• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
The Lakers could just trade him for the TPE without trading Hill, though. I don't get the benefit of it. And the Lakers are capped by the rules on how much they can offer Hill, which renders it kind of useless (for salary matching).

I'm guessing Kahn didn't know WTF he was doing. Again.

Warriors might offer Hill a big contract, though. LOL Turiaf x 2
I imagine they were trying to get something out of the Lakers for dumping Beasley into that TPE, since as you noted they could just get Hill. Lakers must have wanted Beasley more.

Assuming the Kahn is a moron theory doesn't carry the day of course.

pilonv1

Warriors might offer Hill a big contract, though. LOL Turiaf x 2

Only have MLE and need a veteran point guard more than anything. Unless the have the bi-annual exemption or something.

It would be funny to have Steph and the guy drafted by the Knicks after him though.

linsivvi

Because Nash isn't going to the Raptors just to develop their young players. He has already said he wants to contend.

If he wanted to develop players, he'd retire and become a coach.

I think he might have changed his tone a little bit. Obviously he'd prefer to go to a contending team, but I think he's warming up to the idea of playing for his country's team.

"There's positives to every situation," Nash said. "The Raptors would be one of those teams where you're probably not going there to win a championship in the next three years. For me it'd be going home to Canada, to a great city, and trying to help an organization move forward.

"I'm open to the positives of all of them. It'd be great if four or five contenders came after me and all offered me a deal, but the reality is I might not get that opportunity. So I'm going to look at every opportunity and Toronto will be one that I'll study as well and look at the opportunity for them to grow in the next three years and what kind of impact I can have on that team. And obviously from a community standpoint, it's a special place for me."

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Bu-bu-but the new CBA was supposed to fix all the overpaying and bad contracts to shit players!

The CBA that the hardliner teams wanted was supposed to do that. This compromise? Not so much. Contracts will be shorter and teams will have more flexibility, but it won't stop the size of contracts just how flexible/movable they are.

The CBA that the hardliner teams wanted was supposed to do that. This compromise? Not so much. Contracts will be shorter and teams will have more flexibility, but it won't stop the size of contracts just how flexible/movable they are.

it just stops luxury tax teams from offering these deals. And it's harder for over the cap teams, too.

Still, the contracts are smaller. Even if the contracts are bigger, because they get a lower percentage, the owners take back money at the end of the year.

Holy crap dwight! What the what!! LOL

??

lol, i didn't see any of this. Got home and was just checking the current page here and reporters.

fucking dwight. what a moron.

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
No word yet on whether Raptors pitch to Nash includes appearance from Canadian comics Terrance & Phillip

heh.

Man, all dwight needs is a 1 hour program called "The Trade" and he will officially clinch the douche title.

Omega

Banned
Fuck Dwight.

This clown is a cancer to the sport and I'm fucking tired of hearing about him. Someone needs to just shove a dick in his mouth and tape it shut..

Holy crap dwight! What the what!! LOL
image.php

So is the "Peer Pressure Dwight on Twitter to Want to be Traded to the Kings" plan a go?

Emwitus

lol, i didn't see any of this. Got home and was just checking the current page here and reporters.

fucking dwight. what a moron.

heh.

Man, all dwight needs is a 1 hour program called "The Trade" and he will officially clinch the douche title.

LOL. Dwight is crazy. What a big baby.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
AWoj said:
Y! Sources: The Orlando Magic have decided to begin engaging in trade discussions for Dwight Howard. tinyurl.com/7cxpdod

benjipwns

Banned
Ken Berger: While we're on the topic, league sources say free-agent PG Goran Dragic also is looking for a deal that starts in the $10M range.
yep
Sam Amick: Not to spoil the fun for suitors of restricted free agent Eric Gordon, but source says N. Orleans will match max offer if he gets one
yep yep

linsivvi

Everybody called it the moment he opted in a few months ago.

Orlando should've just traded him before the trade deadline instead of going through the same shit all over again.

I would trade him to a team that is willing to use him as a rental or I would let him waste a year of his career in Orlando. There's no way I would let him dictate where he wants to go. One of the front offices is going to have to step up in the NBA and simply greet demands with the word "no".

dragic at $10 million. LOLOL

Not surprised Orlando trading Dwight. I think they've completely over him.

Will be interesting to see what NJ does to get him. Too bad Lakers now out of Deron and Dwight as a result.

I would trade him to a team that is willing to use him as a rental or I would let him waste a year of his career in Orlando. There's no way I would let him dictate where he wants to go. One of the front offices is going to have to step up in the NBA and simply greet demands with the word "no".

If he walks for nothing, that's pretty bad. And no one is going to give up enough to rent him, IMO.

pilonv1

Deal or yearly salary for Dragic? No one is paying him $10m/year

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

Word is Raptors are in process of negotiating a new TV deal and envision Canadian hero Steve Nash as the draw, thus a $10-$12M offer for PG.

There's why Nash is so important Giri.

23:6 KJV

Banned
Am I the only one who doesn't hate Toronto throwing the proverbial house at Nash?

If that Valanciunas kid is half as good as people say, they can move Bargs to the 4 and have and almost decent little thing going.

Nash could get them to the playoffs easy.

jbug617

Banned
Am I the only one who doesn't hate Toronto throwing the proverbial house at Nash?

If that Valanciunas kid is half as good as people say, they can move Bargs to the 4 and have and almost decent little thing going.

Nash could get them to the playoffs easy.

It makes sense for Toronto but most people are wondering if Nash wants to win why would he go there. If he goes to the Raptors it's a playoff contention team but probably won't make it past the 2nd round.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Everybody called it the moment he opted in a few months ago.

Orlando should've just traded him before the trade deadline instead of going through the same shit all over again.

They tried to with Houston and the bitch wouldn't let it go through so he was "blackmailed" into opting back in and staying with Orlando LOL

I don't want this headcase for 1 year in Houston.

VIVA LA TANK!

10 mill for Dragic? 8 mill for Asik? WHAT THE SHIT

I don't think the Mavs are getting Deron.

Time for Dirk and Nash 2: Murder on the P&R Express

Dude, they're not going to get anyone. I don't think they're going to get Dwight, Deron, Gordon, or Nash. I hope Cuban is smart enough to simply tank and not pay mediocre players big money just to appease Dirk.

23:6 KJV

Banned
It makes sense for Toronto but most people are wondering if Nash wants to win why would he go there. If he goes to the Raptors it's a playoff contention team but probably won't make it past the 2nd round.

Fair enough. I figure at damn near forty he'd rather have the money though. A ring somewhere other than phoenix wouldn't mean as much to him anyway, probably.

They tried to with Houston and the bitch wouldn't let it go through so he was "blackmailed" into opting back in and staying with Orlando LOL

I don't want this headcase for 1 year in Houston.

VIVA LA TANK!

What I didn't understand about that rumor is how opting in was meant to save him from a trade? Wouldn't it mean they would just trade him for even better pieces, since a team could get an entire year of Dwight, instead of half a season?

Now if he's traded to Houston, he's stuck there for a year, instead of half of one and now being in Brooklyn...

If he walks for nothing, that's pretty bad. And no one is going to give up enough to rent him, IMO.

If he walks for nothing they at least have cap space to work with. Oh, and they're going to be terrible so they'll get high draft picks for years to come. They're going to be terrible either way so I would be a complete dick and make him suffer.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fair enough. I figure at damn near forty he'd rather have the money though. A ring somewhere other than phoenix wouldn't mean as much to him anyway, probably.

What I didn't understand about that rumor is how opting in was meant to save him from a trade? Wouldn't it mean they would just trade him for even better pieces, since a team could get an entire year of Dwight, instead of half a season?

Now if he's traded to Houston, he's stuck there for a year, instead of half of one and now being in Brooklyn...

It was meant to save him from Houston and he flip flops, wanted to look like he gave a shit about the Magic and their fans. Plus more money is tied into this somehow... it's all become a complete utter pathetic thing to watch.

He's dumb as shit.

SamuraiX-

Is T-Will good enough to be a regular starter?

He showed off some nice production @ the SF spot for the short time he played for us last season.

When the alternatives at the spot are guys like Salmons, Outlaw, Garcia, and Honeycutt, hell fucking yes he's more than qualified to be a consistent starting guy at the 3 for us.

But if we have to resign him to anything more than a 3-year deal, fuck that. There's still plenty of risk with him considering his history and the fact he only played 18 games for us.

If he walks for nothing they at least have cap space to work with. Oh, and they're going to be terrible so they'll get high draft picks for years to come. They're going to be terrible either way so I would be a complete dick and make him suffer.

How did that work out the last time they let their franchise player walk?

Teams that ignore business to fuck people over are 1 way a team fucks itself up.

Actually, this often happens in real life, business wise. Or divorces. etc. Care more about fucking up the other person and everybody loses (well, except lawyers. they always win).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom