• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Noah dodges suspension, good.

They need him as Rip and Derrick(expected to be out all week) are still not playing.

It will be a challenge against the Nuggets but with Noah, the Bulls are in ok shape.
They're bound to lose a few games this week. I wouldn't be surprised if they give up the #1 spot.

Isn't that part of the problem, though? You'll have 5 guys on the floor who think that "no one can stop me11!!", which doesn't make for a very good team.

We're not in '04 anymore. When they sent immature players and Tier C players.

'12 will be a cakewalk. '16 and '20 probably some weak teams depending on how the NBA's core will be performing and maturity at that time.

But the "nocstm!!" as you say doesnt really apply now. Team too grown for that.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Not a chance. Russell will tear apart any overseas defender. Majority will not be NBA caliber talent. Poor footwork to keep up with someone like Russ.

You take YNB to London. Easily.
Did you see him last time around?

KingGondo

Banned
Russell puts up lots of shots for OKC because that's what the team needs from him.

He is an incredible athlete who brings energy off the bench and absolutely nobody on any international team can check him. Anyone who watched him in the FIBA tournament or in all-star games knows that he's capable of changing his approach to the game.

But he's going to chuck a ton. Euro ball has a lot of jumpshooting (no def 3 sec right?)

He wont. Skewed image in your head of YNB game. He goes off because he is OKCs second best player. So, he gonna miss some wtf shots. Its also unrealistic for KD to be shooting 50 times a game. We kinda have to level our angst towards Russell and his Iso-PG play. He is 6'5, he can naturally do more than pgs who are 6'0-6'1.

Russell puts up lots of shots for OKC because that's what the team needs from him.

He is an incredible athlete who brings energy off the bench and absolutely nobody on any international team can check him. Anyone who watched him in the FIBA tournament or in all-star games knows that he's capable of changing his approach to the game.

Kinda obvious, but Skip Bayless and company are painting a different picture to casual fans.

DY_nasty

Change up what? The rules on the perimeter had him looking lost throughout the last run. He looked terrible. I honestly liked him as a young point guard until that tourney where his IQ was finally shown off.

Canuck76

Banned
YNB certainly earned that title during the divisional and WCF during last years playoffs. He's looking deadly this season and defers to Durant at the right times.

I never believed that the Russel/Durant schism rumors or whatever. They've always seemed totally cool with each other but it seems like Westbrook now knows Durant is the number 1 option. I haven't seen any negative game changing YNB decisions

KingGondo

Banned
Change up what? The rules on the perimeter had him looking lost throughout the last run. He looked terrible. I honestly liked him as a young point guard until that tourney where his IQ was finally shown off.
I'm not saying he should be the primary ball-handler or facilitate other players. Let him play off the ball and provide a spark when needed. That's all.

Believe it or not, he's progressed a lot since the FIBA Tournament. 2 years is an eternity for a player who works like he does.

YNB certainly earned that title during the divisional and WCF during last years playoffs. He's looking deadly this season and defers to Durant at the right times.

I never believed that the Russel/Durant schism rumors or whatever. They've always seemed totally cool with each other but it seems like Westbrook now knows Durant is the number 1 option. I haven't seen any negative game changing YNB decisions

Nope, YNB is still YNB

DY_nasty

I'm not saying he should be the primary ball-handler or facilitate other players. Let him play off the ball and provide a spark when needed. That's all.

Believe it or not, he's progressed a lot since the FIBA Tournament. 2 years is an eternity for a player who works like he does.
Westbrook would be a great shooting guard.

But he's probably one of the top 5 dumbest PGs in the league.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Kinda obvious, but Skip Bayless and company are painting a different picture to casual fans.

Who cares what Skip Bayless says? Dude is has been a troll his entire career and anyone who actually takes him seriously probably lacks the intelligence to properly tie their shoes let alone analyze basketball.

Skip Bayless is the NBA version of Rick Santorum. Pander to the scummiest/dumbest people to stay popular.

Do people honestly not remember them playing melo at the four a ton last tourney? He played great, even on defense/rebounding.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I was looking up Bulls news and KC Johnson tweeted that look out for Fred Hoiberg as a candidate for the Blazers head coaching job.

Take that for what it is.

Jason Quick threw that name out there the other day. It was just an idea, and nothing that he heard from sources. That's how rumors get spread, lol.

Jason Quick threw that name out there the other day. It was just an idea, and nothing that he heard from sources. That's how rumors get spread, lol.

Oh, I don't know, hahaha.

Just saw it today following an article in the Chicago Tribune all about Fred Hoiberg(I didn't read it).

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Who cares what Skip Bayless says? Dude is has been a troll his entire career and anyone who actually takes him seriously probably lacks the intelligence to properly tie their shoes let alone analyze basketball.

Skip Bayless is the NBA version of Rick Santorum. Pander to the scummiest/dumbest people to stay popular.

Do people honestly not remember them playing melo at the four a ton last tourney? He played great, even on defense/rebounding.
What? That doesn't sound like Skip. I watch the guy practically everyday and he has a bunch of unpopular opinions that would show that he isn't pandering for success. His hate on LeBron, for instance, has been consistent for years, even when he was considered "likable". Hell, most of his NBA opinions are consistent with what people in here say.

What? That doesn't sound like Skip. I watch the guy practically everyday and he has a bunch of unpopular opinions that would show that he isn't pandering for success. His hate on LeBron, for instance, has been consistent for years, even when he was considered "likable". Hell, most of his NBA opinions are consistent with what people in here say.

As SAS, Skip hedges his bets very very well. He can be annoying.

reilo

In light of news about Amare's MRI, I decided to look at the Knicks' schedule.

Knicks upcoming 3 games: MIL, ORL, ATL

Knicks in April: @IND, @ORL, CHI, @CHI, @MIL, MIA, BOS, ATL, LAC

Bucks upcoming 3 games: @NYK, ATL, MEM

Bucks in April: OKC, NYK, IND, PHI, BOS

Good luck!

LuchaShaq

Banned

... Please let me know if you are actually serious or not because if you are I'd like to toss you on the ignore list. Anyone who thinks Skip is anything but a troll has mental issues of some sort and I'd rather not read what comes from these issues.

reilo

... Please let me know if you are actually serious or not because if you are I'd like to toss you on the ignore list. Anyone who thinks Skip is anything but a troll has mental issues of some sort and I'd rather not read what comes from these issues.

He's been right about Lebron all this time. Even when it wasn't popular to hate on him.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Please, feel free to ignore me. I watch the guy everyday. Maybe he is a troll, but his criticisms of LeBron disappearing in the 4th are legitimate, and his criticisms of the Bulls relying on a scoring point guard are legitimate too. Please, though, I'd be happy if you ignored me.

He's been right about Lebron all this time. Even when it wasn't popular to hate on him.
Be careful there Reilo, or he may IGNORE you! Oh no!!!

Skip just takes the contrarian opinion about everything. He's like a permanent devil's advocate. Eventually he's going to be right about one thing or another but he's wrong about everything else.

The Nets get outscored by 26 points per 100 possessions when Kris Humphries is on the bench. I am fairly certainly that would lead to an expected win total of zero and yet the Nets have 14 wins. MVP, baby.

Wow. I was skeptical when I opened the video, but it looks like nothing has changed since last year. That is systematically bad play.

Also, harden's a man, but I think we knew that already.

OKC has some underrated players. Thabo is an excellent defender that goes under the radar a lot of times. It's not just Durant and Westbrook, people!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom