• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LMAO fucking Morey is trolling his own fanbase...

"ClutchFans.net ‏@clutchfans
Source confirms the "minor move" by the Rockets was for the 53rd pick of the draft, Turkish power forward Furkan Aldemir.

cacophony

Source confirms the "minor move" by the Rockets was for the 53rd pick of the draft, Turkish power forward Furkan Aldemir.

lakersgm.gif

Brinbe

My only real problem with the pick is that he has terrible handles. Really could have used someone who could create their own shot, he doesn't have great length either and is already 21 years old.

As much as I love Nash, the dude is going to be in TO for two years. It will matter every time he's off the floor and when he retires 1-2 years from now.

I understand that trepidation, but with Nash on-board (and whomever we draft/sign to replace him) he's totally fine. He defends/rebounds/shoots well, good-size for the 2-spot/can hold his own at 3, and is above all else, a great athlete. Handles aren't great, but it isn't everything, and he could still improve in that area.

Also, I can def understand being upset for passing on someone like Drummond, but keep this in mind.

Drummond 7.7 RPG
Ross 6.5 RPG

I mean, that kind of says a lot in both directions.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Jonathan_Feigen Daryl Morey said centers targeted in free agency. Translation : Omer Asik, Marcus Camby."

WTF bring back Camby? team ain't winning shit, why bring a vet center back now after this bs. Just rotate our 15 pf's at the spot.

Canuck76

Banned
People are crapping all over Lillard on realgm, kind of funny. I thought we did great this draft, I'm super happy. We didn't go BPA but those players we could have took wouldn't have been a ton better.

Got to say T-rob DMC frontcourt is going to be great. Now they just have to get the guard situation figured out and they'll be stacked.

Smokey

"Jonathan_Feigen Daryl Morey said centers targeted in free agency. Translation : Omer Asik, Marcus Camby."

WTF bring back Camby? team ain't winning shit, why bring a vet center back now after this bs. Just rotate our 15 pf's at the spot.

fuck this motherfucker

motherfucking ASIK from Dwight Howard? Eat fried shit Morey fuck you go texans

Flash

lol fuck Colangelo. Ross is a pretty bad pick even if Nash is coming. What does it matter if Nash MAY come to Toronto? It's not like he's going to be here for the long run. And if he does happen come, it means that we'll probably be picking in 15 to 20 range for the next few years where guys like Ross will be plentiful.

Raptors have nobody who can consistently take their man of the dribble, it's a god damn joke. Nobody here can create their shot. We already have a starting SG who can't handle the ball.

I would've been happier if we picked Rivers or Lamb instead. Or even Drummond, but that would mean that Colangelo has given up on his Bargnani fetish which of course will never happen. That one stupid ass pick has caused this team so much suffering, UNBELIEVABLE. Any other GM would have just given up on him already, or at least admit that he's best suited for a role off the bench and not sacrifice draft picks year after year for his sake.

Not overly mad anymore

We technically got more length on the perimeter and an athletic big...

we just need shooters.

Iggy, Brand, and maybe even Turner or Thad needs to be traded.

I can't wait for summer league tho..
so much overhype and overeaction.

awww yeeaah

Matrix

fuck this motherfucker

motherfucking ASIK from Dwight Howard? Eat fried shit Morey fuck you go texans

I'm kinda actually missing Carrol Dawson right now. Other gm's liked him, he didn't play this bs statistic game that has gotten us no where and he was able to pull off major trades.

Morey needs to catch a flight out of Houston and start fucking over some other team.

Also the calling of his players assets and we have a shitty coach... it's no wonder Dwight and superstars don't want to play in Houston any longer.

lol fuck Colangelo. Ross is a pretty bad pick even if Nash is coming. What does it matter if Nash MAY come to Toronto? It's not like he's going to be here for the long run. And if he does happen come, it means that we'll probably be picking in 15 to 20 range for the next few years where guys like Ross will be plentiful.

Raptors have nobody who can consistently take their man of the dribble, it's a god damn joke. Nobody here can create their shot. We already have a starting SG who can't handle the ball.

I would've been happier if we picked Rivers or Lamb instead. Or even Drummond, but that would mean that Colangelo has given up on his Bargnani fetish which of course will never happen. That one stupid ass pick has caused this team so much suffering, UNBELIEVABLE. Any other GM would have just given up on him already, or at least admit that he's best suited for a role off the bench and not sacrifice draft picks year after year for his sake.

Who needs dribbling in basketball though?

linsivvi

:LOL @ those Rockets memes. Morey should finish it off by adding best Gasol and putting him at C!

LOL. I think that's the minor move Moray is hinting at.

Rocket fans could really use some Gasol in their lives.

Soooo.. laker fans

we have an ariza look alike in ebanks

and a just drafted a guy with odom in his last name.

we asked for deron williams and we almost picked up mo williams

it's almost as if the front office is trolling the fans hard. -__ -

Don't you dare fall for the media blame game. Jim's got a plan.

pilonv1

And the fact that Barnes at one time was considered a top-three talent in this draft only makes the Warriors feel better about this pick.

“To give you a little anecdote,” Myers said, “when the sixth pick was made, it was Portland’s pick and (Damian) Lillard, and everybody saw that Barnes was available, my phone almost blew up with people calling, wanting our pick and wanting this player.

Ezeli, one of Jerry West’s hand-picked favorites, is very raw offensively, but he’s a proven shot-blocker and a true center.

And that’s a key asset for a team looking to add size, toughness and intensity, which were the mandates from both co-owner Joe Lacob and West.

“I will do whatever I have to do–I will run through a wall,” Ezeli said on his conference-call.

Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami

Andre Drummond was impressive personally when Lacob & Myers went to visit him this week. But the actual work-out? A debacle, apparently.

feels good man

Matrix

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/06/owner-alexander-calls-rockets-draft-picks-steals/

"For several entertaining, promising seasons with Yao Ming as the centerpiece star, opposing players shot glances toward Alexander as they made their way past his courtside seat at Toyota Center, trying to send unspoken messages.

“They used to stare at me the whole game because we had another star,” Alexander said. “They would just look at me and stare. Once, one player just sat down next to me. The same players would come back at me the next year after Yao was hurt and wouldn’t even look at me.”"

wow if thats not f-ing depressing as an owner

"He also believes the only changes needed are on the court.

“I think Daryl (Morey, Rockets general manager) has done a terrific job,” Alexander said. “Why would I want to change? I’m always getting that question for some reason. They expect him to get LeBron James tomorrow. That’s not happening.”

Sell the team Les! All we draft is PF's... terrific job my ass.

That whole article depresses and pisses me off.

Blondie

Neo Member

Pat Riley explains decision to trade first-round pick
:

Riley said that he chose to “defer our pick and our asset to next year. The players that we had on our board were not there at the time, and we felt we had a great option with Philly to get a future first next year.” That pick is lottery-protected for each of the next three years, but as Riley, “could be 10 or 11 (slots) better that what we had this year.”

– Riley said the trade didn’t have anything to do with the luxury tax, but the issue is that “roster spots are valuable, and we weren’t so sure someone could make our roster,” so better to have that spot available for a veteran.

– Riley said that center Justin Hamilton, the pick at No. 45, could go overseas. Miami is planning to bring back shot-blocker Jarvis Varnado, a former second-round pick, over from Europe, to play in summer league and possibly compete for a roster spot. Either way, don’t expect to see Hamilton in a Heat uniform this season.

– Riley said while Hamilton “is not an above-the-rim player,” he “has quick feet, takes up space.” The comparison, because of shooting ability? Michael Doleac, who played on the Heat’s 2006 championship team. The Heat had Hamilton in for a workout, and Riley felt the LSU product was the “best big on the floor that day.” Riley said he would have traded the No. 45 pick if there wasn’t anyone he liked.

– The major reason for the trade? It gives Miami a first-round pick as a potential trade asset, which could come in handy with the Heat missing its 2013 and 2015 first-rounders (due to the LeBron James sign-and-trade) and not allowed to deal its 2014 first-rounder.

SamuraiX-

PG - Isiah Thomas / Jimmer Fredette
SG - Tyreke Evans / Marcus Thornton / Francisco Garcia / John Salmons
SF - Terrence Williams / Tyler Honeycutt / Travis Outlaw
PF - Thomas Robinson / Jason Thompson
C - DeMarcus Cousins / Chuck Hayes / Hassan Whiteside

First trade move in my 2K13 Association --> Ship off a package of Salmons, Outlaw, Garcia, and a bag of dicks to the Bumcats for Jeff Taylor

You done fucked up now, DY

Smokey

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/06/owner-alexander-calls-rockets-draft-picks-steals/

"For several entertaining, promising seasons with Yao Ming as the centerpiece star, opposing players shot glances toward Alexander as they made their way past his courtside seat at Toyota Center, trying to send unspoken messages.

“They used to stare at me the whole game because we had another star,” Alexander said. “They would just look at me and stare. Once, one player just sat down next to me. The same players would come back at me the next year after Yao was hurt and wouldn’t even look at me.”"

wow if thats not f-ing depressing as an owner

"He also believes the only changes needed are on the court.

“I think Daryl (Morey, Rockets general manager) has done a terrific job,” Alexander said. “Why would I want to change? I’m always getting that question for some reason. They expect him to get LeBron James tomorrow. That’s not happening.”

Sell the team Les! All we draft is PF's... terrific job my ass.

That whole article depresses and pisses me off.

Its funny how the rockets are essentially in purgatory for not being bad or a badly run organization. I like lamb and royce as picks tho.

Motherfuckin asik doe man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom