• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
0383_lqe1.gif

cacophony

Eric Gordon will meet with the Pacers on Sunday as he kicks off his restricted free agency.

Gordon will meet with the Rockets on Monday, followed by the Suns on Tuesday.

Meetings could also be scheduled with the Blazers, Bobcats and Mavericks.

Gordon is seeking a maximum four-year, $58 million contract.
Via Chris Broussard/ESPN (via Twitter)

Whatever, dude. They can keep Dwight or trade Dwight to the Nets but they're going to be in the same position no matter what they do. When you allow yourself to be held hostage by a brat then there's no such thing as a smart decision.

The brat will just disrupt what the team is doing... like tanking.

"@sam_amick: Indiana did not offer a max deal, and Hibbert is now leaning to Blazers unless Pacers match. One other unnamed team offered max."

...amazing.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Lawl so many medicore to average bigs are going to get paid this offseason. I wonder what stupid lucky team is going to win the Javale McGee sweepstakes!

draft super Ronnie Price

go after Asik and Hibbert.

genius
Loving the Lilllard pick even more with your track record of PG evaluation.

Ain't too mad. Hibbert single handily slapped the Heat in the playoffs. He's a low post scorer in a dumb as hell offensive system. Young, skilled, defensive, and rebounding center. I think the Pacers match though.

why does Portland want Hibbert when they have a top tier center in LMA in this small-ball NBA?

lol clippers GM strikes again. Caron, DeAndre, now Hibbert.

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
The Cleveland Cavaliers have expressed interest in Jonny Flynn, according to sources close to the situation. The two sides are "talking."

enjoy him, Gilbert.

My god, Hibbert is going to have an NBA Max contract. This fucking league!

pilonv1

So which other idiot team offered a max deal for Hibbert? Judging by those with cap space, it could only be the Hornets, Suns, Nets or Cavs.

diehard

Fleer
Deron's career is starting to resemble Baron Davis at this point. I wouldn't be spouting off if I were you.

You are totally right

I wish would have taken Martel Webster because we had Sebastian Telfair.

Your team is the poster child for fucking up lottery picks. I wouldn't be spouting off if I were you.

reilo

You are totally right

Tell me something I don't know!

I wish would have taken Martel Webster because we had Sebastian Telfair.

I have repeatedly and numerously called that out as being the dumbest fucking move in the universe and you constantly bring that shit up. Are you trying to prove how right I am or is this the best you can do?

Your team is the poster child for fucking up lottery picks. I wouldn't be spouting off if I were you.

At least we aren't allergic to drafting good shooting guards.

Speaking of...

June 29, 1982: Drafted by the Utah Jazz in the 1st round (3rd pick) of the 1982 NBA Draft.

September 2, 1982: Traded by the Utah Jazz to the Atlanta Hawks for John Drew and Freeman Williams.

Guess who!

reilo

Also, didn't the Jazz just have a draft where Kanter and Alec Burks went 3rd and 12th? LOL

reilo

We are moving the goalpoasts of discussing outside the lottery now?

Jazz took Koufos over Ibaka, Batum, George Hill and Pekovic.

pilonv1

Wow you mean the draft pick that the Jazz traded for 1 million dollars, thereby allowing them to keep the franchise? Wow what a bunch of a morons!

We got good players.

you took Nolan Smith a pick ahead of Kenneth Faried.

neither of you picked Klay Thompson

diehard

Fleer
We can also talk about the Jazz winning championships.

damn you got me, i forgot about that championship you won before you were born.

I'll have to go cry myself to sleep with the thoughts that we won't be offering Roy Hibbert a max deal.

reilo

damn you got me, i forgot about that championship you won before you were born.

I'll have to go cry myself to sleep with the thoughts that we won't be offering Roy Hibbert a max deal.

Seriously dude, if you don't want someone throwing shitty troll attempts your way, you shouldn't start them. Bringing up Sam Bowie, really? How old do you think I am?

diehard

Fleer
???????????

Deron Williams is not on your roster anymore and he killed Sloan's career in the process. John Stockton retired nearly a decade ago. Let it go. It's okay.

Me bringing up a recent screw up in the draft by the Blazers, in response to the Lillard pick being a good one.. was relevant.

I sure as hell might be wrong, i thought Hayward would suck... thats just my opinion after watching Lillard in college.

Mxrz

I wonder if Dwight has completely flipped out, if his agent is flat out horrible, or if Broussard is just full of shit.

reilo

Me bringing up a recent screw up in the draft by the Blazers, in response to the Lillard pick being a good one.. was relevant.

It was a diversion attempt (shitty one, at that) on your part because I called out your felating of Deron Williams, who's career arch is look mighty questionable right now in an attempt to prove you wrong.

You then bring up a completely irrelevant subject of Martell Webster? Wtf?

Like I said, go to sleep.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I wonder if Dwight has completely flipped out, if his agent is flat out horrible, or if Broussard is just full of shit.

All of the above and Howard is dumb as shit.

reilo

I think the max that a guy like Hibbert is getting as a RFA is the same one that Eric Gordon can be offered: 4 years, $56 mil and NOT the Blake Griffin type max of 5 years, $96mil.

diehard

Fleer
It was a diversion attempt (shitty one, at that) on your part because I called out your felating of Deron Williams, who's career arch is look mighty questionable right now in an attempt to prove you wrong.
you literally don't even know my stance on Deron Williams.

no seriously, tell me.

Why is Scott Brooks getting extensions when Nate Dogg is still unemployed?

Fuck this league.

He's probably taking a year off to re-charge.

I think the max that a guy like Hibbert is getting as a RFA is the same one that Eric Gordon can be offered: 4 years, $56 mil and NOT the Blake Griffin type max of 5 years, $96mil.

Correct. I think he's 1 all-star appearance short of Griffin's.

Also, the numbers might be lower depending on the actual BRI numbers to be released in about a week.

edit: worth wondering if the Blazers are resigned to Hibbert or nothing. Why wouldn't the Pacers take time to match thereby eating into the Blazers cap space to fuck em over? Blazers, I imagine, know this and are basically willing to sit on their hands til next season if they don't get Hibbert.

when?

in the future? Deron. Paul's knee's will be Roy-esque in 2 years.

Isn't he more like Kidd than Roy, though?

Chris Haynes ‏@ChrisBHaynes
Source: #Blazers F Nicolas Batum has on offer from Minnesota & meetings with New Orleans, Toronto | http://www.csnnw.com/pages/landingb...nesota-and-meeti=1&blockID=733614&feedID=5212 | #Ripcity

Blazers shouldn't let Batum walk, IMO.

The detailed figures that are being mulled over is a four-year, $45-50 million deal.

HOLY SHIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom