• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds exactly like something IWMTB would say. lol

But seriously, Waiters's agent is fucking genius. What's the point of working out for any teams if you moved up like 15 draft spots on everyone's board in the past month by doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaCtr4CJJxA&feature=player_embedded#!

Jesus Christ Dion Waiters' agent is AMAZING.

To end this lovefest, here's a wordy but better in-depth report on Waiters as of March 2012
Wes Johnson was supposed to be a good defender, too.
And a good shooter.
Kahn taint, but I will say that I never believed he'd be a good shooter.

I could see the Bobcats trading the number two pick for Harden, signing Harden to a massive contract, Harden becoming the next Joe Johnson. OKC drafting Beal and Beal ending up being better than Unibrow. Bobcats fans know it's coming.

If we didn't just trade for Gordon I would see this as a possibility, it's not happening now. Our two best players play the 2.

If we didn't just trade for Gordon I would see this as a possibility, it's not happening now. Our two best players play the 2.

I'm pretty positive they would still bring Harden in off the bench just like OKC does. Either that, or Gordon would come in off the bench and the coaching staff would give him the green light to chuck.

Bowser

Adding Harden to the roster would push us out of the running for the top pick next year, Cho wouldn't do it.

I disagree. We'd have Harden be our leading scorer, but he and Gordon would be the only legit offensive threats and they wouldn't be on the floor at the same time. We'd still be terrible, just maybe score more points.

Adding Harden to the roster would push us out of the running for the top pick next year, Cho wouldn't do it.

You're crazy. Harden would be an all star in the East and the guy is still young. It's not like they'd make the playoffs with Harden anyway so they would still get a great pick. They also have a lot of salary space to fool around with.

Mothman91

Really scared that Ernie is going to trade down to #6.

Ernie voice: "We found a guy we really liked at #6 (barnes) that we knew would be available...in the process we were able to get another high value player at number 11 that we think can help us. In our minds there was no difference between the 2 and 6 in this draft, so we really like the deal for our club."

OH GOD

Edit: Man I wonder if Ves/a 2nd/shards expiring could have gotten us Smith...hate this FO.
Please no, I heard somewhere that he wouldn't be trading the #3.

Wtf, please no.

Canuck76

Banned
God i was watching ESPN and they were talking mocks. Dude purposely says "I don't think at 6 you take Rivers over someone like Lillard"

HE'S WARNING YOU PORTLAND

I disagree. We'd have Harden be our leading scorer, but he and Gordon would be the only legit offensive threats and they wouldn't be on the floor at the same time. We'd still be terrible, just maybe score more points.

We'd still be in the lottery, but we wouldn't be picking in the top 4 which is where we need to be if we have any hope of landing Shabazz or Noel.

You're crazy. Harden would be an all star in the East and the guy is still young. It's not like they'd make the playoffs with Harden anyway so they would still get a great pick. They also have a lot of salary space to fool around with.

If acquiring Harden would push us out of the top 4 it's not worth it. After next year's draft however, certainly. I'd be all over bringing in somone like Harden. I don't want to give up a top 2 pick for him though.

Please no, I heard somewhere that he wouldn't be trading the #3.

Wtf, please no.

We just traded cap space for guys that were arguably worse/older/moderately better but way overpaid verisons of players we already have:

Singleton/Ariza
Okafor/Seraphin

If that is justifiable in their minds then trading down is childs play.

Bowser

We'd still be in the lottery, but we wouldn't be picking in the top 4 which is where we need to be if we have any hope of landing Shabazz or Noel.

If acquiring Harden would push us out of the top 4 it's not worth it. After next year's draft however, certainly. I'd be all over bringing in somone like Harden. I don't want to give up a top 2 pick for him though.

I don't think just adding Harden is going to make us SIGNIFICANTLY better. Even with Harden, I don't see us winning more than 25-30 games next season (30 games would be absolute best case scenario), which would probably still keep us in line for a top 5 pick. Next year's draft is pretty loaded as well, especially with big men talent (Zeller, Noel, McAdoo, Adams).

So the Jazz are about to trade for Mo Williams.

I don't really think he's any good, but at least he makes threes and they may not bring back the other terrible wing players on the team. Team is going to be killed by wings who postup though if they plan to have Hayward and Mo be the starting 3 and 2.

ugh I just know that the Rockets will do nothing tonight. It is inevitable

139368809_crop_exact.jpg

Bowser

Hahahaha right

He'll come play with Davis and Gordon more likely. Dude went out with class and would be welcomed home if he so chooses.

lol he ain't going back to NO. If Charlotte makes some improvements in the next few years, I wouldn't be surprised if Paul wanted to go home (born and raised in NC, went to Wake).

Christian

I've been watching Steven Adams play summer ball in Pittsburgh the last couple of weeks. Kid's better than Noel or Muhammad. He had huge games against them head-to-head, and seeing him in person, it's obvious why. An absolute freak. All y'all lottery folks'll be talking about him next year, I guarantee it.

I don't think just adding Harden is going to make us SIGNIFICANTLY better. Even with Harden, I don't see us winning more than 25-30 games next season (30 games would be absolute best case scenario), which would probably still keep us in line for a top 5 pick. Next year's draft is pretty loaded as well, especially with big men talent (Zeller, Noel, McAdoo, Adams).

Maybe you're right, I just don't want to short change our rebuilding process by striking too quick. The draft is where we need to be focused.

benjipwns

Banned
Howard stopped talking to his agent, Dan Fegan, about the situation before the trade deadline, and Fegan still has no clue what’s going on in Howard’s inner circle, where non-basketball people seem to be calling the shots.
neat

Jonm1010

Banned
Hahahaha right

He'll come play with Davis and Gordon more likely. Dude went out with class and would be welcomed home if he so chooses.

Nah, you haven't heard him, he legitimately thinks if billups hadn't gone down they would have been a championship team. He got his big market, he got(well naiively thinks he got) a championship caliber foundation. He's not going anywhere.

I've moved on. The breakup was difficult but I think it was the right move for both of us. We weren't good together anymore.

his presence meant we were doomed to the Rockets formula - team just good enough to make the playoffs but never good enough to win, never bad enough to rebuild proper.

Jonm1010

Banned
His home is North Carolina brah.

He's not going to charlotte.

You forget the part of his personality that shadows lebron, Melo, and Howard. He wants a big market. Rememeber where he asked to go last year? It wasn't Oklahoma, or Indiana or San Antonio. It was big markets. Secondary was having a team that could win him a chip.

We'd cross that bridge if the bobcats every get good.

Sweet, I'm looking forward to it.

He's not going to charlotte.

You forget the part of his personality that shadows lebron, Melo, and Howard. He wants a big market. Rememeber where he asked to go last year? It wasn't Oklahoma, or Indiana or San Antonio. It was big markets. Secondary was having a team that could win him a chip.

I'm not delusional. They only way CP will become a Bobcat is if we're championship contenders at the end of his career. We might not even want him at that point.

PBY

Banned
What are the general thoughts on wades knee surgery? I'm glad hes not playing in the Olympics, but i wonder how the surgery will affect him going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom