whistle happy situation. I mean, the man has masterminded three completely different basketball systems, using the players and rules he was given, and has had an incredible impact on shaping three entirely different eras of American basketball.

What a mind. I'm kind of in awe.

Fjordson

Somewhat random question: what does OKC's core lineup look like going forward? I know Durant and Westbrook are signed for a while, but what about like Harden, Ibaka, and Sefalosha? Isn't Harden's contract up after next season?

Pimpwerx

Thanks for the welcome backs.

Apologies to Blackace. He's the reason I was permed, but I earned it. I appreciate him allowing me back. I'll be a good citizen on my return, I swear.

I mostly came back for F1 and manga, but I had to come back any torment you fools for a night. :p Nah...the chat knew I missed this place a good bit.

Anyway, good win. I'm stoked. Got royally f-ed up tonight. Dat 12 year old Glenlivet *nods at Reilo*. I probably won't post much this offseason, so I'm probably a permanent member of that LLL group. But I still rep my city to death. Quote my ridiculous 2011 preseason post. It's probably half-right by now. The best 2011 preseason prediction online, baby! Let's go HEAT! Destiny and dynasty await! :D PEACE.

Emwitus

lol.. you're acting like Duncan is still 26, the reason they changed styles is obvious.

I'm acting like they should have and should sign players in the offseason that are better defensively and can help out their already above average offense. Ignoring the fact that i did not mention Duncan in my post, I still think he is a good defensive player at his age.

LETS GO MOTHERFUCKING HEAT!

6:30 am just got home from celebrating all night. What a win, what a season. LEBRON FINALLY GOT THAT RING. The haters will be missed!

It's been a long road, from 2 years ago me saying the Heat were gonna get the big 3, and I got laughed out of the thread. Here we are, HEAT CHAMPIONS BABY! Parade on Monday!

aznpxdd

LETS GO MOTHERFUCKING HEAT!

6:30 am just got home from celebrating all night. What a win, what a season. LEBRON FINALLY GOT THAT RING. The haters will be missed!

It's been a long road, from 2 years ago me saying the Heat were gonna get the big 3, and I got laughed out of the thread. Here we are, HEAT CHAMPIONS BABY! Parade on Monday!

Were you here last year? Or after game 5 of ECF? Just checkin'

Derrick01

Banned
Heat in the finals is like E3 time for this side of Gaf. It's basically me going "who are all these people and where were they all year?"

At least these people don't crash Gaf. There's that I guess.

Heat in the finals is like E3 time for this side of Gaf. It's basically me going "who are all these people and where were they all year?"

At least these people don't crash Gaf. There's that I guess.

I agree. I don't normally post in this thread, as I've degenerated into a casual basketball fan, simply looking at stats, standings, news, etc (life is just busy and I hardly watch tv).

But I know as a Florida resident and a Miamian since 1993, back when we had Seikly (sp), Rice, Smith, etc, I'm happy the Heat won another championship.

My only desire is the "fairweather" fans become "true" Heat fans. Miami is a weird town. We've had the Marlins win two championship, the Heat now won two, the Panthers have been to the Stanley Cup Finals, but there is a real sports fan base compared to some towns. It's more fadish. South Beach probably has more local fans.

Was Boston much better than people realized? Or was it just a matter of the Heat not having Bosh?

If it's the former, maybe the Celts shouldn't be so quick to blow it up. It's scary to think just how close the Celtics came to winning another championship. They were the only team to give the Heat a competitive series for all 6-7 games. Maybe the Celtics should just try adding a couple more younger pieces. Try to keep KG, but trade away Ray Ray for a bit of youth while you can. After all, the Heat are going to be a year older as well. Wade will continue his injury decline and many of the other Heat role players are getting old and busted as well. Also who knows if Lebron will play with the same fire and focus as he did this year, especially with many sportswriters already proclaiming him GOAT.

I say Boston should try to pull the wagon one more year. The East is so weak that they could finish the season as the 6th or 7th seed and still make the ECF.

Top Bottom