• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Well at least Pera will learn early on in the process no free agent will every come here and you have to do everything by trading and drafting.

Also we are willingly going to go into tax land this year. Wonder how long that lasts.
Grizz needs a consistent three point threat and since OJ Mayo's on the way out, Ray Allen would be a great pick up. Experience + consistent jump shooting is a must to go along with Z-Bo and Gasol. Still, I seriously doubt he'd sign with the Grizz. I think he's leaning toward the Heat, but they can't afford him without going into luxury taxland too since they won't be amnestying Miller. The next 24-48 hours should be great!

Woj:

Former Portland Trail Blazers star Brandon Roy has narrowed his free-agent finalists to the Chicago Bulls, Dallas Mavericks, Indiana Pacers, Minnesota Timberwolves and Golden State Warriors, league sources said. He expects to hold meetings with those teams over the next several days.

Roy and his agent, Greg Lawrence of Wasserman Media Group, are likely to host officials from most, if not all, of the teams in Roy’s hometown of Seattle, sources said. Each of the finalists have connections that intrigue Roy, sources said.

Man, who will be the lucky team to win the chance to pay Brandon Roy while he doesn't play?

SamuraiX-

Giving Nash a 3yr/36mil is fine by me. KG got paid just under that, and he's more broken than Nash is. Nash will help all of our younger talent develop, which is the biggest benefit of signing him. Then we can look for our future PG next season. I just hope we find the SF we're looking for. We'll still have around 10 million to play with if we amnesty Jose.

Raps aren't using the amnesty on Calderon. He's expiring this season.

Better off using that shit on Bargs or ADVANCEDSTAT.

I don't have an opinion on Marshal. He could be another telfair or another conley/rondo. It's pretty up in the air.

There is literally no one the suns could "target" to save the franchise as the roster currently is. Just accept it and rebuild. It's ok, most fans will understand. Just don't fuck the rebuild up.

Getting Ray would have been great. 4 years ago. Now? Terrible.

From the footage I've watched (not just stupid highlights that make everyone look good) and things I've heard from some SC fans including a few in this thread with honest assessments, I feel fairly optimistic but fans will have to be patient because there is no talent for him to pass to right now. Unfortunately, most fans are stupid and will probably bitch even though Nash couldn't even get us in the playoffs with these scrubs. I actually hope we don't get anyone and tank for top 5 picks the next few seasons. Sarver will try to grab scrubs to keep fans in the seat, however which concerns me. Allen seems like just the thing he'd do. Would be an amazing start if we could grab that Shazz kid everyone keeps talking about next year if he's as good as advertised.

Jdez15

Banned
The Heat should be relocated, after Wade and Bron are gone of course, Miami is a miserable place for Baseball and Basketball.

They have good teams and barely give a shit.

Marlins are doing alright, but their fanbase is so careless. They don't deserve the teams they have.

Jdez15

Banned
lol neocavs

364_original.gif

UDFAs Knicks should sign/invite to Training Camp:
Scott Machado
Hollis Thompson
Scoop Jardine

Machado has an invite from The Hornets on the table.

Go play with a team that's on the rise that you could potentially have a role with and grow alongside Rivers/Davis

or

Go play fuckball with a mess of an organization who will peak this season and who after dick riding Lin are willing to murder him if it meant getting Steve Nash.

So wolves trying to put Beasley and Williams in a package for Pau.

calderon wants to come to LA with Pau if Nash signs in toronto.

So many rumors...

Vire

Hah, so I was going through some old basketball cards this morning and I saw I had Ray Allen and Marcus Camby on the front page from 1996/7...

How funny would it be if the Heat pick them up in the off-season in 2012 - 16 years later.

Hah, so I was going through some old basketball cards this morning and I saw I had Ray Allen and Marcus Camby on the front page from 1996/7...

How funny would it be if the Heat pick them up in the off-season in 2012 - 16 years later.

Five top-5 picks from the 2003 and 1996 drafts combined? I like it.

Jdez15

Banned

Hilarious.

So wolves trying to put Beasley and Williams in a package for Pau.

calderon wants to come to LA with Pau if Nash signs in toronto.

So many rumors...

Trick Calderon with promises to fulfill his Pau lust.

LA - Jose
TOR - Metta, Blake

Then

LA - Bease, DWill, Luke Ridnour
Min - Pau

Jose/Sess/Luke
Kobe/Glock/Johnson-Odom
Dwill/Bease/Ebanks
Hill/McBob
Bynum

...what a mess.

It'd be so much easier and cleaner to just trade Bynum for a player to complement Kobe and Pau in their last remaining years. Stupid fucking Jim Buss.

BobLoblaw

Banned
It'd be so much easier and cleaner to just trade Bynum for a player to complement Kobe and Pau in their last remaining years. Stupid fucking Jim Buss.
I've been saying this for months. Buss is dumb as hell. Bynum's got no heart. He's like the fucking tin man in the wizard of oz. They could get so much value for trading him that it just boggles my mind that since he's 7 feet he's not gonna be traded. I'll take a 6'10 guy that plays with passion and pride over a heartless 7 footer any day. And I'm not a Lakers fan at all.

Yea,

Deron/Sessions
Kobe/Glock/Johnson-Odom
Metta/Ebanks
Pau/McBob
Hill/Pau/Sacre

Would be better than most rosters Mitch could put together through Pau trades.

Go play with a team that's on the rise that you could potentially have a role with and grow alongside Rivers/Davis

or

Go play fuckball with a mess of an organization who will peak this season and who after dick riding Lin are willing to murder him if it meant getting Steve Nash.
So basically if he gets an offer from NY he'll sign with the Knicks. Cool.

or

I'm going to sick Knicks-gaf's own guard dog Frankman on you.

Jdez15

Banned

or

The Hornets? The ones that have Davis and Rivers who havent played a game yet hornets?
mj-laughing.gif

So basically if he gets an offer from NY he'll sign with the Knicks. Cool.

Not a bad choice really if he actually gets court time. Playing well in NY would probably do more for his stock than playing well in Nola. With Jarret and Rivers likely to get all of the PG minutes, he could actually get a decent amount of time backing up Lin.

I'm going to sick Knicks-gaf's own guard dog Frankman on you.
You want to get demoted to LLL-territory, newbie? You don't speak out of turn against one of the 4 pillars of Knicks-GAF.
Not a bad choice really if he actually gets court time. Playing well in NY would probably do more for his stock than playing well in Nola. With Jarret and Rivers likely to get all of the PG minutes, he could actually get a decent amount of time backing up Lin.
He'll do good with NOLA. Knicks don't seem to be offering any contracts to UDFAs yet.

The Hornets? The ones that have Davis and Rivers who havent played a game yet hornets?
mj-laughing.gif

Their future is much brighter than New York's, but like I said after your post. He could very well get more minutes in NY granted he's able to play at an NBA level.

Not sure how claiming Nola has a brighter future than The Knicks is MJ-gif worthy. Neocavs? Probably Neocavs.

Jdez15

Banned
Their future is much brighter than New York's, but like I said after your post. He could very well get more minutes in NY granted he's able to play at an NBA level.

Not sure how claiming Nola has a brighter future than The Knicks is MJ-gif worthy. Neocavs? Probably Neocavs.

It's just funny how everyone is giving these guys credit before even playing a game.

Who else is in Knicks GAF, any notable users?
Knicks-GAF breaks down into 3 groups, I'm going to have to see the Team jpeg to see exactly who is who:

Originals: Guys posting since Isiah Days
Post-Amare: Guys who started posting after Knicks signed STAT
Post-Carmelo Trade: Guys who started posting after Knicks traded for Carmelo/Billups

You also have a subfaction called the Denver Knicks, but I don't want to waste time talking about those bastard fans.

Jdez15

Banned
Knicks-GAF breaks down into 3 groups, I'm going to have to see the Team jpeg to see exactly who is who:

Originals: Guys posting since Isiah Days
Post-Amare: Guys who started posting after Knicks signed STAT
Post-Carmelo Trade: Guys who started posting after Knicks traded for Carmelo/Billups

You also have a subfaction called the Denver Knicks, but I don't want to waste time talking about those bastard fans.
Hmmm, interesting

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Brooklyn and Atlanta are engaged in talks on a possible Joe Johnson trade, sources tell Y! Nets plan would be to pair with Deron Williams.

Both Hawks and Nets are engaged in talks on several fronts. No deal close on Johnson, but sides have gone back and forth on possibility.

If Danny Ferry can trade Joe Johnson's contract, he should get GM of the Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom