• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only because they had a legitimate shot at landing Dwight Howard. If that happens then it all paid off. But they're taking their lumps over the dumb Wallace trade, and if Deron walks then they'll enter Brooklyn as a laughing stock.

A laughing stock that will sell out every game in their new building, but the people there will totally be chuckling at them.

Apparently Prokhorov is not one to be chuckled at.
I trust nothing Dwight Howard says. Tomorrow he'll want to stay with Orlando. Monday he'll want to be traded to the Lakers.

Also I'd wait to see the team once they get there before I say they'll have nightly sellouts.

Dwight Howard met with new Magic GM Rob Hennigan Friday in LA. Howard told Hennigan he wants to be traded to Brooklyn Nets, sources say.
Hennigan did not tell Howard whether he would or would not trade him; he just heard Howard out.
@Chris_Broussard

The Coward wants what the coward wants.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
What's this I hear about The Rockets offering K Mart and young players for Eric Gordon in a sign trade.

WTF
Eric Gordon can't stay healthy anyways.

Kevin Martin stint, part of the PFArmy, a top 5 protected pick for EG... sounds fair.

I'm knicks gaf for a long time.

Kyrie is a star in the making. Intelligent and charismatic. He would be good for the league.
I don't which -age is worst at gauging talent. Knicks-age or lakers-age. I say your people because y'all made some dumbshit remarks about certain rookies over the years.

I bet if we all get on his twitter at once we can peer pressure him into becoming a King.
NBA-GAF... let's bombard his Twitter account and make it happen:

https://twitter.com/DwightHoward
I don't which -age is worst at gauging talent. Knicks-age or lakers-age. I say your people because y'all made some dumbshit remarks about certain rookies over the years.
a) you don't think Kyrie can be a star?
b) Lakers-GAF and it's not close. Still waiting for Darius Morris ALL STAR and GOD LOCK!

giri

What's this I hear about The Rockets offering K Mart and young players for Eric Gordon in a sign trade.

WTF

So they're offering Kevin Martin and 3 PF's for Eric Gordon?

Why would the Hornetts want to do that Trade?

Eric Gordon is about 10x the player Martin is. And both are injury Prone. There's literally no incentive to do that trade.

Hey bro, I predicted Bynum would be a star when everyone was making fun of Mitch for not taking Sean May. Check the 05 Draft Thread. DO IT.

So they're offering Kevin Martin and 3 PF's for Eric Gordon?

Why would the Hornetts want to do that Trade?

Eric Gordon is about 10x the player Martin is. And both are injury Prone. There's literally no incentive to do that trade.

Stern vetoes the trade and Martin ends up in NOLA anyway I will fucking RAGE.

Howard picked up the option for the final year of his contract with Orlando on March 15. But since then, he has grown increasingly disgruntled with the organization, even telling people close to him that he feels the Magic blackmailed him into signing the "opt-in" clause.

Howard shared his feelings of being blackmailed by the Magic with the NBA Players Association last week, sources said. He -- either himself or through his representatives -- approached the union wondering if he might have a legal complaint against the club.

The goal of such a complaint would be to eliminate his "opt-in," thereby allowing Howard to become a free agent this summer.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8118159/sources-dwight-howard-tells-orlando-magic-gm-wants-trade-brooklyn-nets

giri

There should be a moratorium in this thread on Dwight Howard garbage until there is real news.

Essentially. But then you could say that for all the stupid trade rumours for D-Will, Nash, Allen .

But then we'd have nothing to post about.

Apart from the amazing smoke screen job Collangelo is doing.

balddemon

Banned
really tho, just the jazz will be fine lol. i'm only gonna sport thunder colors in the playoffs until the jazz make it past the 1st round

giri

really tho, just the jazz will be fine lol. i'm only gonna sport thunder colors in the playoffs until the jazz make it past the 1st round

Is that because you don't want to have to be the best player on your team, and have to carry the load night in, night out, and have to be the best player?

SMH Baldy. You're above this.

Just come out of your closet. Say you're a jazz fan. Make Kar Mahloan proud.

I really don't understand Howard. If he wanted to be in Brooklyn so bad, WHY THE FUCK DID YOU SIGN THE OPTION!?!? You could have walked there this offseason. Instead you expect your team to take Brooklyns's shit sandwich in return for you? What the fuck is wrong with this guy? I mean, his inability to wear a condom and not skeet in every random woman he fucks should have told us he's not the smartest guy in the world, but damn.

SamuraiX-

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Updated story on Nets pursuit of Joe Johnson, and aggressive talks with Houston for Luis Scola. http://t.co/SMZF7Ii1

So assuming everything goes the way the Nets are hoping for:

PG - Deron Williams
SG - Joe Johnson
SF - Who gives a flying fuck
PF - Luis Scola
C - Dwight Howard

That actually... might be a legit contender in the East.

I really don't understand Howard. If he wanted to be in Brooklyn so bad, WHY THE FUCK DID YOU SIGN THE OPTION!?!? You could have walked there this offseason. Instead you expect your team to take Brooklyns's shit sandwich in return for you? What the fuck is wrong with this guy? I mean, his inability to wear a condom and not skeet in every random woman he fucks should have told us he's not the smartest guy in the world, but damn.

I swear if the magic end up taking back new jersey's garbage just so Howard can have his way. The Rockets are devoid of any sort of star but I know we could put together any package that beats what Orlando would end up taking.

image.png

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So assuming everything goes the way the Nets are hoping for:

PG - Deron Williams
SG - Joe Johnson
SF - Who gives a flying fuck
PF - Luis Scola
C - Dwight Howard

That actually... might be a legit contender in the East.
H8Xec.jpg

balddemon

Banned
vCGIW.jpg

these are my two favorite players in the history of the game, it's ok guys, i'm kidding edit: about bandwagoning thunder during june

SamuraiX-

I still can't get over this picture. I mean, how many fucking kilos of heroin has he been through in the last couple of years?

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
If the Nets don't do a deal for Joe Johnson, they're considering a significant offer for Memphis shooting guard O.J. Mayo, Y! sources said.

smfh @ Mehyo starting on an NBA team.

@MySportsLegion
As or source tells me, Nets would send Jordan Farmar, Johan Petro & a sign and trade w/either Humphries or Wallace (both FA's) for Johnson.

Farmar has a Player Option.

Unless the new CBA has changed, you can't pair a sign-and-trade player with others to facilitate a trade. If you're sending more than the S&T player, it has to be done in seperate deals and each deal has to meet CBA requirements. which by the way has gotten more complicated due to the new tax rules.

Farmar has a Player Option.

Unless the new CBA has changed, you can't pair a sign-and-trade player with others to facilitate a trade. If you're sending more than the S&T player, it has to be done in seperate deals and each deal has to meet CBA requirements. which by the way has gotten more complicated due to the new tax rules.

He opted in.

If the Nets don't do a deal for Joe Johnson, they're considering a significant offer for Memphis shooting guard O.J. Mayo, Y! sources said.

The gift that keeps on giving.

SamuraiX-

Don't be daft, they're not taking on more dollars for Wright.

Come on, do you really want to talk nickles and dimes? You could have 7 years of NBA veteran experience and leadership here!

Cisco can give you 20 minutes a night of his "imacutyou" face vs. the refs. Never have to worry about 5v8 games ever again!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
22 minutes away from the end of an era

will the Orlando Summer League be streamed online again?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Dwight take a few shots at LeBron in his first year with the Heat regarding his decision and leaving his team, even calling himself "loyal"?

joke's on you now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom