• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

effzee

Man I feel for some Cavs fans but at the same time, and this 2 years old now, the worst thing that could have happened to Bron was to be drafted by his home state team. Was he supposed to forever play for them regardless of where he wanted to play? Of course how he left made it 100 times worse.

But imagine if he was drafted by the Kings or some other irrelevant franchise. Would him leaving that organization cause such a tidal wave of negativity?

IFWT-Bosh-celebrate.jpg

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Did anyone else come away from these Finals disliking Wade more than LBJ? Wade acts like an arrogant punk more than anyone else in the NBA.

TylerD

I was impressed with how Lebron handled himself last night and talked about how the backlash of "The Decision" did bother him and that he needed to look at himself and decide that he can't make everyone happy and just play. It did not sound like PR talk to me like some mentioned.

He was incredible in the finals and throughout the playoffs. As sad as I am, that was a special performance that he put on and he showed how he can totally dominate the game in many ways.

The Thunder is going to have a hell of a time trying to beat Lebron and that team if they get back there and I hope the fans realize how special it is just to get to the finals. There is a lot that has to go right.

Puddles

Banned
Btw, thank you Blackace for the short ban. I would have gotten a permaban easily if I had been allowed to post during Game 5. You saved me from myself.

However, I was absolutely making a basketball argument with that post you banned me for. LeBron averaged 1.5 fouls per game this year, playing heavy minutes and aggressive defense. It's statistically unprecedented. But going beyond the statistics, you can just watch the games. Bron sometimes commits more than 1.5 fouls on a single possession. Most of us watched that last Lakers/Heat matchup where LeBron put on his best Jerry Sandusky imitation and took Pau Gasol to the showers.

All superstars get away with stuff on defense. But the amount of contact that James is allowed to get away with is unprecedented, even for superstars. For reference, Jordan, Pippen, and Gary Payton all have much higher career fouls per game averages than LeBron did this season, and those are just the first three defensive monsters I looked up. In the modern era, Kobe and Artest have both averaged far more fouls than Bron.

All I'm saying is that if LeBron's physical defense was officiated in the same way as every other player, it might just change his game a bit.

Derrick01

Banned
Did anyone else come away from these Finals disliking Wade more than LBJ? Wade acts like an arrogant punk more than anyone else in the NBA.

Me. I can't respect what's left of his game at all. If he's not flopping, diving into defenders, or whining for calls then he's useless as a #2 option. I wouldn't have any problem with Lebron winning if it wasn't for the awful sports media. ESPN is on full deepthroat mode today.

really? Skip is the one who looks flustered. Cuban's been holding court like a boss.

Yeah Skip does tend to stumble a bit when he's being called out. Cuban just looked so disgusted with him though.

I was impressed with how Lebron handled himself last night and talked about how the backlash of "The Decision" did bother him and that he needed to look at himself and decide that he can't make everyone happy and just play. It did not sound like PR talk to me like some mentioned.

He was incredible in the finals and throughout the playoffs. As sad as I am, that was a special performance that he put on and he showed how he can totally dominate the game in many ways.

The Thunder is going to have a hell of a time trying to beat Lebron and that team if they get back there and I hope the fans realize how special it is just to get to the finals. There is a lot that has to go right.

want shawn marion?

I was sick yesterday and caught the last two quarters on and off while falling asleep and waking up.

Did YNB really shoot 20% and got outplayed by Battier, Miller and Chalmers?

Y Not Trade?

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Yeah Skip does tend to stumble a bit when he's being called out. Cuban just looked so disgusted with him though.
i love how he's calling about the both of them (and most of these analysts in general) for speaking mainly in generalities and hookey narratives instead of the actual reasons why X didn't get the ball or why shot Y was taken.

yeah, Cuban has access to break down game film because he's an owner, but don't reporters like SAS and Skip have just as much opportunity to at ESPN?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
i love how he's calling about the both of them (and most of these analysts in general) for speaking mainly in generalities and hookey narratives instead of the actual reasons why X didn't get the ball or why shot Y was taken.

yeah, Cuban has access to break down game film because he's an owner, but don't reporters like SAS and Skip have just as much opportunity to at ESPN?

Anybody can get Synergy and break down like every play of every game. I think it's $20 a year.

Did they take Cuban (Nelson?) to task for his offseason moves this past season? Building for the future? No, wasting the end of Dirk's prime.

They should. Sadly, I don't think that's what sells. Trash does. That's why ESPN operates like a tabloid and First Take is very successful.

(for the record, I think FT is entertaining, but its still trash)

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan

This is the same New York Post that thought that Russell Brand ending his marriage to Katy Perry was worthy of the front page. I wouldn't take stock in that useless piece of rag.

The reaction from the haters is priceless. That Deadspin article... :jnc

jman2050

You have to wonder about how much of that is OKC not having anyone who could adequately guard him rather than a purposeful mindset of LBJ. I've always thought he'd be the most unstoppable player in history if he focused on getting to the rim. He's just stronger than everyone else.

I can't tell for sure because the author did an awful job clarifying, but I think those shot charts are for the whole season(s) and not just the playoffs?

Smokey

Problem was OKC did not have anybody ready to sacrifice their body to take a charge from Wade or Bron. Heat had Battier (MVP). It affected the Thunder to the point where they weren't attacking the rim as much. Nobody got in front of the Heat players. It was all slaps and touch fouls.

OKC's defense all around was piss poor. Combined with Brooks inept coaching decisions and it was a wrap. Durant letting Battier drive on him for a layup was lolworthy

KingGondo

Banned
I think that Michael Jordan shall from this point forever be known as "Black Daniel Plainview."

Smokey said:
Problem was OKC did not have anybody ready to sacrifice their body to take a charge from Wade or Bron.

CollisonRedFro.jpg

Still bitter.

This is the same New York Post that thought that Russell Brand ending his marriage to Katy Perry was worthy of the front page. I wouldn't take stock in that useless piece of rag.

The reaction from the haters is priceless. That Deadspin article... :jnc

It's not like it's false. James is still a douche. MJ was a psycho and Kobe is an asshole.

Psychos and assholes are celebrated in sports, douchebags are disliked in every area of life. But this is probably tthe worst possible time to hate on James, he just won a title and outplayed everyone on the court. Finally realized he is unstoppable around the rim and should almost never shoot jumpers.

Puddles

Banned
OMFG I think it just hit me?

Cool.

I've been depressed all day, but it's really starting to hit me too.

LeBron James is an NBA champion. Fuck.

That's just something I'm going to have to live with from here on out. I'm sure it'll get easier with time. At least, I hope it does.

Vire

I've been depressed all day, but it's really starting to hit me too.

LeBron James is an NBA champion. Fuck.

That's just something I'm going to have to live with from here on out. I'm sure it'll get easier with time. At least, I hope it does.

I don't know what's better, last night's celebration or waking up to this post.

Top Bottom