• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
He played the 3 in games I watched. And I watched the wolves a lot because of Love Rubio.

Williams is a straight up good 4 playing out of position because he showed a little perimeter skill in college and in workouts.

He rarely played SF last year. He would come in to spell Love and played next to Love some when Adelman put Love at the C spot, but Williams really didn't play the 3 a lot. At some point, he got a couple starts there and then went back to the backup 4.

He played the 3 in games I watched. And I watched the wolves a lot because of Love Rubio.

Williams is a straight up good 4 playing out of position because he showed a little perimeter skill in college and in workouts.
Well he's dropping some weight so hopefully he's decent next year

I don't remember too many PG/SG/Derrick/Love/Pek lineups all that much

So new jersky would be more willing to part with deron to la if only they get bynum?
But Jim is unwilling to give up bynum?
Fuck you brah.
I'm fucking done with you.

SamuraiX-

I agree, which is why I said T-Rob underwhelms me and I'd rather shoot for the stars with Beal/MKG/Barnes. But I do think T-Rob will be a better player than Williams.

Agreed. The fact that he's a little taller and has like 2-inches of wingspan on Derrick Williams will help him. Not only that but with his skill set he's already solidified into the PF spot.

Fred Kerber ‏@FredKerber
Great #Nets Draft Moments 2005: NJ goes back and forth about SFs Danny Granger and Joey Graham for 15. Finally settle. On Antoine Wright

It just keeps coming. haha

Sounds exactly like something IWMTB would say. lol

But seriously, Waiters's agent is fucking genius. What's the point of working out for any teams if you moved up like 15 draft spots on everyone's board in the past month by doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

This is the exact tactic PJIII's agent should have taken.

No one finds out his has knee issues.

Teams retain their delusions about him being able to play SF.

Instead Duffy took the exact wrong path.

Also, you have to go with the Intel from the team that paid Childress $20 million.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Ken Berger said:
Jackson, a married minister and father of four, says at time of affair he was not pastoring. "I made some egregious errors," Jackson said.
Ken Berger said:
Jackson apologized to his family, friends, the Warriors and church, quoting Bible: "What goes on in the dark will come out in the light."

LOLOL

KingGondo

Banned
I love the default "scandal expression" when public figures are caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

markjacksonfront.jpg

Jdez15

Banned
I doubt the Dion Waiters/Cavs rumor is true. Chris Grant is trying to get the bobcats to budge on the asking price of the 2nd pick. Unless they plan on trading down, then the rumor would probably be true, but it states the the fourth pick.

SamuraiX-

Jason Jones ‏@mr_jasonjones
I still have a hard time believing Kings pass on Barnes or MKG. Told them not visiting Sacramento will not keep Kings from drafting them.

Please please please please please please.... :(

John Rothstein just said you replace Kendall Marsahall with Scott Machado and North Carolina wins more games in college.

Kinda indictment in Marshall's D.
Denise Richards playing a teenager, Neil Patrick Harris, Michael Ironside, yes, it's sublime.

Would you like to know more?
Horrible hokey script with terrible dialogue, yes please continue!

Save all the CG bug scenes, remake the shit outta everything else. Call it a day.

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein
Jim Boeheim to me two weeks ago on Dion Waiters "The only person who can stay in front of him is named Westbrook."
I know it's a bit of hyperbole, but as a guy who watched a lot of Syracuse ball you guys are kinda underrating him. This guy is better than you think, plus he's going to improve.
Crazy but realistic thought. The Celtics could walk away from the draft tonight w both Royce White + Jared Sullinger. Very possible @ 21+22.
People will love Royce White in Boston.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Please please please please please please.... :(

I think it's crazy when teams pass on guys because they didn't work out for them. As if shooting in a empty gym tells me something I didn't already know.

Rubio didn't work out for the Wolves and that worked out alright.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
For the life of me, I can't figure out a good "Hand Down, Man Down" or "Momma, there goes that man" joke to go with this Mark Jackson scandal.

Sorry, Rodeo, but the book is far better than the first movie "adaptation."

I'd welcome a more faithful remake.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with Franky.

Jim Calhoun to me two weeks ago on Dion Waiters "No one can take over a game the way he can."
Like I said, this guys played starters' minutes off the bench. I've watched this kid and he has alot of upside. He's going to make whoever drafts him very happy, presumably Golden State at #7.
So much Dwyane Wade in Dion Waiters......

goddamn it.
Sorry, Rodeo, but the book is far better than the first movie "adaptation."

I'd welcome a more faithful remake.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with Franky.
If only you could be unbiased about your team being fugazi and Hollywood as Hell.

Zep

Banned
Waiters game seems to resemble more of Harden than Wade. He has nowhere near the explosion and speed of Wade when coming out. Like what I seen of him when working the pick and roll game though...Keeps his head up and looks to be a willing passer.

SamuraiX-

I think it's crazy when teams pass on guys because they didn't work out for them. As if shooting in a empty gym tells me something I didn't already know.

Rubio didn't work out for the Wolves and that worked out alright.

It might have to do with the fact that they didn't just not visit to work out, they (or their agents) out-right refused to workout for the Kings.

You know, if MKG is gone, I'm ready for anything. Do your worst, Petrie.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AlexKennedyNBA
Earl Clark has opted out of the final year of his contract with the Orlando Magic, sources confirm. He'll be an unrestricted free agent.

He must have the worst agent of all time.

Waiters game seems to resemble more of Harden than Wade. He has nowhere near the explosion and speed of Wade when coming out. Like what I seen of him when working the pick and roll game though...Keeps his head up and looks to be a willing passer.
Yeah, I hated that comparison. When he had to take over down the stretch he would, but he also wasn't a blind chucker. Always looked for an open teammate and at times was too unselfish. Also I've never seen Waiters throw his body into 2 defenders, flop into contact, stumble around for 5-6 steps then bitch about not getting a call.

BTW can we keep talking about the Blueprint For Greatness when the Nets gave Portland the #6 pick for 2 months of Gerald Wallace? That's still amazing to me... Prokhorov another horribly overrated GM.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ESPNStatsInfo
Wow. Dion Waiters is set to join Marvin Williams as only lottery picks to have played in college and not started a single game.

This guy has the best agent of all time.

Yeah, I hated that comparison. When he had to take over down the stretch he would, but he also wasn't a blind chucker. Always looked for an open teammate and at times was too unselfish. Also I've never seen Waiters throw his body into 2 defenders, flop into contact, stumble around for 5-6 steps then bitch about not getting a call.

Can't teach that.

That level of bitchassness is something you are born with.

diehard

Fleer
ESPNStatsInfo
Wow. Dion Waiters is set to join Marvin Williams as only lottery picks to have played in college and not started a single game.

Marvin Williams, that pick worked out really well.

I want Deron to go to Dallas so i can laugh at NJ for what they gave up. But i also don't want Dallas to get better.. ugh.

I'll tell you this. When McBob declared, it didn't take long for the rumors to surface that he was a lockerroom cancer and he would not be missed in the slightest. The insiders have indicated problems were more with Curry and Dawkins and lack of senior leadership than Rivers being a cancer.
To me seeing the evaluaters talk about Barnes and Rivers in this draft is literally watching revisionist history in progress. I've seen both of them play several games over their college careers and have seen their strengths and weaknesses. These analysts are not interested in any of that, they want to promote the same narrative they said before these guys ever played college ball. Barnes was this can't miss eventual pro prospect, Rivers was selfish and arrogant. For all the talk of Barnes being a great scorer, he was essentially a jack em joe that took a large volume of shots at the detriment of the team's strength (post play). This also considers he had a great set up man in Marshall. Rivers averaged 16 ppg with a team that had a very balanced scoring attack and was the best driver easily. He improved a lot over the course of the season, defense and his offensive repetoire. Duke struggled last year because K had a hard time figuring out how to make all the pieces, and we ran a 4 out 1 in that wasn't very effective. It wasn't because Rivers was some huge lookerroom cancer that everyone hated. But that doesn't stop these analysts posting their lazy bullshit

Austin Rivers averaged more turnovers than assists and was a massive ballhog that didn't play defense. He was one of the top problems on that team.

ESPNStatsInfo

This guy has the best agent of all time.
It's the same in the NBA, starting is highly overrated as long as you get a high number of minutes/finish the game. Also after Davis there aren't any amazing guards, Waiters' upside is very intriguing.
Marvin Williams, that pick worked out really well.
I guarantee you this guy will be more valuable in one year than Marvin Williams ever was to the Hawks. Especially if Waiters goes to Golden State. Klay/Curry/Waiters? SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEIT.

Hey, played starters' minutes and after Davis there aren't any amazing guards. Waiters upside is very intriguing.

I guarantee you this guy will be more valuable in one year than Marvin Williams ever was to the Hawks. Especially if Waiters goes to Golden State. Klay/Curry/Waiters? SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEIT.

If by SHHHEEIT you mean low lottery selections every year.

Brinbe

It's the same in the NBA, starting is highly overrated as long as you get a high number of minutes/finish the game. Also after Davis there aren't any amazing guards, Waiters' upside is very intriguing.

What's his upside? I just don't see it.

Marvin Williams is a long line of high lottery busts drafted for his athleticism rather than his skills.

Waiters actually possesses transferable NBA skills. I'm not surprised his stock is moving up, although I think if he worked out, it would be substantive. This pre-draft hype smells of agent hearsay rather than concrete draft positioning.

RBH

Teams have been calling the Atlanta Hawks all week to register trade interest in swingman Josh Smith, according to sources close to the situation.

And one of those teams, sources said, is the Orlando Magic, who know that Smith ranks as one of Dwight Howard's closest friends.

But new Hawks general manager Danny Ferry apparently isn't ready to part with Smith right away.

Boston, Houston and the Los Angeles Lakers -- with Pau Gasol as the prime piece being offered in L.A.'s case -- have joined Orlando this week in making their interest in Smith known.

Yet as Ferry settles into the job, sources say he wants to take stock of things before deciding if he's prepared to go into next season without Smith, who is entering the final year of his contract at $13.2 million and has let it be known for some time that he'd welcome a trade.
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/46890/hawks-resisting-interest-in-smith-for-now

Really scared that Ernie is going to trade down to #6.

Ernie voice: "We found a guy we really liked at #6 (barnes) that we knew would be available...in the process we were able to get another high value player at number 11 that we think can help us. In our minds there was no difference between the 2 and 6 in this draft, so we really like the deal for our club."

OH GOD

Edit: Man I wonder if Ves/a 2nd/shards expiring could have gotten us Smith...hate this FO.

If by SHHHEEIT you mean low lottery selections every year.
Don't be a Waiters Hater, dude.
What's his upside? I just don't see it.
DraftExpress breaks down Dion Waiters

- 6'4 guard w/ decent length
- Attacks the rim fearlessly (I guess that's the Wade comparison)
- Good all-around shooter, especially off the dribble. A bit streaky from 3's though
- Can take contact and finish, yet is quick and has different speeds despite being 210 pounds
- Like I said, is a willing passer. He won't be a NBA PG due to questionable decisionmaking, but he can play PG for stretches as he did for Syracuse.
- Has all the tools to be a solid NBA defender. Syracuse played that "Boeheim Zone" with Fab Melo anchoring the middle, so not alot of opportunity to play man. The few times I saw him he seemed to posses quickness and have a good defensive IQ.

Don't believe the reason that he didn't start is talent-related; it's due more to him being a knucklehead his freshman year.

I could see the Bobcats trading the number two pick for Harden, signing Harden to a massive contract, Harden becoming the next Joe Johnson. OKC drafting Beal and Beal ending up being better than Unibrow. Bobcats fans know it's coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom