• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duki

Banned
not the first time he's done it or been giffed

west_medium.gif

Puddles

Banned
I am just extremely depressed right now as I'm coming to the realization that Kobe is done.

He looked so rejuvenated at the beginning of the season too. This is totally a Gary Payton 04-esque season for him: start out resembling the player you were, fade to insignificance by the end.

I am just extremely depressed right now as I'm coming to the realization that Kobe is done.

He looked so rejuvenated at the beginning of the season too. This is totally a Gary Payton 04-esque season for him: start out resembling the player you were, fade to insignificance by the end.

He's not done.
Dude is logging tons of minutes and 3rd in the league in minutes.
After playing 16 seasons you would think dumbfuck brown would at least take him out for a rest with a substantial lead.
But nope. He's going to run Kobe to the ground by the first round.

And not to mention dumbfuck brown doesn't bring Kobe to the pinch post which forces Kobe to ISo 90% of the time from the 3pt line.

Really hope Jim and Mitch sees this shit

He's not done.
Dude is logging tons of minutes and 3rd in the league in minutes.
After playing 16 seasons you would think dumbfuck brown would at least take him out for a rest with a substantial lead.
But nope. He's going to run Kobe to the ground by the first round.

And not to mention dumbfuck brown doesn't bring Kobe to the pinch post which forces Kobe to ISo 90% of the time from the 3pt line.

Really hope Jim and Mitch sees this shit

In fairness, Phil ran Pau into the ground last season and we saw what happened. coaches are dumb, even the very best.

Except Pop.

He's not done.

He should just try to cut down his scoring to the point that he's efficient again. Better shots. Less selfish plays.

Also he shouldn't be playing that many minutes. Its going to kill his longevity.

Terminus909

Neo Member

If Kobe looked young and spry in the early season and again for that short while after donning the mask, he can do it again once playoffs roll around. The intelligence of his play making decisions of late is disheartening, but as an older player he needs to be testing the limits of his game while they still have some wiggle room. The Lakers are consistently built well enough to compete, and win it all. It's too early to engage panic mode.

Barrage

Don't Lakers fans see Brown has no choice? the Lakers aren't talented enough to thrive without Kobe on the court. Take Mamba out for any length of time, the Lakers would be fighting for 8th.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If Kobe looked young and spry in the early season and again for that short while after donning the mask, he can do it again once playoffs roll around. The intelligence of his play making decisions of late is disheartening, but as an older player he needs to be testing the limits of his game while they still have some wiggle room. The Lakers are consistently built well enough to compete, and win it all. It's too early to engage panic mode.

?

They started the season in panic mode.

aznpxdd

Don't Lakers fans see Brown has no choice? the Lakers aren't talented enough to thrive without Kobe on the court. Take Mamba out for any length of time, the Lakers would be fighting for 8th.

Brown just needs to send Sessions back to the bench (but obviously still plays the most minutes at PG). Sessions is being wasted out there majority of the time with Kobe since Kobe loves to handle the ball. Then once the 2nd unit comes on, we don't have anyone that can help create shots. Bleh.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Blake just needs to not be there at all. Goudelock should be getting these minutes. Blake is worse than Fisher at this point.

In fairness, Phil ran Pau into the ground last season and we saw what happened. coaches are dumb, even the very best.

Except Pop.

He ran Pau to the ground because what other option did he have at center?
Drew was coming off a surgery and didn't play til mid December of 2010.
And Phil made it very known he didn't want push drew with minutes because of his fragile knees. Drew only played a high volume of minutes until the tail end of the season and by then Pau was running on fumes. Everyone saw that.

With this season, at least dumbfuck brown has options in glock and ebanks to substitute for Kobe.

Dumbfuck gonna dumbfuck

Emwitus

And Phil made it very known he didn't want push drew with minutes because of his fragile knees. Drew only played a high volume of minutes until the tail end of the season and by then Pau was running on fumes. Everyone saw that.

With this season, at least dumbfuck brown has options in glock and ebanks to substitute for Kobe.

Dumbfuck gonna dumbfuck

Having glock not playing alone should get him fired.

LuchaShaq

Banned
He's not done.

He should just try to cut down his scoring to the point that he's efficient again. Better shots. Less selfish plays.

Also he shouldn't be playing that many minutes. Its going to kill his longevity.

Won't happen.

The same mentality that drove Kobe to work as hard as anyone in the league is the same mentality that has both cost and won him titles. He would rather average 28 gunning for Kareem than run the offense through Pau/Bynum and be more efficient so he can shoot 48%ish win a title and only average 20ish.

Prior to acquiring sessions, lakers iirc were almost dead last in bench scoring.
With sessions coming off the bench, he pumped an extra 10pts per game which would make the lakers a top 5 scoring bench.

And with sessions starting, the bench reverts back to a shit state.

Bench sessions you dumbfuck coach

Dumbfuck gonna dumbfuck

I distinctly remember Pau playing in the 4th quarter numerous games with a 20 point lead.

Just saying, all coaches seem to be dumb in this respect. Brown has been super terrible the past month, though. I don't even want him as my avatar anymore. It's over, between us. Make me a FREE GLOCK av, dude!

I distinctly remember Pau playing in the 4th quarter numerous games with a 20 point lead.

Just saying, all coaches seem to be dumb in this respect. Brown has been super terrible the past month, though. I don't even want him as my avatar anymore. It's over, between us. Make me a FREE GLOCK av, dude!
You know in your heart that you want to root for the Clips, Sancha..

I remember earlier in the season that ebanks was doing well within the confines of the offense.
There was no reason mike should've taken him out of rotation.

I'm thinking of getting ebanks avi as well.
I'll do yours in the morning

I am starting a kickstarter project to get nba-gaf a permanent sticky on the top of this board. I require about 100k to do so. DY shall I put you down for a 1k donation?

I assure you none of this money will be wasted on things such as 300 dollar jeans and pissy steaks.

Aw shit girl gaf is in our ghetto. BEHAVE pervy segment of nba-gaf, goddamnit...

giri

I am starting a kickstarter project to get nba-gaf a permanent sticky on the top of this board. I require about 100k to do so. DY shall I put you down for a 1k donation?

I assure you none of this money will be wasted on things such as 300 dollar jeans and pissy steaks.

Aw shit girl gaf is in our ghetto. BEHAVE pervy segment of nba-gaf, goddamnit...

wtf is wrong with $300 jeans and good steaks?

wtf is this the ghetto?

nah man, i like my steak well done and grissly as SHIT.

Vahagn

Mamba stop blaming Kobe for sessions passiveness. If the thunder don't show that arguments futility I don't know what will. Just cuz Durant is there doesn't mean Westbrook doesn't look to be aggressive off picks. Sessions just doesn't drive when a picks set, he's not playing his game. There are plays where Kobe calls his own number but you're acting like sessions doesn't run like 25-30 PnR each game. even on plays Kobe gets the ball it usually starts with a sessions PnR that leads to nothing.

Sessions needs to come in with the reserves and Glock needs to play. We need a low post oriented offense when the big 3 are in and a PnR oriented offense when Sessions is in.

Bynum has regressed too since teams started doubling him hard and no one else is picking up the slack.

There's a reason we all were disappointed when Brown got hired...we new he didn't know how to run an offense or adjust on the fly / develop good rotations.

That plus Kobe's playing the worst 2 month stretch he's played since he's been a starter

Surprisingly, the offense is still actually okay. Tonight, it was 108 per 100, which would be around tops in the league if they did that every night. Had Kobe played better/smarter, they would have destroyed on O.

Sessions is not Westbrook, dude.

The defense is lacking. Part of that, tonight, was Pau being replaced by Murphy for half the 3rd. ugh. But OKC is a really bad matchup for Lakers, too.

Their D looked sharp in the 1st half, too. But the 2nd half had a ton of transition points.

OKC had like 26 points on fast breaks, but only had 4 steals. They were getting run outs on missed shots. And a lot of that was due to Kobe and Ron's massive bricks. To beat OKC, their offense has to be smarter to prevent those run outs.

(and before Cloudy mentions bynum-pau being the problem, those happened mostly with 1 of those 2 on the bench)

aznpxdd

Bynum's problem is once he gets the ball, he's only looking to score and nothing else. Its especially bad now since he's getting doubled often, and makes terrible decisions when he gets doubled. And yeah, the problem is being compounded since Kobe has been in KoME mode lately, so he's not really being that great of a playmaker either. Le sigh.

Vahagn

Surprisingly, the offense is still actually okay. Tonight, it was 108 per 100, which would be around tops in the league if they did that every night. Had Kobe played better/smarter, they would have destroyed on O.

Sessions is not Westbrook, dude.

The defense is lacking. Part of that, tonight, was Pau being replaced by Murphy for half the 3rd. ugh. But OKC is a really bad matchup for Lakers, too.

Their D looked sharp in the 1st half, too. But the 2nd half had a ton of transition points.

OKC had like 26 points on fast breaks, but only had 4 steals. They were getting run outs on missed shots. And a lot of that was due to Kobe and Ron's massive bricks. To beat OKC, their offense has to be smarter to prevent those run outs.

(and before Cloudy mentions bynum-pau being the problem, those happened mostly with 1 of those 2 on the bench)

While I agree with much of what you said...the offense looked bad today - it just did. And sessions isn't Westbrook but that's not the point...he's more than capable of being aggressive off PnR's but all he did all night and ever since the Dallas game was make a basic pass instead of looking to make a play.

We've got a guy who can out pressure on defenses and get in the paint and he's doing neither of those things. He's basically playing like Steve blake right now.

Pau and Sessions especially need to be more aggressive when they have the ball and look to make a play because Bynum is being doubled and Kobe is struggling.

I refuse to blame Pau's and Session's lack of aggression on Kobe...it's a cop out. Sessions / Pau should get us a good shot every time they run a pick and roll...but they run it like they're going through the motions.

This is all an exercise in futility since we ain't winning shit but it's fun to armchair coach this team...Durant has been curling off screens for open jumpers his whole career and we can't find a way to get Kobe an open 15 footer with 2 7 footers and Ron able to set screens and Sessions make the pass? It's absurd

Duki

Banned
thats not bynums problem and he does it on purpose

hes literally been quoted as saying that he shoots when he touches the ball because he knows that if he doesnt, hes not shooting at all

his problem is he has to play with kobe

Cloudy

Banned

Kobe's not "done". He's just in a terrible slump. Guys are done when they can't get their shot off against good D anymore. He's just missing but has no problem getting his looks.

He needs to cut back on the 3s though

aznpxdd

Haha, who's down to get high off some Linsanity OG??

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...weed-trademark_n_1371017.html?ref=mostpopular

Jeremy Lin's legal team has sent a flurry of cease-and-desist letters to medical marijuana dispensaries offering "Linsanity" brand pot, and a few shops have already complied, a lawyer for the New York Knicks star told The Huffington Post on Wednesday.

"Their enthusiasm for Jeremy Lin got ahead of their understanding of the law," said Pamela Deese of the Washington, D.C., firm Arent Fox.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
"It's always special to come back to true fans and your foundation," Garnett said, "but as far as that franchise, I have nothing positive to say. So I'll just let it be that. I think Kevin Love's playing at a high level, I think he's rejuvenated the city as far as basketball goes. Other than that, nothing else."

So it's like that.

Kobe's fine. A few down weeks and he's "done" and "washed up". Give it a rest. OKC will get rolled in a series if they meet up. Stop being reactionary noobs.

SamuraiX-

Kobe's fine. A few down weeks and he's "done" and "washed up". Give it a rest. OKC will get rolled in a series if they meet up. Stop being reactionary noobs.

Are Durant and Little Foot at least allowed to sit at his lunch table now?

Pretty please? :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom