• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddles

Banned
I'm not really trolling though.

Kevin Durant is a better basketball player than LeBron James. There isn't a whole lot of difference between Russell Westbrook and Dwyane Wade. Wade might be slightly better, but it's a negligible gap.

h3ro

jhSnnJ828XOBn.jpg

Fantastic.

We looked Knicks bad, breh, KNICKS BAD!!!!!!

It's knicks-bad™. Get it right.

I'm not really trolling though.

Kevin Durant is a better basketball player than LeBron James. There isn't a whole lot of difference between Russell Westbrook and Dwyane Wade. Wade might be slightly better, but it's a negligible gap.

He's a better shooter and more of a pure scorer than LeBron.

Name me another thing he does better.

And Westbrook is basically Wade in his younger years...minus the bball IQ (And that alone makes him another tier below Wade---he can't make anyone around him better)

LuchaShaq

Banned
Hollinger is a Gaffer confirmed.

John Hollinger ‏ @johnhollinger
Just finished Heat-Thunder. If Miami lets Durant catch the ball that easily they'll lose Finals in four. Once he has it you're already dead.

Triple U

Banned
He's a better shooter and more of a pure scorer than LeBron.

Name me another thing he does better.

And Westbrook is basically Wade in his younger years...minus the bball IQ (And that alone makes him another tier below Wade---he can't make anyone around him better)

I'd argue that KD's crossover is alot better too, he creates so much space and can pull up off it. You really can't guard the guy.

Either way OKC/Heat is so close that I couldn't call a favorite. Heat will probably blow them out next game and the doom and gloom will shift back to OKC.

KingGondo

Banned
You guys have the best atmosphere in the NBA, by far.

And classy fans too.

I would love to eventually get season tickets, but I want to wait until I can afford lower-level seats. It's fun as hell though.

I missed the seeding discussion last night, but the best-case scenario for OKC IMO:

1. OKC
2. San Antonio
3. Memphis
4. Clips/Lakers

Even if the Spurs manage to beat the Grizz, it will be a tough series and San Antonio scares me more than Miami or Chicago. Grizz are tough too, but we've beaten them in the playoffs before. I don't want any part of a well-rested Spurs team.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Hate to post two of his tweets close together but interesting anyways.

Hollinger -

As @WindhorstESPN noted, in four games since his non-concussion, LeBron avearages 17 points, 4 TOs, shoots 40%, hasn't made a 3.

If he is having post concussion symptoms the heat should fucking sit him because all it takes is another bad fall and he might be fucked for awhile.

Hate to post two of his tweets close together but interesting anyways.

Hollinger -

As @WindhorstESPN noted, in four games since his non-concussion, LeBron avearages 17 points, 4 TOs, shoots 40%, hasn't made a 3.

If he is having post concussion symptoms the heat should fucking sit him because all it takes is another bad fall and he might be fucked for awhile.

I actually haven't watched any of the games since that injury (Except for like the last minutes of Suns) so I don't know how he's looked in person

But seriously, if his elbow is an issue and whatever the hell else this all is, we need to sit his ass down instead of running him into the ground

LuchaShaq

Banned
I actually haven't watched any of the games since that injury (Except for like the last minutes of Suns) so I don't know how he's looked in person

But seriously, if his elbow is an issue and whatever the hell else this all is, we need to sit his ass down instead of running him into the ground

After the reaction to the elbow injury in the boston series I don't see him admitting an injury to the media unless the game tape clearly shows it happening like a bad fall or twisting his ankle really badly etc.

As a Flaker fan, he can't really distinguish between bandwagoners and real fans, so cut him a little slack, would you?

Speakin of real fans, i've been meanin to tell you Dr.Blade that atm you can cancel my lob city membership. Aftersll Lakers have the better record. If things change though I'll let ya know.

Lakers fo life!!!
Depending on success of course

LuchaShaq

Banned
Ever heard of defense brah?

He's not that bad on D, and the only other Pf's even within miles of him on Offense/rebounding aren't exactly defensive forces either. It's not like any of the group of Z-bo (when healthy)/Aldridge/gasol/boozer/griffin/Amare/Lee/Dirk is any better than Love on D. I'd say Bosh is a better defender by a small margin due to his PnR D but he doesn't stack up in other areas. Josh Smith/Kevin Garnett (even at his age) are significantly better defenders but don't stack up in other areas.

So best PF now? For sure.

Best PF since prime Duncan? LOL no. Dirk's/Kg's best stretches were still significantly better, Amare/Pau had close to similar success as well.

Fans/media refusing to call Duncan a Center or just big man or Pf/C combo will always drive me crazy. For the vast majority of his career he was the heaviest and tallest player on the court. He also defended the other team's best post man, and played on the block. If that's not a center than I guess Shaq could have been a pg if Phil Jackson wanted to troll and say Fisher was the center.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
He's not that bad on D, and the only other Pf's even within miles of him on Offense/rebounding aren't exactly defensive forces either. It's not like any of the group of Aldridge/gasol/boozer/griffin/Amare/Lee/Dirk is any better than Love on D. I'd say Bosh is a better defender by a small margin due to his PnR D but he doesn't stack up in other areas. Josh Smith/Kevin Garnett (even at his age) are significantly better defenders but don't stack up in other areas.

Best PF since prime Duncan? LOL no. Dirk's/Kg's best stretches were still significantly better, Amare/Pau had close to similar success as well.

Fans/media refusing to call Duncan a Center or just big man or Pf/C combo will always drive me crazy. For the vast majority of his career he was the heaviest and tallest player on the court. He also defended the other team's best post man, and played on the block. If that's not a center than I guess Shaq could have been a pg if Phil Jackson wanted to troll and say Fisher was the center.

You are smoking crack if you don't think Aldridge and Gasol aren't leagues better than Kevin Love defensively. Like some of that Tyrone Biggums crack.

You are smoking crack if you don't think Aldridge and Gasol aren't leagues better than Kevin Love defensively. Like some of that Tyrone Biggums crack.

Which gasol? Paul can be if he is properly motivated but he tends to float a lot in games, and I mean a lot.

Canuck76

Banned
Next time watch how Aldridge and Gasol switch on to ball handlers on the pick and roll and hold their own on perimeter players. Or watch x post player style on Love in the post.

Dude is the best pf in the league right now no question (i think Aldridge could fight for that spot but he's been rubbish recently)

LuchaShaq

Banned

Aldridge's D really helped when Love averaged 35.5 - 12.5 on him (with good fg%)

Pau's D really helped when Love Averaged 30 - 14 on him (with good fg%).

I think both are marginally better at help D than love, but not nearly enough to make up for his rebounding/scoring advantages over them.

To be fair a big reason why Aldridge's D might not seem even above average this season is because the portland backcourt doesn't even try on PnR so unless he was Bill Russel 2.0 it wouldn't show.

Also last time I checked grabbing defensive rebounds was very important for a defense.

reilo

Which gasol? Paul can be if he is properly motivated but he tends to float a lot in games, and I mean a lot.

Either one. Marc especially.

Aldridge's D really helped when Love averaged 35.5 - 12.5 on him (with good fg%)

Pau's D really helped when Love Averaged 30 - 14 on him (with good fg%).

I think both are marginally better at help D than love, but not nearly enough to make up for his rebounding/scoring advantages over them.

Also last time I checked grabbing defensive rebounds was very important for a defense.

Are you a Deron Williams fan by any chance?

If defensive rebounds is a measure of defense, then Zach Randolph is a world-class defender.

WOHOO!! NBA-GAF IS BACK! Wait... Community? :(

Don't mess with me like that brah, Knicks bad?

I'm assuming we're talking about Lakers? Kobe and Pau looked terribad. Pau gets a free pass since he's been playing well until he hit this wall. I have no idea wtf is wrong with Kobe during this past week or so though.

reilo

RT @StevePopper: No Amar'e for morning shoot. team didn't want him to drive from the city. Which sounds like his back is not so good.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Either one. Marc especially.

Are you a Deron Williams fan by any chance?

If defensive rebounds is a measure of defense, then Zach Randolph is a world-class defender.

Not a Deron Williams fan or hater really. He's just a good player /shrug. Seems like an alright guy besides the Jerry Sloan issue.

Zach isn't a good defender, but he would be worse on defense if he wasn't a good rebounder.

100 shots, team shoots 50% with 10 shots blocked but 16 offensive rebounds leading to
106 points. (aka why OKC's defense has been worse this season despite Perk/Ibaka's shot blocking. Other reason being Thabo's long injury)

100 shots, team shoots 50% with no blocks or offensive rebounds leading to 100 points. Which team had the better defensive game?

I'm going to count defensive rebounds as a gigantic part of defense until you are no longer allowed to score on offensive rebounds.

He's not that bad on D, and the only other Pf's even within miles of him on Offense/rebounding aren't exactly defensive forces either. It's not like any of the group of Z-bo (when healthy)/Aldridge/gasol/boozer/griffin/Amare/Lee/Dirk is any better than Love on D. I'd say Bosh is a better defender by a small margin due to his PnR D but he doesn't stack up in other areas. Josh Smith/Kevin Garnett (even at his age) are significantly better defenders but don't stack up in other areas.

Right. I'm not comparing him to current PF's defensively, I'm only talking Duncan/KG in their respective primes.

Doesnt matter. Kevin is better than LMA.

KL avg ten defensive boards to LMA total of 8. Kevin has long ball and decent defense. Leads the league in FTs made. By the numbers, a better player.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I like love.

But he's a Griffin-esque defender. Portland can't even function without LMA on the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom