• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toronto should make a run at Pau Gasol if they can get Steve Nash.

Don't know if Toronto would do this deal but it works.

Gasol
World Peace

for

DeRozan
Calderon
Bargnani

ti-laughing.gif

Jdez15

Banned
MKG is going to be in tears 24/7, heard he cried after every loss in his career, not even kidding. Like the kid, he doesnt like to lose at all.

And I will flip my shit if we match anything

I know he doesn't want to stay in Charlotte, but if we don't have a backup in mind I won't mind if we offer him up to $6 million. He's not worth more than that though.

MKG is going to be in tears 24/7, heard he cried after every loss in his career, not even kidding. Like the kid, he doesnt like to lose at all.

He isn't bitch made, losing is going to motivate him beyond belief to get better. So watch the hell out NBA, MKG is coming for you.

Jdez15

Banned
I know he doesn't want to stay in Charlotte, but if we don't have a backup in mind I won't mind if we offer him up to $6 million. He's not worth more than that though.

He isn't bitch made, losing is going to motivate him beyond belief to get better. So watch the hell out NBA, MKG is coming for you.

Just the fact that he knows he's a Bobcat will be motivating him.

Hopefully it all works out for you guys. I like MKG, he's a special talent.

I feel ya, I always root for the down and out. I can't wait for when Miami, Boston, LA, New York, etc. start to decline and the young, building teams start to take over. I give it another 3 to 5 years, it'll be worth the wait.

SamuraiX-

The Oklahoma City Thunder and coach Scott Brooks are closing in on a new contract after drawn-out negotiations, according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com on Friday night that Brooks and the Thunder, after slow-moving talks that had left the sides well apart by the end of the NBA Finals earlier this month, soon will finalize a new four-year deal to follow up the contract that expires Saturday.

I'm so sorry, Gondo.

So fellas, I missed the last games of the Finals and the Draft (been super busy).

What did I miss?

Were there meltdowns? Bannings? Did hilarity ensue?

Also, congrats to ph33nix, MiamiWesker and M.O.B. on their win.

SamuraiX-

So fellas, I missed the last games of the Finals and the Draft (been super busy).

What did I miss?

Were there meltdowns? Bannings? Did hilarity ensue?

Also, congrats to ph33nix, MiamiWesker and M.O.B. on their win.

All of the above.

You would not be disappointed if you took some time to skim through the last 50 pages or so. NBA Draft is always the best time of the year with NBA GAF.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
He reportedly turned down 3 years at 6.5 mil per at the deadline.

I love DJ. But gtfo. We got games to lose and people to not pay. We got a good tank going right now. Last thing I want to see is Cho hand out a Calderon deal and force me to be like a dirty Raptors fan.

He reportedly turned down 3 years at 6.5 mil per at the deadline.

I love DJ. But gtfo. We got games to lose and people to not pay. We got a good tank going right now. Last thing I want to see is Cho hand out a Calderon deal and force me to be like a dirty Raptors fan.

If he turned down 3 years at 6.5 per, well............bye.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If he turned down 3 years at 6.5 per, well...

At the time, his agent was implying that he was going to get a good offer from Portland (in the realm of 8 mil per according another guy) but that was a long time ago. The draft didn't really include Lilliard at the time and the demand for point guards around the league was very different than it is now now.

giri

And what's the alternative? another half assed tanking job to pick a guy like Ross? Or some unknown European? At least it won't be painful and pointless to watch games.

Congrats to Raptors fans that want this to happen.

You'll be stuck with Brian Collangelo for another 5 years.

Yup. Thats what this is really about, Collangelo saving his job.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Woj:

Former Portland Trail Blazers star Brandon Roy has narrowed his free-agent finalists to the Chicago Bulls, Dallas Mavericks, Indiana Pacers, Minnesota Timberwolves and Golden State Warriors, league sources said. He expects to hold meetings with those teams over the next several days.

Roy and his agent, Greg Lawrence of Wasserman Media Group, are likely to host officials from most, if not all, of the teams in Roy’s hometown of Seattle, sources said. Each of the finalists have connections that intrigue Roy, sources said.

jjasper

One of the best defensive teams in the NBA over the past two seasons is going on a major offensive in free agency.

The Grizzlies have made veteran sharpshooter Ray Allen a prime offseason target and planned to contact him late Saturday night in the first step of what promises to be a strong pursuit of the NBA's all-time leading three-point shooter.

Well at least Pera will learn early on in the process no free agent will every come here and you have to do everything by trading and drafting.

Also we are willingly going to go into tax land this year. Wonder how long that lasts.

Woj:

Former Portland Trail Blazers star Brandon Roy has narrowed his free-agent finalists to the Chicago Bulls, Dallas Mavericks, Indiana Pacers, Minnesota Timberwolves and Golden State Warriors, league sources said. He expects to hold meetings with those teams over the next several days.

Roy and his agent, Greg Lawrence of Wasserman Media Group, are likely to host officials from most, if not all, of the teams in Roy’s hometown of Seattle, sources said. Each of the finalists have connections that intrigue Roy, sources said.
Come to the Puppies. Replace Less Johnson.

Woj:

Roy would be good in Chitown when Rose gets back. What type of deal is he looking for? He could start at SG for my team any day.

SamuraiX-

Unfortunately for Waiters, despite his pick-and-roll and transition prowess, he's struggled to consistently perform at a high level in most other areas of offense this season, most notably showing troubles consistently contributing in the half court against top competition. While Waiters possesses good ball-handling skills, excellent body control, and flashes of potent jump-shooting ability, he doesn't have a true go-to skill in the half court if unable to simply overpower his man, while also being plagued by errant decision-making at times.

Sounds like a Top 5 caliber pick to me!

Great fans that draw swastikas on posters of their jewish players.

Let's use the lowest common denominator to represent an entire population!

Great fans that draw swastikas on posters of their jewish players.

Lol, I forgot about Omri Casspi but seriously, that was an isolated thing. I mean, sac town had consistent sell outs even when the team sucked and had sellout season tickets for like 18 of the Kings' 26 years in Sac.

SamuraiX-

I guess we should only use the really good examples so that it hides the really bad then. Because thats totally awesome and realistic.

Or you could, you know, look at the greater distribution of the normal, respectable fans who show up to the games, rallies, etc. and always show their love and support for the team and players.

But nah, let's just focus on the racist degenerates who probably never even gave two shits about the team and the players in the first place.

I'm guessing you don't have an opinion on Marshall, Giri? I'm just praying we don't throw a bunch of money at Ray Allen. I will rage so hard if he comes here with Nash gone. I'd still be annoyed if Nash stays and Allen comes because I really want to rebuild but at least Nash would be the perfect guy to groom Marshall's talents for a few years so he's ready to take over when the time comes. I'd hope this is just rumors and hearsay, but Babby has said they have targets in mind and we all know that PHX is the destination of over the hill stars.

parasight

Giving Nash a 3yr/36mil is fine by me. KG got paid just under that, and he's more broken than Nash is. Nash will help all of our younger talent develop, which is the biggest benefit of signing him. Then we can look for our future PG next season. I just hope we find the SF we're looking for. We'll still have around 10 million to play with if we amnesty Jose.

giri

Yeah, the winner is left with an uninsurable multiyear deal on a guy that looked cooked 2 years ago.

Essentially. And realistically, any team that signs him has to be mentally deficient. His injury has no way of getting better. That blood treatment might make the pain go away for a while, but he's meant to be in his prime now, where he's probably going to be playing like a 32 or 34 year old. He'll have his uses, just very limited ones.

I'm guessing you don't have an opinion on Marshall, Giri? I'm just praying we don't throw a bunch of money at Ray Allen. I will rage so hard if he comes here with Nash gone. I'd still be annoyed if Nash stays and Allen comes because I really want to rebuild but at least Nash would be the perfect guy to groom Marshall's talents for a few years so he's ready to take over when the time comes. I'd hope this is just rumors and hearsay, but Babby has said they have targets in mind and we all know that PHX is the destination of over the hill stars.

I don't have an opinion on Marshal. He could be another telfair or another conley/rondo. It's pretty up in the air.

There is literally no one the suns could "target" to save the franchise as the roster currently is. Just accept it and rebuild. It's ok, most fans will understand. Just don't fuck the rebuild up.

Getting Ray would have been great. 4 years ago. Now? Terrible.

Giving Nash a 3yr/36mil is fine by me. KG got paid just under that, and he's more broken than Nash is. Nash will help all of our younger talent develop, which is the biggest benefit of signing him. Then we can look for our future PG next season. I just hope we find the SF we're looking for. We'll still have around 10 million to play with if we amnesty Jose.

lol.

just

lol.

Raps fans are so delusional about this. Bringing Nash in is only being done for one reason. Saving Collangelo's ass. There is no other plan behind this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom