• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

aznpxdd

Was Boston much better than people realized? Or was it just a matter of the Heat not having Bosh?

If it's the former, maybe the Celts shouldn't be so quick to blow it up. It's scary to think just how close the Celtics came to winning another championship. They were the only team to give the Heat a competitive series for all 6-7 games. Maybe the Celtics should just try adding a couple more younger pieces. Try to keep KG, but trade away Ray Ray for a bit of youth while you can. After all, the Heat are going to be a year older as well. Wade will continue his injury decline and many of the other Heat role players are getting old and busted as well. Also who knows if Lebron will play with the same fire and focus as he did this year, especially with many sportswriters already proclaiming him GOAT.

I say Boston should try to pull the wagon one more year. The East is so weak that they could finish the season as the 6th or 7th seed and still make the ECF.

I think Ray is an unrestricted FA, and mostly likely will sign with Heat. Yeah I know...

Wade will continue his injury decline and many of the other Heat role players are getting old and busted as well. Also who knows if Lebron will play with the same fire and focus as he did this year, especially with many sportswriters already proclaiming him GOAT.

I say Boston should try to pull the wagon one more year. The East is so weak that they could finish the season as the 6th or 7th seed and still make the ECF.
If LeBron is any kind of competitor and cares about his place in the NBA pantheon then, I think he'll be motivated to win a few more championships. He'll never have a team as championship capable as this. Sucks that it's an Olympic year, but hopefully the trinity will be healthy next season.

And it seemed like Wade deferred to LeBron this year. Last year, he was the # 1 scoring threat, but I think to make their team dynamic work more he's sort of taken a secondary role.

And Heat, please get a new coach. We've got the Barry Switzer of the NBA.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Congrats to the legit Heat fans on winning another title. Well done. Enjoy the hell out of it.

As for the bandwagoners; do me a big favor and go suck a fuck. Thank you.

Kwhit10

Congrats Heat an their true fans. It won't be as fun rooting against Lebron now that he got his title. Sucks that Wade will always have one more than Bron, because he has become a real douche.

I stayed out of the thread hoping against hope, but it wasn't to be.
I have made my peace with this.
Congrats to Heat-Age and their fans.

So now, who is the pressure of the world on to win and justify their legacy?

Fox318

I'd rather LeBron win than a team stealer.

The better evil won.

I feel it's still James. I certainly don't think 1 ring is enough. Not if he wants to be considered the GOAT.

pilonv1

scaled.php

lolz

KingKong

Well he did rebound and assist pretty poorly and wasn't that great on defense. It's kind of crazy how it can feel like he's not getting the ball enough and he can still average 30 and hit more than half his shots

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
god damn, this is like a victory speech for Skip moreso than for Lebron.

how is this man not a firm fixture in wrestling broadcasts? his talents are wasted on First Take and ESPN.

and to warm Vaughn's heart - LBJ still has no 'clutch gene', the gene that a vast majority of NBA stars believes exists and has been scientifically proven by, like, scholars and shit.

KingGondo

Banned
Well he did rebound and assist pretty poorly and wasn't that great on defense. It's kind of crazy how it can feel like he's not getting the ball enough and he can still average 30 and hit more than half his shots
Not really. He's not a ball-dominant player. He's best catching and shooting or catching and driving to the rim.

I'd like to see him develop a true post game, and I know he's going to work his ass off this summer.

The next step:

- KD post game
- YNB learning to improve his shot selection and pick his spots to attack
- Ibaka working on his hands and passing
- Harden developing a better mid-range game
- Firing Scott "Doug Collins" Brooks and bringing in Phil Jax.

PBY

Banned
Realcavsfans is a cesspool.

All the people happy LeBron won need to shut up and stop making excuses... I am tired of letting Assholes get away with murder. Okay reason number one, He teamed up with Bosh and Wade to be the one to claim this title and he will be looked at and raised higher than they will be, and He knew he could ride them to HIS spot light. Reason number two, Happiest day of His life???? If I am his wife and kids I say goodbye and leave the asshole. He could have said "This Is one of the best things to happen to me and my team In my life" So anyone who defends his words there Should just run into traffic, Reason Number three, What good did he do for anyone or anything other than be so selfish he made ESPN his sexual bitch. This Is like a Really Fat lady who can sing but Is a fat lazy bitch who only cares about her food, Imagine she wins a TV show contest and wins a huge cake cooked by the worlds top Chef and a Alot of money, And she says that Is the best day of her life??? would you have any excuse as to not be Very, Very angry?? The world Is now based to cater to assholes and that Is why I was so happy to see Dirk win one last Year. At least the guy Is real and Respectable. Will or Is Lebron more mature now yes maybe he Is but deep down He is still that arrogant, Two faced asshole we all know. However I go give credit to Bosh, Chalmers, and Battier. Those guys did A lot to get this ring and will never be mentioned down the road as why this team won, Well maybe Bosh, So I will say congrats to those players mostly Battier and Chalmers as I still can't stand Bosh either.

Stay free guy.

PBY

Banned
Did you mean to quote that, or...
Yeah, thats a quote from rcf. What's crazy is that thats not uncommon. See exhibit b:
The Heat won a championship. Congrats to him. This is clearly what he wanted and in achieving his most coveted goal, he ripped the heart out of his hometown and exposed himself to be someone who cares about one thing: himself. I'm sorry, but if a man with two kids and is about to get married claims that winning a championship is the best day of his life than it's all I need to know about what kind of a man he really is. I didn't hear Bosh or Wade utter the same phrase and that's because neither are as self-absorbed and emotionally vacuous as LeBron. Be careful what you wish for, LeBron.

Fantomex

Realcavsfans is a cesspool.

All the people happy LeBron won need to shut up and stop making excuses... I am tired of letting Assholes get away with murder. Okay reason number one, He teamed up with Bosh and Wade to be the one to claim this title and he will be looked at and raised higher than they will be, and He knew he could ride them to HIS spot light. Reason number two, Happiest day of His life???? If I am his wife and kids I say goodbye and leave the asshole. He could have said "This Is one of the best things to happen to me and my team In my life" So anyone who defends his words there Should just run into traffic, Reason Number three, What good did he do for anyone or anything other than be so selfish he made ESPN his sexual bitch. This Is like a Really Fat lady who can sing but Is a fat lazy bitch who only cares about her food, Imagine she wins a TV show contest and wins a huge cake cooked by the worlds top Chef and a Alot of money, And she says that Is the best day of her life??? would you have any excuse as to not be Very, Very angry?? The world Is now based to cater to assholes and that Is why I was so happy to see Dirk win one last Year. At least the guy Is real and Respectable. Will or Is Lebron more mature now yes maybe he Is but deep down He is still that arrogant, Two faced asshole we all know. However I go give credit to Bosh, Chalmers, and Battier. Those guys did A lot to get this ring and will never be mentioned down the road as why this team won, Well maybe Bosh, So I will say congrats to those players mostly Battier and Chalmers as I still can't stand Bosh either.

Stay free guy.

Have you ever used " I'm gonna kill him" or " when they find out their gonna kill me" ? It's just spur of the moment talk.

Yeah, thats a quote from rcf. What's crazy is that thats not uncommon. See exhibit b:
The Heat won a championship. Congrats to him. This is clearly what he wanted and in achieving his most coveted goal, he ripped the heart out of his hometown and exposed himself to be someone who cares about one thing: himself. I'm sorry, but if a man with two kids and is about to get married claims that winning a championship is the best day of his life than it's all I need to know about what kind of a man he really is. I didn't hear Bosh or Wade utter the same phrase and that's because neither are as self-absorbed and emotionally vacuous as LeBron. Be careful what you wish for, LeBron.

Hahaha you should have put quotes around that I was like WTF Peter be tripping hard

Puddles

Banned
Jesus Christ, what a horrible day.

I'm impressed by Bosh though. He really stepped up. Guess we'll have to retire "Like a Bosh" now.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Everyone has kids and gets married, not everyone wins a title.

Top Bottom