• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
Situation btwn Dwight Howard & Magic getting ugly. Howard feels Magic made him promises they didn't keep to get him to sign opt-in. (con't)

Sources tell @RicBucher Players Assn is considering taking legal action against the Magic on Dwight's behalf. (con't)
7 minutes ago

Goal would be to eliminate Dwight's opt-in and make him a free agent this summer.
6 minutes ago

smfh... shit is stupid lol

He showed off some nice production @ the SF spot for the short time he played for us last season.

When the alternatives at the spot are guys like Salmons, Outlaw, Garcia, and Honeycutt, hell fucking yes he's more than qualified to be a consistent starting guy at the 3 for us.

But if we have to resign him to anything more than a 3-year deal, fuck that.

Oh okay.

God, I want to get rid of Salmons, Cisco, and Outlaw so badly.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Do you think I would trade his ass after he cries to the media, slanders the organization, and threatens to sue? I would make his ass rot on the bench before I traded him.

Like I said... send him down to the D-league. Nice slap in the face.

Any team looking to get him as a rental will be able to give a better deal than whatever the Nets have to offer.

I highly doubt this. Then again, GMs are fucking stupid and/or delusional.

See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Do you think I would trade his ass after he cries to the media, slanders the organization, and threatens to sue? I would make his ass rot on the bench before I traded him.

Emotions do not make good decisions.

pilonv1

Even if Dwight wins some case, it's not going to be heard for weeks. No one will have any cap space left.

And if Nash signs and convinces another FA to join him in Toronto they could be very good.

I highly doubt this. Then again, GMs are fucking stupid and/or delusional.

Emotions do not make good decisions.

I'm going to agree to disagree. I do NOT agree with NBA front offices being held hostage by players. At all. I never will. It has to end somehow. If that means being petty then so be it. If you trade him to the Nets then you're just showing the other assholes in the league that all it takes is demands, whining, and disloyalty and you can get your way.

first few hours of free agency and Asik and Jordan Hill are trending higher than Vince Carter.

lol

I'm going to agree to disagree. I do NOT agree with NBA front offices being held hostage by players. At all. I never will. It has to end somehow. If that means being petty then so be it. If you trade him to the Nets then you're just showing the other assholes in the league that all it takes is demands, whining, and disloyalty and you can get your way

And people lose their jobs over this. You're thinking like a fan. Not like someone who works in the front office and whose entire livelihood depends on being smart, not petty.

It's fun to be petty from our couches. IRL, people hurt themselves. Go bankrupt, etc. Emotion does not make smart decisions.

linsivvi

smfh... shit is stupid lol

The Magic fired everybody and he's still not happy. Free agency hasn't even started yet, so what does he expect the Magic to do?

Can't believe within a year he managed to become the biggest diva in a league full of divas.

Pretty much. Atleast he got one ring out of it but they had a chance to repeat and now meh.

Yeah, conventional wisdom is that you do not break up a championship core unless key pieces are retiring or at least until they've failed to repeat. Cuban definitely dropped the ball here.

Did you not see what Houston tried to do for the past week just to rent Dwight.

Their offer was shit. Maybe 1 of their picks will be NBA relevant. Please.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Y! Sources: With the loss of Ray Allen looming, Boston pursues free agent guard Jason Terry.

Bitchmade player. Boston loves em.

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO
Celtics reportedly have interest in Jamal Crawford. Source adds they may also meet with Kirk Hinrich.

benjipwns

Banned
And people lose their jobs over this. You're thinking like a fan. Not like someone who works in the front office and whose entire livelihood depends on being smart, not petty.

It's fun to be petty from our couches. IRL, people hurt themselves. Go bankrupt, etc. Emotion does not make smart decisions.
Should also note that GMs like fans tend to overrate their own assets.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Faced with the possibility of losing Ray Allen, the Boston Celtics are pursuing Dallas Mavericks free-agent guard Jason Terry, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Celtics are preparing themselves for the possible loss of Allen, and began the process of recruiting Terry after midnight ET Saturday, league sources said.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Sick and tired of Dwight Howard's flip-flopping and trade demands? So is Charles Barkley.

"Dwight needs to make a decision because I’m sick of hearing about it every year where he’s going to go and I told him he needs to grow up and make a decision," Barkley said Saturday prior to playing in Dirk Nowitzki's Heroes Celebrity baseball game in Frisco, Texas.

"I don’t want to hear this stuff ever year coming up on the trade deadline. Make a decision and live with it.""

LMAO even sir fatty is hating on him. Howard wants to be the most hated NBA player it seems... nah he's just fucking beyond stupid.

first few hours of free agency and Asik and Jordan Hill are trending higher than Vince Carter.

lol

Whatever, dude. They can keep Dwight or trade Dwight to the Nets but they're going to be in the same position no matter what they do. When you allow yourself to be held hostage by a brat then there's no such thing as a smart decision.

Matrix

Because he's Jason Terry.

Can't see Crawford being a help in Boston either.

I'd love to see Terry out of the West... can't stand that Rockets killer. Then again it doesn't matter much anymore when your team is going to suck big time.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Because he's Jason Terry.

Can't see Crawford being a help in Boston either.

He'll be coming off the bench behind Bradley. He's always been comfortable off the bench and he'll be a ton cheaper than a guy like Mayo. Seems like it'd be a good move by Boston.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
The Boston Celtics are looking for a SG. They have expressed interest in Jamal Crawford, O.J. Mayo, Jason Terry, Nick Young and Sonny Weems.

Sonny Weems was still in the NBA? The fuck?

benjipwns

Banned
Sam Amico: As for Lakers, Ramon Sessions, Kirk Hinrich, Jameer Nelson all said to be on radar. Potentially Jason Terry, too.
Only one has a ring!

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
The Boston Celtics are looking for a SG. They have expressed interest in Jamal Crawford, O.J. Mayo, Jason Terry, Nick Young and Sonny Weems.

Sonny Weems was still in the NBA? The fuck?
Uh oh:
Sam Amico: Raptors SF Sonny Weems said to be drawing interest from Cavs. Weems a restricted free agent.

pilonv1

Ok if that's the group they're looking at I take it back. Terry is the best choice.

p. sure Money Weems was in Europe last year

I'm pretty sure Sonny Weems was in Turkey last year

never mind Lithuanian league

Weems spent the 2011-12 season with Zalgiris in the Lithuanian league. He averaged 10.3 points and 4.1 rebounds in 16 VTB showings and 15.5 points and five rebounds in five Euroleague contests.

When he last appeared in the NBA, Weems set a career high with 9.2 points in 59 games with the Raptors in 2010-11.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/06/29/4599908/raptors-extend-qualifying-offers.html#storylink=cpy

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
RT @sam_amick Source: #Blazers GM Neil Olshey & prez Larry Miller visited RFA center Roy Hibbert tonight in DC, offered max deal.

0007_lyu8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom