• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

In light of news about Amare's MRI, I decided to look at the Knicks' schedule.

Knicks upcoming 3 games: MIL, ORL, ATL

Knicks in April: @IND, @ORL, CHI, @CHI, @MIL, MIA, BOS, ATL, LAC

Bucks upcoming 3 games: @NYK, ATL, MEM

Bucks in April: OKC, NYK, IND, PHI, BOS

Good luck!

We shall overcome!

Doomsayer

So I didn't get to watch the Laker/Grizz game last night because I was watching the Hunger Games with my girl (ugh) but from what I'm reading is Kobe got benched?

Anyone want to fill me in?

So I didn't get to watch the Laker/Grizz game last night because I was watching the Hunger Games with my girl (ugh) but from what I'm reading is Kobe got benched?

Anyone want to fill me in?

From what I saw, he punched or elbowed a bench seat out of frustration from the refs, the way things we were going, etc... and Mike Brown didn't feel he was in the right frame of mind to go back out there so he put someone else in instead.

Really a non-issue.

Doomsayer

From what I saw, he punched or elbowed a bench seat out of frustration from the refs, the way things we were going, etc... and Mike Brown didn't feel he was in the right frame of mind to go back out there so he put someone else in instead.

Really a non-issue.

Ah, right on.

I expected something much more than something like that. Fucking homer friends.

Puddles

Banned
Lebrons one of the best defenders in the league and is a better passer...

LeBron looks like one of the best defenders in the league when they shift him onto a 6'3'' guard, or when the refs let him mug and molest bigger forwards in the paint, but elite forwards can still score on him. He isn't in the Shane Battier/Tony Allen defensive wing class, and frankly it's ridiculous that he's in the discussion for DPOY.

In a 7 game series, the difference in defensive ability between LeBron and Durant will be a non-factor.

Better passer? Not appreciably better. He gets more assists because that's the way the Miami offense is set up. KD doesn't get a lot of assists because Harden and Westbrook are the primary ball-handlers.

KD is a better shooter from everywhere on the floor outside of the paint, and he's better at the line. He doesn't wilt in the clutch either.

Kevin Durant is the superior basketball player, full stop.

The Thunder are 13th in defense and the Heat are 4th and the defensive supporting casts of KD and LeBron aren't much different. Durant has been on one good defensive team in his entire career, LeBron has been the main part of elite defensive teams over the last four years.

LeBron looks like one of the best defenders in the league when they shift him onto a 6'3'' guard, or when the refs let him mug and molest bigger forwards in the paint, but elite forwards can still score on him. He isn't in the Shane Battier/Tony Allen defensive wing class, and frankly it's ridiculous that he's in the discussion for DPOY.

In a 7 game series, the difference in defensive ability between LeBron and Durant will be a non-factor.

Better passer? Not appreciably better. He gets more assists because that's the way the Miami offense is set up. KD doesn't get a lot of assists because Harden and Westbrook are the primary ball-handlers.

KD is a better shooter from everywhere on the floor outside of the paint, and he's better at the line. He doesn't wilt in the clutch either.

looked pretty bad versus the Rockets last week -__-

It's true. James Harden is the most underrated player in the NBA.

He's unanimously considered to be The Sixth Man of the year. He's the third leading scorer on that team. When people talking about OKC, they always mention Durant, Westbrook, and Harden. Harden would be starting for any other team.

KingGondo

Banned
Durant doesn't wilt in the clutch? Lol
Daily Thunder said:
Kevin Durant leads the league with 126 points in the clutch this season, 17 more than the next closest player to him.
Daily Thunder said:
Last 10 seconds of a one possession game, Durant leads the league with 21 points, on 50 percent shooting.
FYI: The "clutch" is defined as the last 5 minutes of a game that is within 5 points either way.

KingGondo

Banned
Hasn't Durant only made one game winner in his 5 year career including playoffs?
I know he's had at least 2--last year against the Knicks, and this year against the Mavs. Both were at home.

He also hit a ridiculously clutch 3 on the road last year in Philly to force OT.

Can't remember beyond that.

Turiaf in Miami
LO in Dallas
Fish in OKC
Booz Brewer and Korver left their souls in Staples from their time with Utah
Parker, Ginobilli and Duncan are Kobe's sons.

The fix is in.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Dirk. I'm hoping he gets it back this year in the playoffs.
Well, here's a cool pic until then, courtesy of The BDF.

boozer-venom.jpg

little something from RealGM.

How quickly people forget..

That was a defining game in Durant's career cause he 'stuffed the statsheet' which showed he played an all around game. LeBron has been having these 28/8/8 games on a regular basis (literally- thats around his career average if you take out his rookie season) his whole career and now Durant has ONE and he's a better player? Not to mention LeBron's also a fiend on the defensive end.

People forget that when LeBron was Durant's age (or even younger as LeBron is 22 in the following sample) he'd be having these amazing standout all around games where he stuffs the stat sheet too. Except LeBron would destroy what Durant did and go off for something like 32 15 13 (Nov 2007), 39 13 14 (a week after that), 37 12 12 (a week later), 31 19 8 (a month later), 26 13 11 (a month later). Then a month later, from February 19 2008 to Feb 24th, the Cavs played 4 games in that window of 6 nights. In those 4 consecutive games, LeBron had 26 13 11 (Feb 19), 31 14 12 (Feb 20), 33 15 8 (Feb 22), 25 7 11 (Feb 24). All the above games took place in a 3 month window.

He's much better without the ball and at drawing defensive attention without the ball.

Word.

His off ball movement is something Bron has never learned for some reason. If LeBron could run through a screen or two, roll off his defender and towards the lane he could probably draw a double team away from the ball. AWAY FROM THE BALL DOUBLE TEAM.

Word.

His off ball movement is something Bron has never learned for some reason. If LeBron could run through a screen or two, roll off his defender and towards the lane he could probably draw a double team away from the ball. AWAY FROM THE BALL DOUBLE TEAM.

Not true. LeBron isnt a curl shooter so it isnt magnified as much. But his movement is fine.

55 percent and 40 percent from 3 means he is moving within this offense, the best he has ever done.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
LBJ's off-ball movement is really poor. He's never had to learn it though.
Only real way to know is by looking at a hot spot chart. Kevin's is definitely nicer looking. More productive? I dunno when they avg the same amount of points.

LBJ has wisely abandoned the 3 for the most part. They're both efficient - but in different ways. They have almost completely opposite offensive playstyles so you can't simply line their numbers up next to the other and say who's better and better at what. Durant does certain things that effect the game outside of the stat sheet (such as what IWMTB was talking about) and LBJ does his whole fuckyoui'mtheking drive to lane whenever he wants (which creates direct opportunities).

Not true. LeBron isnt a curl shooter so it isnt magnified as much. But his movement is fine.

55 percent and 40 percent from 3 means he is moving within this offense, the best he has ever done.

His offball movement is mediocre at best. Even if he isn't a curl shooter, off ball movement can lead to drive and dishes, slashes and many other things for the ball handler and teammates. The last thing LeBron should be is a spot up shooter. He should run off of screens barrel towards the basket and use his passing ability to hit Wade and Bosh.

If Bron would routinely curl, lose his defender off of screens and slash it would result in lots of opportunities for him and his teammates. You can blame his coaches for that, but its still something that he could take advantage of but doesn't.

For a team with CP3 and two athletic bigs, it sure is surprising that Faux City plays at the 2nd slowest pace in the league.

FIRE VDN FIRE VDN FIRE VDN

For a team with CP3 and two athletic bigs, it sure is surprising that Faux City plays at the 2nd slowest pace in the league.

FIRE VDN FIRE VDN FIRE VDN

Clippers are right where they need to be with the talent they have.

Their best player is 6'0 and their second best is in his 2nd season.

Chris has no shooters for himself to be pushing pace. Unless, Blake magically learned to hit free throws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom