• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFu

Banned
So does anybody know anything about Jared Cunningham? I watched a highlight reel and dude can jump, so that's nice.

Emwitus

Metta WorldPeace ‏@MettaWorldPeace
I got traded for MJ. Jordan to the lakers at 45 . 6 man of the year. I run the bob cats with live bob cat half time shows. Kiss the cat

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Dallas has sold the 55th pick, Darius Johnson-Odom, to the Lakers, league source tells Y! Sports.

My bad. But my point still stands, wasn't Mini mamba not playing because he's undersized for a shooting guard? Why the heck do they go out and buy another undersized guard. Is this compensation for the crap with odom.

cashman

Banned
netskid_medium.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Its going to be a painful tank for Orlando. I really don't get why we didn't just dump Dwight for picks if this is the route we're going to take. Chris Duhon is the only PG on the roster and none of our actual needs were addressed at all tonight. I'm so utterly confused after tonight.

Mxrz

Its going to be a painful tank for Orlando. I really don't get why we didn't just dump Dwight for picks if this is the route we're going to take. Chris Duhon is the only PG on the roster and none of our actual needs were addressed at all tonight. I'm so utterly confused after tonight.

Our young stylish GM got a plan. Maybe. Possibly it involves getting a headcoach that can also play the point.

SamuraiX-

So since DY/MJ/Cho are a bunch of whore cock-teases, I'll just embrace it.

T-ROB/DMC FRONT COURT, BABY.

LEAGUE AIN'T READY.

FUCKS WILL NOT BE GIVEN. COME AT US.

DraftExpress: Anticipation in the building rises as the Knicks are on the clock. Sounds like a lot more than a few hundred people in here. Machado?
6/28 23:20 • reply • retweet • favorite
DraftExpress: The Knicks take Kostas Papanikolaou at #48. Ignorant NY fans were booing it before Silver finished the Kostas part. Solid pick here.
6/28 23:21 • reply • retweet • favorite
ZachLowe_SI: NY FANS "I DO NOT KNOW WHO THAT PLAYER IS BOO LONG LAST NAME BOO!!!!!"
MattNorlander: Knicks fans send back the soup the second a syllable from a foreigner's name is uttered. Absolutely hilarious.
GoodmanCBS: Love that @franfraschilla is defending Kostas Papanikolaou. Fran you may need a bodyguard to get from Newark back to Manhattan.
6/28 23:22 • reply • retweet • favorite
*sigh* oh well, UDFAs it is.
Oh charsace, Frankman, et al - thank you for the laughs.

datsureamsweet.gif
What guy did your team draft btw? Just wondering since your last basketball team doesn't exist anymore.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Our young stylish GM got a plan. Maybe. Possibly it involves getting a headcoach that can also play the point.

I just think Henny took the guys he felt were BPA and is stuck with Dwight unless ownership actually feels like finally giving up on trying to keep him. Then its all out tank mode. At least I think thats the plan.

Starting Chris Duhon for 82 games is about as effective of a tanking strategy as a team can have.

Please explain......

He can defend pick-and-roll, protect the rim, finish on pick-and-roll, that's what NBA big men need to do. He's strong enough to rebound and nobody postups so his strength isn't going to be a big issue defensively imo. He seems to work hard as well. I think he could be a more skilled version of Taj Gibson and I think that would be really good.

ryan-ts

OMFG, they're ready to commit mass-suicide over @ realgm over the Ross pick. Jesus Christ, he's a good f'n player.

My only real problem with the pick is that he has terrible handles. Really could have used someone who could create their own shot, he doesn't have great length either and is already 21 years old.

It won't matter that much if they get Nash.
As much as I love Nash, the dude is going to be in TO for two years. It will matter every time he's off the floor and when he retires 1-2 years from now.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
*sigh* oh well, UDFAs it is.

What guy did your team draft btw? Just wondering since your last basketball team doesn't exist anymore.

It will always exist in his heart, just like Big Country and Steve Francis.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Definitely, but I'm legitimately curious now. Does he root for any NBA team now, or just for any big white guy?

I don't think so. He just likes laughing at us.

"clutchfans Morey: "We have potentially one more move, but a minor move." "

You shitty GM you. GTFO... we don't even have a center!!

KingJ2002

Soooo.. laker fans

we have an ariza look alike in ebanks

and a just drafted a guy with odom in his last name.

we asked for deron williams and we almost picked up mo williams

it's almost as if the front office is trolling the fans hard. -__ -

PBY

Banned
Just got back from the draft- it was a great time, very cool to see in person. I was texting friends who heard the boos for Stern on TV, but damn, they were LOUD in the arena. Heat got the loudest cheers/boos simultaneously when they were on the clock. Felt bad for Perry Jones.

Gonna go to bed, will try and post pics tom.

Matrix

So does Houston plan on starting Motiejunas at center next year or something?

who the heck knows. With 90% of your roster made up of small pf's, it might be the only option.

He can defend pick-and-roll, protect the rim, finish on pick-and-roll, that's what NBA big men need to do. He's strong enough to rebound and nobody postups so his strength isn't going to be a big issue defensively imo. He seems to work hard as well. I think he could be a more skilled version of Taj Gibson and I think that would be really good.

Wow ,thanks for the knowledge.

Would you have taken him over Drummond?

Matrix

In a world where Big Country is rich and Steve Francis is not, I win every...single...day.

How do we know Country is still rich? He spent all his money on a giant cattle ranch.

SamuraiX-

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
Only three of the final 13 picks were from the United States.

Bwahawhaw

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
3 way sending Lamar Odom back 2 Clips, Mo Williams to Utah & clearing cap room 4 Dallas is close to done, but nor yet official, per sources.

Wow. So when does Deron sign?

Jason Jones ‏@mr_jasonjones
Petrie said Jason Thompson remains the top proiorty for the Kings in free agency.

#thankyoubasedpetrie

DIQ3h.jpg

omg lol

RBH

Unless Los Angeles Clippers guard Mo Williams enjoys throwing away money, the Mavericks will soon be rid of Lamar Odom and any financial obligation to him for the coming season.

The Mavericks have agreed to send the troubled Odom to the Clippers, who in turn will ship Williams to the Utah Jazz, who will send a trade exception from the Mehmet Okur deal last season to the Mavericks, an NBA source said.

All three teams have agreed to the deal. All that has to happen to make it official is for Williams to exercise the player option on his contract for next season, which would pay him $8.5 million.

Williams has until Friday to opt in, and if he doesn’t, he will become an unrestricted free agent and would be very hard pressed to earn even half of that annual salary on the open market, the source said.

What it means for the Mavericks is that they can trade Odom before having to buy out the final year of his contract, which would have cost them $2.4 million. That money now will not be applied to their salary cap and gives them even more financial flexibility heading into free agency.

It won’t improve the amount they can throw at free agent Deron Williams – he is going to receive a maximum contract regardless – but it might help in the recruitment of other free agents or, with the newly acquired trade exception, could be useful in trade scenarios.

Odom was never going to return to the Mavericks and the only reason he wasn’t waived before the season ended was precisely because of a situation like this where the Mavericks could get rid of him without having to pay off the final year of his deal.
http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/2012/06/mavericks-on-the-verge-of-moving-lamar-odom.html/

Andrew Nicholson is better than Ryan Garrity and he hasn't played a minute of NBA ball

suck it long and suck it hard

cacophony

I have absolutely zero hype for the Rockets up coming season. I don't even feel like watching basketball anymore, same shit every single year.. what's the point?

I wonder if the Jazz would have Mo and Harris just play 24 MPG and split the PG minutes. Could actually work good since it might allow both guys to avoid injury and play hard while they're out there. Leaves Watson out in the cold tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom