• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFatOne

I haven't really kept up with the draft, but who can the Celtics realistically draft? I have no idea how good any of these players are.

I haven't really kept up with the draft, but who can the Celtics realistically draft? I have no idea how good any of these players are.

Well rumor is that you guys like Andrew Nicholson(David West esque guy..more range..into as tough) and Royce White(Versitile huge guy who isn't great at anything but can do a lot).

But yall are looking to move up...for something I guess.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Ken Berger said:
Ron Johnson, the NBA's senior VP of referee operations, has resigned effective at the end of July, the league announced.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Ken Berger said:
Johnson said David Stern asked him to improve "an already superior officiating program. ... I feel I have accomplished that mission."

LOLOL

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
If the Cavs are legit picking Waiters, you guys should say goodbyes to me now.

I can't take my NFL and NBA teams fucking up their drafts this close together.

Bowser

To follow up on the Derrick Williams for #2 report:

DraftExpress: Their stance is he went #2 last year so offering him for #2 this year is fair. RT @sorokman Why did Minnesota even bother to ask Charlotte?

By that logic, we should be able to trade the #2 pick for any player drafted #2 or lower.

OKC, we'll take Kevin Durant plz, thx.

RBH

ibmtV44QlsqO9t.gif

SamuraiX-

Any team that takes the #2 from Char. will be taking Beal I'm guessing?

It would be the only reason for any team to try and move up to #2 since the Wizards are 100% on taking Beal if he's available.

If the Cavs are legit picking Waiters, you guys should say goodbyes to me now.

I can't take my NFL and NBA teams fucking up their drafts this close together.

Curious, who're you hoping the Cavs take?

Kwhit10

With there not being much talent difference from 6-22 I hope the Celtics don't trade both their picks and possble Avery Bradley. Keep Bradley and draft whatever talents happens to fall for whatever reason. This team is close to rebuilding I don't think anything in the 7-10 range is going to be better than the two picks at 21-22.

SamuraiX-

Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress
I can only imagine the conversation an owner will have with their GM in two-three years if Dion Waiters ends up being a bust...
"So you took a 6-3 SG 6th man who everyone had in the 20s in May in the top-10 despite no workout, physical or interview? You did that why?"
"But, a front office with a history of bad decisions promised him at the end of the lottery! I figured they HAVE to know something we don't"

Sounds exactly like something IWMTB would say. lol

But seriously, Waiters's agent is fucking genius. What's the point of working out for any teams if you moved up like 15 draft spots on everyone's board in the past month by doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

charsace

To follow up on the Derrick Williams for #2 report:

By that logic, we should be able to trade the #2 pick for any player drafted #2 or lower.

OKC, we'll take Kevin Durant plz, thx.

I think Derrick is better than Robinson and the Cats are looking at taking him. Williams played the wrong position. As a pick and roll 4 that can stretch the floor with the 3 ball and take other 4's off the dribble he would look really good.

Waiter's agent is Kobe and Durant's(and Iggy's) agent.

Dude got Iggy 85 mil when he only wanted 60mil.

He knows his to get his clients paaaaaid.

I think Derrick is better than Robinson and the Cats are looking at taking him. Williams played the wrong position. As a pick and roll 4 that can stretch the floor with the 3 ball and take other 4's off the dribble he would look really good.
Williams never really played the 3 last year. I don't think his skillset matches the position.

Unless his ballhandling/playmaking is improved next year, I don't see him working that well at the 3. But we'll see.

Brinbe

I refuse to believe these GMs are really that dumb. Apparently, all it takes is one "promise" and hype from Chad Ford and poof, off you go.

Bowser

I don't think Williams has a defined position in the league and I don't think he's ever going to be a starter on a championship team.

So no, I don't want to trade #2 for him.

benjipwns

Banned
Biggest announcement in 2K history, $99.99 DYNASTY EDITION:
nba13dynasty6.28610.jpg

In addition to a full retail copy of NBA 2K13 -- the next installment of the top-rated and top-selling NBA video game simulation franchise* -- the Dynasty Edition will include the all-new downloadable NBA 2K13 All-Star add-on content presented by Sprite, an exclusive NBA 2K13 full-sized basketball from Spalding(R) and Art of Basketball, exclusive 2K Sports Ink'd earbuds from Skullcandy, and an NBA 2K13 basketball textured controller skin from Skinit.

"With this special edition package, we want to give something meaningful to our great fans," said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. "This is an awesome deal that is sure to please fans, and will become a must-have item while supplies last."

charsace

Williams never really played the 3 last year. I don't think his skillset matches the position.

Unless his ballhandling/playmaking is improved next year, I don't see him working that well at the 3. But we'll see.

He played the 3 in games I watched. And I watched the wolves a lot because of Love Rubio.

Williams is a straight up good 4 playing out of position because he showed a little perimeter skill in college and in workouts.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!

I thought he showed an ability to get by people and get into lane and draw contact. The problem was charges.

SamuraiX-

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
If you're not enjoying @FredKerber's sarcastic walk down Nets draft memory lane, you're missing out.

Fred Kerber ‏@FredKerber
Great #Nets Draft Moments: 1985 NJ gets oldest player in draft, Yvon Joseph Ga. Tech Rep is bad hands. At camp is handed playbook. Drops it.
Fred Kerber ‏@FredKerber
Great #Nets Draft Moments: 1987. NJ needs SG. Takes Dennis Hopson No. 3. Didn't waste pick on likes of Scottie Pippen 5, Reggie Miller 11...
Fred Kerber ‏@FredKerber
Great #Nets Draft Moments: 2007. W/Sean Williams 17 NJ has no 2d rounder. Good. Mighta got stuck with Marc Gasol, GDavis, CLandry, RSessions

Some of these are incredible. bwahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom