• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
Team USA should be:

Paul
Williams
Rose
Bestbrook
Kobe
Wade
Bron
Durant
Melo
Love
LMA
Chandler

There's kind of a logjam at PF, I could see Bosh or Blake making it over LMA. Don't think either of them is better than LMA, though.

Melo doesn't really deserve it either, but he's an excellent international-style player.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Team USA should be:

Paul
Williams
Rose
Bestbrook
Kobe
Wade
Bron
Durant
Melo
Love
LMA
Chandler

There's kind of a logjam at PF, I could see Bosh or Blake making it over LMA. Don't think either of them is better than LMA, though.

Melo doesn't really deserve it either, but he's an excellent international-style player.

When did Dwight retire?

Team USA should be:

Paul
Williams
Rose
Bestbrook
Kobe
Wade
Bron
Durant
Melo
Love
LMA
Chandler

So....... The Centers would be... Chandler? ... and......

I'm not really trolling though.

Kevin Durant is a better basketball player than LeBron James. There isn't a whole lot of difference between Russell Westbrook and Dwyane Wade. Wade might be slightly better, but it's a negligible gap.

Lebrons one of the best defenders in the league and is a better passer...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Team USA should be:

Paul
Williams
Rose
Bestbrook
Kobe
Wade
Bron
Durant
Melo
Love
LMA
Chandler

No, too many guys who would need the ball. Definitely not Melo. I'd rather see Rondo, Rose and CP3 as the PGs. There's no point in having Westbrook and Deron - they don't give anything that the others don't. I'd rather see Bynum the team than more PG. Blake is a near lock to be asked to the team, for better or worse.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
No, too many guys who would need the ball. Definitely not Melo. I'd rather see Rondo, Rose and CP3 as the PGs. There's no point in having Westbrook and Deron - they don't give anything that the others don't. I'd rather see Bynum the team than more PG. Blake is a near lock to be asked to the team, for better or worse.
Rondo is worthless in international ball.

Deron all day

KingGondo

Banned
Westbrook will make it. The Team USA coaches are in love with him, and he's excellent playing off the ball with good passers around him.

The most likely to get left out is LMA, IMO, but there will be tough decisions to make all over the roster. This is probably the most stacked Team USA since the Dream Team.

I agree about Melo and Blake, but either getting left off would be a PR nightmare. Same with Rose (although he's more deserving than either of those two guys).

commish

Rondo is worthless in international ball.

Deron all day

Defense and passing don't count in international ball? I honestly never give two shits about international ball but once every 4 years, so I don't know. I just don't see what Deron will give that Rose/CP3 won't, and the bigs on his list were lacking. Someone has to go...

DY_nasty

Defense and passing don't count in international ball? I honestly never give two shits about international ball but once every 4 years, so I don't know. I just don't see what Deron will give that Rose/CP3 won't, and the bigs on his list were lacking. Someone has to go...
On D, he's still a great addition. But because of the spacing and movement in international ball, his passing is a bit limited.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
RT @LILBTHEBASEDGOD: KEVIN DURANT HAS NERVE TO LIE TO "THE BASEDGODD" AND SAY HELL PLAY BASKETBALL WITH HIM AND THEN BE SCARED TO PLAY, LIAR

:lol

Emwitus

On D, he's still a great addition. But because of the spacing and movement in international ball, his passing is a bit limited.

What does this even mean? International ball is more team based than NBA ball (less iso's). Off the ball movement, Ball movement, cutting etc etc. His passing skills would actually be more valuable.

What does this even mean? International ball is more team based than NBA ball (less iso's). Off the ball movement, Ball movement, cutting etc etc. His passing skills would actually be more valuable.

The past few international games olympic or otherwise actually look more like dunk contests than "team games" for the US anyway.

DY_nasty

Not when he actively constricts the floor because of his inability to even look like a threat outside of 18 ft.

DY_nasty

Yep. Gonna be a cake walk until Spain. And they'll probably smack them too.
The US team can steamroll a team on any given night

On a bad day though, it'd be nice to have someone to not Booz it up when the team needs real help.

Seriously, that's why people cut. Isn't he second in assists or something?

Rondo isn't bad for the international game, he just isn't better in that style than CP3, Deron, Rose, or Kyrie even. Not saying he isn't a better player than Irving, just not better in the international style of play.

Emwitus

The past few international games olympic or otherwise actually look more like dunk contests than "team games" for the US anyway.

That's why we need rondo for some Lobusa showtime lol. But like someone said, until we run into spain or Lithuania or something.

EDIT: You might have a point with rondo not being any better than all the other players you mentioned. But i think he runs the floor better than any of the other except maybe Cp3

Emwitus

Its a lot easier to cut when teams don't come into a game knowing that they can consitently cheat off a point guard.

Oh and btw, rondo can penetrate too. He just doesn't stand their and pass the ball.

EDIT: Pretty much why he was effective against the Cavs, heat and Magic pre-taking my talents era. They used to give him space on defence and he would kill teams by penetrating and passing from the inside out or drop the ball to perkins/garnett

DY_nasty

Oh and btw, rondo can penetrate too. He just doesn't stand their and pass the ball.
Yeah... but again, just pointing out the bigger issues with Rondo overseas. Deron has proven he can thrive in international ball.

commish

Yeah... but again, just pointing out the bigger issues with Rondo overseas. Deron has proven he can thrive in international ball.

Deron has 0 nba titles. Not even an MVP, which they give out like candy to just anyone these days.

Emwitus

Agreed. Compared to deron he might be less valuable. But i still think he is more of an asset than a liability in international ball.

DY_nasty

I remember Rondo from the Team USA run from a couple years back... he's better than lolbrook, but I can only see him maximizing his potential as a situational guy.

Noah dodges suspension, good.

They need him as Rip and Derrick(expected to be out all week) are still not playing.

It will be a challenge against the Nuggets but with Noah, the Bulls are in ok shape.

I remember Rondo from the Team USA run from a couple years back... he's better than lolbrook, but I can only see him maximizing his potential as a situational guy.

Not a chance. Russell will tear apart any overseas defender. Majority will not be NBA caliber talent. Poor footwork to keep up with someone like Russ.

You take YNB to London. Easily.

commish

Not a chance. Russell will tear apart any overseas defender. Majority will not be NBA caliber talent. Poor footwork to keep up with someone like Russ.

You take YNB to London. Easily.

Isn't that part of the problem, though? You'll have 5 guys on the floor who think that "no one can stop me11!!", which doesn't make for a very good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom