• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
What the heck at that Garnett contract. Is Ainge high?

The way he played this year he will earn all of that salary in the next 2 seasons.

It's only considered an overpay because hes 36 years old. He means a ton to the Celtics both on and off the court. Yeah theres one year too many on that contract but who gives a shit.

giri

The way he played this year he will earn all of that salary in the next 2 seasons.

It's only considered an overpay because hes 36 years old. He means a ton to the Celtics both on and off the court. Yeah theres one year too many on that contract but who gives a shit.

He won't earn all of that pay.

He can't play the 5 for a full 82 game season.

That money needed to be spent getting a supporting cast for them.

IF they could have that is, i don't know what their cap room was.

But they're done and will regret that contract.

Emwitus

Okay, I'm confused. Why did MN refuse the trade offer for beasely from the lakers if they expected to let him go? Hate?

SamuraiX-

If Danny Ferry can trade Joe Johnson's contract, he should get GM of the Year.
The Nets are trying to trade for Iso Joe, lmfao, Billy King is the worst GM ever.
Danny ferry already trying to ship joe johnson to the nyets fuck yeah!

Damn beaten

You really should give Ferry GM of the Year already just for keeping the Nets from hanging up the phone on any deal with the name "Joe Johnson" in it.

Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
D-Will confirmed that he'll meet with Nets & Mavs Monday. He said he's leaning toward 1 of the teams but wouldn't say which one.
8 minutes ago

Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
I just spoke with @DeronWilliams by telephone. He denied reports that he and Jason Kidd have decided to play for the same team.

Emwitus

Which trade? If it was after the season ended Minnesota can't trade Beasley because he's a FA to be.

Right before the trade deadline this previous season. Looks like MorisUkunRasik is right, they might have been trying to unload blake too. Maybe that's why.

SamuraiX-

Holy shit. The Nets have $38.7 million in free cap space?

smfh if all that is wasted on The 120 Million Dollar Man and Deron still leaves.

RBH

Brooklyn and Atlanta are engaged in talks on a possible Joe Johnson trade, sources tell Y! Nets plan would be to pair with Deron Williams.
https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/219239326012280832

iYTvCN7azyUS7.gif
iYTvCN7azyUS7.gif
iYTvCN7azyUS7.gif

And what's the alternative? another half assed tanking job to pick a guy like Ross? Or some unknown European? At least it won't be painful and pointless to watch games.

How about Colangelo doing a proper tank job and go for the best talent available like Drummond? And it's going to be painful again in 2 years when Nash is 40 and retires or hops onto a contender.

benjipwns

Banned

smfh if all that is wasted on The 120 Million Dollar Man and Deron still leaves.
They could be even lower than that. Technically only two players are required to come back if they aren't traded: Marshon Brooks and Jordan Williams.

They have Deron, Wallace, Humphries, Farmar, Stevenson all expiring/opted-out and Lopez up for QO as well.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
A JoeyJoJo trade would likely have to invovle a S&T'd Brook Lopez

both teams lost hard my man

If Atlanta decides that they're just blowing it up, they don't have to take any contracts back as Brooklyn can just absorb his contract straight up.

Then the Hawks would be a really good spot next summer, with Horford and Williams being the only guys on the books.

a team built around Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace? They can use the rest of their cap space to build a time machine and travel back to 2007 where they'd be a 5 seed.

DCX

DCX
Knicks-GAF breaks down into 3 groups, I'm going to have to see the Team jpeg to see exactly who is who:

Originals: Guys posting since Isiah Days
Post-Amare: Guys who started posting after Knicks signed STAT
Post-Carmelo Trade: Guys who started posting after Knicks traded for Carmelo/Billups

You also have a subfaction called the Denver Knicks, but I don't want to waste time talking about those bastard fans.

Sounds about right. I'll let you place me, but i'm pretty sure i know where i will end up.

DCX

You really should give Ferry GM of the Year already just for keeping the Nets from hanging up the phone on any deal with the name "Joe Johnson" in it.

I don't know if you've noticed, but the Nets are really, really dumb.

I'm so disappointed Prokhorov's real-life evil mastermind skills haven't translated to the NBA. He's like a front office Duke player.

They aren't going to trade for him unless Deron is staying.

Good for them, that's one less situation for Howard. If the Nets are no longer in the hunt it's basically sign long term with the Magic, or the Magic take a Rockets deal or LA deal. He's not gonna take less money at the end of the season to go to Dallas with only Dirk.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Gerald Wallace and Josh Smith on the same team

some things should just never happen

Sounds about right. I'll let you place me, but i'm pretty sure i know where i will end up.

DCX
Dude, you don't even have to ask; you KNOW where you are.
If the Nets do that deal Prokorhov and whatever idiot is GM for the Nets are the worst Owner/GM combo in the NBA. For all the shit the Knicks get I'm stupefied how the Nets have escaped ridicule on GAF the last 3 years. The horrible record, signing Travis Outlaw, the terrible drafts (before last year)... all that was before the Blueprint For Greatness volley at the Knicks.

benjipwns

Banned
For all the shit the Knicks get I'm stupefied how the Nets have escaped ridicule on GAF the last 3 years. The horrible record, signing Travis Outlaw, the terrible drafts (before last year)... all that was before the Blueprint For Greatness volley at the Knicks.
It's the Nets.

Dude, you don't even have to ask; you KNOW where you are.

If the Nets do that deal Prokorhov and whatever idiot is GM for the Nets are the worst Owner/GM combo in the NBA. For all the shit the Knicks get I'm stupefied how the Nets have escaped ridicule on GAF the last 3 years. The horrible record, signing Travis Outlaw, the terrible drafts (before last year)... all that was before the Blueprint For Greatness volley at the Knicks.

Only because they had a legitimate shot at landing Dwight Howard. If that happens then it all paid off. But they're taking their lumps over the dumb Wallace trade, and if Deron walks then they'll enter NY as a laughing stock.

A laughing stock that will sell out every game in their new building, but the people there will totally be chuckling at them.

According to Broussard, Dwight officially met with Orlando and told them he wants to be traded to Brooklyn.

Apparently Prokhorov is not one to be chuckled at.

giri

126Million.

If Atlanta decides that they're just blowing it up, they don't have to take any contracts back as Brooklyn can just absorb his contract straight up.

Then the Hawks would be a really good spot next summer, with Horford and Williams being the only guys on the books.

Good spot is only relative where they currently are. And apparently they're even willing to trade Horford too. Who ever got Horford could be in a really good spot, as long as they don't put him at the 5. (Would be good along side Dwight.)

Oh if you're making a list
Make sure you put me under jazz, thunder, heat, rockets, lakers, bulls, and celtics

Why limit your self to just 1/3 of the league. Go for a full half atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom