• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

To be as successful as Jordan, you gotta be a complete sociopath like he was. Does anybody actually like him personally? Or, do they say they do in order to ride the coattails? I've heard nothing but bad stories.

Puddles

Banned
I don't know what's better, last night's celebration or waking up to this post.

Clearly you go to the wrong parties.

I was hoping that Lebron would never win a NBA championship, but yeah looks like he did, it still feels weird saying that

Same here. People were trying to play him up as this generation's Jordan, but I was hoping he'd be this generation's Barkley/Malone.

He could still end up being this generation's Drexler, which wouldn't be so bad, I guess. One title before the Durant onslaught begins, then another one when he's past his prime and a clear 2nd option. I could live with that.

Fantomex

I've been depressed all day, but it's really starting to hit me too.

LeBron James is an NBA champion. Fuck.

That's just something I'm going to have to live with from here on out. I'm sure it'll get easier with time. At least, I hope it does.

....bwahahahaha. You crazy mayne.

Puddles

Banned
....bwahahahaha. You crazy mayne.

I might have some experience with the feeling if not for the 2002 Angels. Barry Bonds was like two innings away from chipping with the Giants. I would have been pretty salty if that had happened.

I was really hoping Durant & Co. could pull it out, but once the margin got up to 17, I knew they were done.

Gawker media is such a classless organization.

One of their affiliates had an article attacking Jessica Alba for saying Cameron Diaz is more hispanic than her but never has to deal with race questions becuase she's light skinned, blonde and has blue eyes.

They took it as her disrespecting whatever hispanic heritage Alba has.

...and people iin the comment section agreed. Fucking garbage.

Michael Jordan is the black Daniel Plainview

This killed me
KuGsj.gif

Puddles

Banned
When Fisher made that one jumper midway through the 3rd to cut the lead to 4 (or 6, I don't remember), I have to admit, I teared up a little. It brought back some great memories, and for one or two possessions, I was filled with hope.

Cheddahz

Banned
He could still end up being this generation's Drexler, which wouldn't be so bad, I guess. One title before the Durant onslaught begins, then another one when he's past his prime and a clear 2nd option. I could live with that.

I don't think he is a bad player, but he is just an asshole. The whole "The Decision" thing was one of the weakest moments in sports history

But yeah, I could see him winning another title, not that I would be happy with that

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Come on now. The guy has 3 MVPs. He'll ALWAYS be mentioned as one of the all-time greats, whether this is his only title for not. Drexler is not.

I've been depressed all day, but it's really starting to hit me too.

LeBron James is an NBA champion. Fuck.

That's just something I'm going to have to live with from here on out. I'm sure it'll get easier with time. At least, I hope it does.

Ha man I am glad we got you back Puddles.

KingKong

OKC is going to have a very easy time getting back to the Finals unlike Miami because the West is declining and the East is getting much stronger

Gigglepoo

Now Heat fans can understand what it's like to watch your team legitimtately dominate in the playoffs. That '06 title was tainted, but this is a legit beatdown. LeBron was like Neo at the end of The Matrix. Once he understood his power, it was all over.

Now trade Wade for someone who can contribute instead of riding the King's coat tails.

OKC is going to have a very easy time getting back to the Finals unlike Miami because the West is declining and the East is getting much stronger

What?

rose will miss months of the regular season, Dwight had back surgery and may be on a shittier team than the magic next season or out of the conference, Amare is in quick decline and getting a max deal, Joe Johnson exists Marvin wants out, Pacers are losing role players and maybe Hibbert, West is getting older, Celts are done and Sixers don't know who they are.

The West stars are old but all signs point to an even weaker East next year.

KingGondo

Banned
I hope Dwight and Deron are in Brooklyn next year.

Reason #1: Knicks-Age saltiness.
Reason #2: Probably the only team that has a chance to de-throne the Heat.

KingKong

What? Outside of the Pacers (who are nearly tapped out already), what team in the East could be considered up-and-coming?

the Sixers, Bulls, Knicks (possibly), the Nets if they make a real trade and only Boston in decline

compare that to the Spurs, Lakers, Mavs (Deron isnt going to save them, sorry) aging, the West is going to be OKC in a class by itself and then the Clippers, Grizz and Nuggets

who do you see challenging OKC next year in the playoffs? I can't think of any team in the West that would give them trouble

Gigglepoo

I hope Dwight and Deron are in Brooklyn next year.

Reason #1: Knicks-Age saltiness.
Reason #2: Probably the only team that has a chance to de-throne the Heat.

The Celtics would still have a much better shot than any team in NYC. The Heat only worked as a superteam because they have the best player in the world.

Puddles

Banned
Wade is fading. LeBron will turn 28 a month into next season. I don't suppose it's too much to hope, with his style of play, that he has one of those rapid declines where he's basically a shell of himself by 31, is it? That would give them about a four year window, although I'm probably being overly optimistic with that projection. Realistically, the Heat probably have a good 6-7 years, even as Wade turns into Kobe.

KingGondo

Banned
The Celtics would still have a much better shot than any team in NYC. The Heat only worked as a superteam because they have the best player in the world.
Still, a Deron-Dwight combo is pretty badass. They still need help, but a top-4 seed would be virtually guaranteed if they can get those guys together.

the Sixers, Bulls, Knicks (possibly), the Nets if they make a real trade and only Boston in decline

compare that to the Spurs, Lakers, Mavs (Deron isnt going to save them, sorry) aging, the West is going to be OKC in a class by itself and then the Clippers, Grizz and Nuggets

The Sixers? Hahahah. Iggy is aging and will net them less in a trade. Lou just opted out, Brand leaving will be the only positive. They're years away from contending.

Knicks are fucked financially and dream of finishing as the third best team in the east and making the second round.

Bulls will be without their best player for most of the year and no one wants Boozers contract.

Nets are fucked, no picks, their star wants out unless they can get Dwight, which they can't cause they don't have the pieces for a trade unless they give up Deron who wouldnt sign to go to ORL

Next season though? How? Rose, gone. Dwight, will he even be in the east? Pacers? Ahahahahahahha.. ahahahahahaahahahahahahahah, whoooooo. The Knicks should be better, but they always "should be better." So I'm not concerned with them. Finally, Boston will be worse.

ATL should be better with a healthy Hofford, but they're not really problematic.

Wade is fading. LeBron will turn 28 a month into next season. I don't suppose it's too much to hope, with his style of play, that he has one of those rapid declines where he's basically a shell of himself by 31, is it? That would give them about a four year window, although I'm probably being overly optimistic with that projection. Realistically, the Heat probably have a good 6-7 years, even as Wade turns into Kobe.

Cmon puddles dude. You just got banned man. We all know how you feel about Lebron or whatever. You don't have to keep up this shit.

KingKong

Rose and Dwight will be back before the playoffs at least

The Bulls will be a real threat and Sixers/Pacers/Knicks are at least a challenge

Compare that to the West, who is going to challenge OKC?

entremet

Can't see Lebron rapidly declining at 31. His conditioning and physical gifts are just insane.

effzee

The Sixers? Hahahah. Iggy is aging and will net them less in a trade. Lou just opted out, Brand leaving will be the only positive. They're years away from contending.

Yeah I would love for the Sixers to be contenders but they won't be. They will be stuck in that Hawks mode where they are good enough to make the playoffs but not to advance.

It will take them getting the right player at the right time in the draft (like Iverson in 96) to become great again.

Top Bottom