• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Trade talks between the Sacramento Kings and Houston Rockets have intensified in the hours leading up to Thursday night's NBA draft and have put the Rockets in pole position to acquire the Kings' No. 5 pick if Sacramento elects to trade it, according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Kings plan to wait as long as possible before committing to the trade to see who falls to them at No. 5. It's believed that Sacramento will walk away from the trade if Kansas' Thomas Robinson is still available after four picks are made.

Yet sources say that the Kings, in that scenario, would be walking away from "a lot," suggesting that the Rockets have offered even more than the widely reported package of versatile but disgruntled guard Kyle Lowry and multiple picks later in Thursday's first round. Houston currently holds the Nos. 12, 16 and 18 picks.
http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/st...acramento-kings-talking-no-5-pick-sources-say

peterb0y said:
What are the general thoughts on wades knee surgery? I'm glad hes not playing in the Olympics, but i wonder how the surgery will affect him going forward

Is he getting the German nanomachines?

That seems to be the popular thing to do for NBA players during their offseasons these days.

First go to Germany to get the "surgery", then stop by Hakeem's house, and finally run by LensCrafters.

Bowser

iTyo6JWoVsIUv.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Drummond at No. 5"

Give up all that to get him :\ Confused as shit.

You can all laugh at the Rockets now, but we will be back to back champions in 2094 and 2095.

Brinbe

Wow, Waiters isn't dropping past the Warriors!
Just spoke to two NBA execs today and they both said that they expect Syracuse’s Dion Waiters to be there when the Warriors’ No. 7 pick comes up tonight.

There’s a lot of chatter that Waiters could go higher–at 4 to Cleveland or 6 to Portland–but for now, both wired-in execs say that the late-talk probably won’t pan out.

We shall see in a few hours. Obviously, things are exceptionally volatile at the top this year.

But if Waiters there, both execs also believe that the Warriors will select him. I totally agree with them: If Waiters is there, he’ll almost certainly be a Warrior around 5 p.m. tonight.

No question, there was a lot of internal debate on this specific issue over the last few days in the Warriors’ draft room… apparently all through way through fairly late last night.

There still may yet be debate in the last hours and minutes up to the moment the Warriors have to make the official pick.

If North Carolina’s Harrison Barnes is there, he’ll have support. So will Weber State’s Damian Lillard and UConn’s Andre Drummond if either or both are on the board.

I hear even Illinois’ Meyers Leonard has some support among the scouts for the 7 pick, though that’s very unlikely to occur.

But most indications are that, unless Kentucky’s Michael Kidd-Gilchrist or Kansas’ Thomas Robinson somehow starts dropping, the Warriors are fairly well set to go with Waiters as a tough, play-making combo guard.
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawaka...rs-no-7-pick-dion-waiters-looks-like-the-guy/

Yes, Barnes! Pls don't draft Rivers. =(

Man hard to consider the possibility of the Kings actually killing a team in a trade.

Assuming top 4 picks are: Davis, T-Rob, Beal, MKG the kings would be getting a lot more value out of the Rockets deal than anyone available at #5.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Silly question but how much time does each team have for a draft pick? Won't get home till like 8:30 tonight so I'm trying to figure out how much of the draft I'll end up missing. Don't want tomiss the Magic trading Dwight obviously.

Bowser

Jonny Flynn

Wes Johnson

Dion Waiters

Besides Melo, who's the last decent pro Cuse put in the league? Coleman?

I suppose you could make a case for Warrick, but add Donte Green to your list above, and yikes, the past 6-8 years of Cuse pros has been littered with busts.

Man hard to consider the possibility of the Kings actually killing a team in a trade.

Assuming top 4 picks are: Davis, T-Rob, Beal, MKG the kings would be getting a lot more value out of the Rockets deal than anyone available at #5.

Plus they get rid of Reke's crazy ass.

I suppose you could make a case for Warrick, but add Donte Green to your list above, and yikes, the past 6-8 years of Cuse pros has been littered with busts.

Ohio State is pretty bad too outside of maybe Conley (who is just okay).

Ironically, most of the big/successful teams haven't produced many great pros (UNC, Duke, Syracuse, OSU, Kansas)

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Silly question but how much time does each team have for a draft pick? Won't get home till like 8:30 tonight so I'm trying to figure out how much of the draft I'll end up missing. Don't want tomiss the Magic trading Dwight obviously.

In the first round? 5 minutes.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

you'll miss all the good parts.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
God dammit. Guess I'll bail work early then.

Anyway from Woj.

The Phoenix Suns have surfaced as serious contenders to sign Boston Celtics free agent Ray Allen, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Allen, 37, is willing to explore offers beyond Boston. The Suns – regardless of whether they re-sign free-agent point guard Steve Nash – interest Allen, sources said.

The Suns have significant salary-cap space, and could pay Allen more than the Miami Heat or New York Knicks. Suns president Lon Babby had been Allen’s agent for a significant part of his career until Babby started running Phoenix’s basketball operations two years ago.

Some have suggested that Allen is likely destined for the Heat, but sources indicate that while the Heat remain a possibility, they’re not currently the leaders for him. Allen has expressed some interest in still returning to the Celtics, who will have extension talks with him and free agent Kevin Garnett.

Canuck76

Banned
NONONONONNO NOO NNOOO

Why the hell would he come here?

Also i don't think he's terrible, he seems like a great personal leader and motivator just not a great basketball theory guy.

But yes. No.

Lol thank God one of the AC units in our office died and we could leave early. Perfect day

your avatar is dead

... what avatar?

... dem smiles.

IWMTB, are you ready for an eMo future?

Edit: sigh.

Unless Los Angeles Clippers guard Mo Williams enjoys throwing away money, the Mavericks will soon be rid of Lamar Odom and any financial obligation to him for the coming season.

The Mavericks have agreed to send the troubled Odom to the Clippers, who in turn will ship Williams to the Utah Jazz, who will send a trade exception from the Mehmet Okur deal last season to the Mavericks, an NBA source said.

All three teams have agreed to the deal. All that has to happen to make it official is for Williams to exercise the player option on his contract for next season, which would pay him $8.5 million.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Question though, can he actually convert to the point? And do so without being a hinderence to offensive flow? Basically have you seen or heard anything that suggests he isn't going to end up playing asshole ball most of the time, taking shots away from better players aka Gordon.

He's not a bad ball handler but he wouldn't be my choice at point. Its not that he won't pass, but he'll need to be a bit more savvy with the ball. I dunno, college PG is not NBA PG and there seem to be a lot of NBA pgs that engage in hero ball.

I can say this about Rivers, I can't remember a game where he specifically shot us out of. That doesn't mean he never took bad shots or made bad plays. He's not the phenom Irving was. At the same time he was given the green light to be the alpha dog in a team full of role players. He didn't have to defer. that will be different in the NBA

Really though, I don't get why the Rockets don't just wait for Drummond to fall to 8 and then trade 12 and 16 for him.

The Blazers and Warriors have expressed negative interest in him and Lowry could probably fetch something else good.

Really though, I don't get why the Rockets don't just wait for Drummond to fall to 8 and then trade 12 and 16 for him.

The Blazers and Warriors have expressed negative interest in him and Lowry could probably fetch something else good.

Really doubt that things end up at all like the media has suggested as of late and more like the draft boards that were pretty much chalk a week or so ago before Cleveland started blowing smoke everywhere. A lot of idiocy out there right now.

Doubt he falls to 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom