• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Just started following Wolfson on twitter...much better than zgoda

I'm pretty sure Wolfson has more Wolves tidbits and stories. He was all over the Barea and Crawford stuff last year, even the stuff about how it was RJ Adelman chasing them, not Kahn.

But I like Jerry's outward contempt toward Kahn. His takes can be bad, though. Like his insistence that the team shouldn't "give up" on old man Wes.

I'm pretty sure Wolfson has more Wolves tidbits and stories. He was all over the Barea and Crawford stuff last year, even the stuff about how it was RJ Adelman chasing them, not Kahn.

But I like Jerry's outward contempt toward Kahn. His takes can be bad, though. Like his insistence that the team shouldn't "give up" on old man Wes.

I'm sure Wes is younger than you are. How dare you treat him with such disrespect?

Yup. Jerry is very opinionated but his bball takes suck. I think I recall him saying that Beasley has the most talent on the entire team this year. He also wasn't sold on whether Pek was good or was just being fed by RR

Dude also thought we could get a late 1st rounder for Wes. Uh huh.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yup. Jerry is very opinionated but his bball takes suck. I think I recall him saying that Beasley has the most talent on the entire team this year. He also wasn't sold on whether Pek was good or was just being fed by RR

Dude also thought we could get a late 1st rounder for Wes. Uh huh.

I still wouldn't say that's false.

Redux

Banned
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Bosh strained abdominal muscle
Kobe Bryant
Tyson Chandler
Anthony Davis
Kevin Durant
Rudy Gay
Eric Gordon
Blake Griffin
James Harden
Andre Iguodala
LeBron James
Kevin Love
Lamar Odom
Chris Paul
Russell Westbrook
Deron Williams

Highlighted --> Already on the team
Bold --> Who I expect to make the cut

G - Chris Paul / Deron Williams / Russell Westbrook / Kobe Bryant / Eric Gordon
F - Kevin Durant / LeBron James / Carmelo Anthony / Kevin Love / Blake Griffin
C - Tyson Chandler / Anthony Davis

This should be your best team. Everyone' pretty versatile and can run which you need in FIBA ball. Wouldn't surprise me to see a lot of those forwards like Durant, Love, James, and maybe Bitch-Griff playing at the center spot on occasion... unless of course Davis comes in and just tears it up.

Blake Griffin will proudly flop for his country.

A true patriot.

You can't honestly tell me there is no other big man/C/PF other than rookie Anthony Davis?

Bynum is American right? And Dwight Howard doesn't play Olympic ball.. no(why)? Sorry for my lack of knowledge :/

benjipwns

Banned
You can't honestly tell me there is no other big man/C/PF other than rookie Anthony Davis?

Bynum is American right? And Dwight Howard doesn't play Olympic ball.. no(why)? Sorry for my lack of knowledge :/
Howard had back surgery. And Bynum turned them down. He probably wants some time away from Kobe.

giga

Josh Smith, Roy Hibbert, Derrick Favors, Demarcus Cousins, LaMarcus Aldridge, Paul Millsap.

Bynum, Dwight, and Bosh are getting surgery/injured.

Smokey

I just can't help but be marveled by the Houston Rockets roster.

Total players: 15

8/15 of those players:
Terrence Jones PF
Jon Leuer F
Marcus Morris F
Chandler Parsons F
Patrick Patterson PF
Luis Scola PF
Diamon Simpson F
Royce White PF
Jon Brockman F

Whoa.

thing of beauty isn't it?

SamuraiX-

Comparing the freshman college seasons of Tyreke Evans and Tony Wroten is pretty funny.

0bocS.jpg

But don't worry, guys! All Wroten has to do is improve his decision making and learn how to give a little bit of a fuck and he'll be a Top 10 PG! Can't be that difficult, right?

Jdez15

Banned
I just noticed I miscounted. That's actually 9/15 players on the Rockets who are either tweeners or PFs.

By any chance, do you know what address I should use if I wanted to send a "thank you" letter to Chris Grant?

You might want to send one to Byron Scott. Scott told grant the past 3 weeks that he wanted Waiters. Broke tons of tape down, Byron Scott wanted him BAD. Which says a lot!

KG averaged 19/10 on 50% shooting in the playoffs.

He's still one of the top PFs in the league

He also has some of the oldest legs in the league on top of being 36. I would've only given the Big 3 one more year if that.

Edit: Call me crazy but this kid doesn't look like a total scrub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sORZ_zqHJEQ#!

Hopefully he pans out in the SL.

I also see Turiaf is probably not coming back. Picked up his option, apparently thinks hes worth more than the minimum.

Man, it looks like we're not even going to give Steve Nash a single damn thought. I want him just to keep him away from the other contending teams...

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
The Rockets are shopping everybody
The Houston Rockets are actively looking to trade veteran power forward Luis Scola, according to league sources briefed on Houston's plans.

Although a specific trade partner for Houston has not yet emerged, sources told ESPN.com that the Rockets -- stocked with big forwards after coming away with Royce White and Terrence Jones in the NBA draft earlier this week -- are working to find a new home for Scola as they rebuild their roster.

Veteran guards Kyle Lowry and Kevin Martin have also been made available in various trade scenarios by the Rockets as they continue to stockpile young assets as part of their well-chronicled intent to pursue Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard or another franchise player in trade scenarios.

Jdez15

Banned
Look, I actually supported Waiters as a risky but decent pick. However Cavs did not "win the draft" when you trade three picks for Zeller.

Pau Lust.

They traded 2 2nd round picks, and a late 1st. Cleveland's situation was better to get Zellers, then to have 3 more rookies on the team. We needed a big man, and we got him. I applaud it. Zellers was suppose to be an 11th pick, so they basically traded those picks for another lottery pick, which doesn't sound that bad.

DY_nasty

They traded 2 2nd round picks, and a late 1st. Cleveland's situation was better to get Zellers, then to have 3 more rookies on the team. We needed a big man, and we got him. I applaud it. Zellers was suppose to be an 11th pick, so they basically traded those picks for another lottery pick, which doesn't sound that bad.
Zeller is a fucking bum.

But this Zellers kid... he just might be the truth.

I think Ray-Ray is more likely. Possibly a big-man for the vet's minimum (J O'Neal rerun?).

lol there is absolutely no way we are going to even look at jermaine o'neal

after he basically didn't play in the first playoffs and grabbed like 5 rebounds in 5 games against the celtics the organization exiled him from memory forever

benjipwns

Banned
The only fly in the ointment is whether Toronto abandons its all-out pursuit of Nash and turns to Lin, the NBA’s first Chinese-American. Toronto has the league’s largest Asian community. The Raptors can offer Lin a maximum $5 million in each of the first two years, then balloon to a maximum $15 million in the third year in what’s known as a back-loaded offer. Or poison pill. That would destroy the Knicks from a luxury-tax standpoint.
lol

DY_nasty

In what world was Zeller ever a lottery pick?

Edit: The only place that I can think of was NBADraft.net, but that's a parody site.

Jdez15

Banned
In what world was Zeller ever a lottery pick?

Edit: The only place that I can think of was NBADraft.net, but that's a parody site.

There was some mock drafts on ESPN that had him at 11th, I'm not saying he is worth the 11th, I was just stating that fact.

DY_nasty

There was some mock drafts on ESPN that had him at 11th, I'm not saying he is worth the 11th, I was just stating that fact.
I'm sure plenty of people at ESPN think that Jamison can still play - that doesn't mean anything though.

Anyone that had him above Meyers Leonard is an idiot. Plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom