• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Isn't he more like Kidd than Roy, though?

That's beyond the point. We all know diehard's stance (even before Paul's knee troubles in recent years) has been Deron > CP3.

I remember his "Deron destroys CP3 when they are matched up!" posts. We all, unfortunately, do.

Blazers shouldn't let Batum walk, IMO.

HOLY SHIT

Locking up Batum and Hibbert for the money being discussed... Lillard/??? (Wes for now, I guess)/Batum/Aldridge/Hibbert combo better pan out, otherwise the team will be rebuilding 4 years from now.

I think Batum could be worth that money, but I wouldn't risk it. I mean, best case scenario is he lives up to the contract, but it's more likely than not he won't.

Man, near max money for Batum? this league is so zany.

Would be a great pickup for Wolves, though

Rubio
??
batum
Love
Pekovic

That is definitely a playoff team.

diehard

Fleer
That's beyond the point. We all know diehard's stance (even before Paul's knee troubles in recent years) has been Deron > CP3.

I remember his "Deron destroys CP3 when they are matched up!" posts. We all, unfortunately, do.

That's actually never been my stance. My stance has always been that it was about matchups. oh and yes, he does.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I think Batum could be worth that money, but I wouldn't risk it. I mean, best case scenario is he lives up to the contract, but it's more likely than not he won't.

Rubio
??
batum
Love
Pekovic

Batum can play 2 guard.

Rubio
Batum
Derrick
Love
Pekovic

That's a big fucking team. Alderman could make it work.

Brinbe

Not surprising... thin market and all these teams with money to burn. These owners/execs need to be saved from themselves (us not excluded).

Pkaz01

Why is Scott Brooks getting extensions when Nate Dogg is still unemployed?

Fuck this league.

Oh shit I totally forgot that the blazers did that shit to him. How does Vinny del negro still have his job and Mcmillan doesn't?

and damn errybody getting paid this off season

Omega

Banned
If he walks for nothing, that's pretty bad. And no one is going to give up enough to rent him, IMO.

Houston was ready to give up all their first round picks weren't they?

Orlando missed out on some good talent. No franchise caliber players but better than anything else they'll get now. There only hope is to just let him walk and be bad enough to get a high draft pick and rebuild from there.

Wow this league...

Yeah, it's becoming a joke.

Also, MKG is winning ROY. I'm calling it now.

Damn lotta shit went down yesterday seems.

Houston fans grats on Asik! For that kinda cash you can have him. Morey smh. We're def gonna have to do something now with Noah being our only C. Anyone know if Eddy Curry is out of contract?

OKC fans congrats on the Brooks extension! You have now rebranded as the Oklahoma City Buffalo Bills.

I always felt Dwight would end up with the Nets and that DWill would stay put. Too much at stake with the move to Brooklyn not to mention an aggressive owner. Those 2 guys alone with nothing else but garbage would still net them 50 wins in the East.

Derrick01

Banned
After reading all this shit from early this morning I'm definitely in favor for another lockout. Hell just close the NBA down since they clearly don't have any restraint.

8 mil for Asik, 10 for dragic, max for Hibbert (remember when you had to actually be a top player to get max?). Just shut it all down.

I am surprised Boston gave up on Ray so easy, makes me think something is up

I really thought Ray would go back...him signing with Miami would be a slap in the face to his team

Jake.

I really thought Ray would go back...him signing with Miami would be a slap in the face to his team

rondo and ray hate each other, and rondo is seen as more valuable now. as a boston fan i really hope he doesn't sign with miami.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Should the Magic just go into blow up mode now? Trade Howard for a back up center and at least 2 1st round picks and trade away anyone else of value? Bring up a few d leaguers to pad out the roster and tank the next two seasons? Next couple of drafts are supposed to have more talent than this past one. so they don't even have to win the 1st pick.

Jake.

can you explain this? didnt know

hate might be a bit strong, but there is definitely bad blood. i think its just a clash of personality - rondo can supposedly be a pretty abrupt/brash/confronting dude and maybe there was some jealousy on ray's side with rondo being in the spotlight this past season, although i'm not sure. apparently they just don't like each other and their 'strained' relationship is a well known thing within the celtics organisation and those close to them (according to numerous boston affiliates).

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Ray isn't exactly a Celtic life long..

Not when they just gave KG 10+ per for three years.

True. But I guess they could still offer more than us if they want

hate might be a bit strong, but there is definitely bad blood. i think its just a clash of personality - rondo can supposedly be a pretty abrupt/brash/confronting dude and maybe there was some jealousy on ray's side with rondo being in the spotlight this past season, although i'm not sure. apparently they just don't like each other and their 'strained' relationship is a well known thing within the celtics organisation and those close to them (according to numerous boston affiliates).

It kinda sounds like everybody in the organization can't deal with Rondo but puts up with it because he's talented

Manny Rondo

Ray also seems like a very difficult dude to not get along with but then again I do not know him at all..

Jake.

It kinda sounds like everybody in the organization can't deal with Rondo but puts up with it because he's talented

Manny Rondo

Ray also seems like a very difficult dude to not get along with but then again I do not know him at all..

yeah, ray has always seemed like one of the most friendly and standup dude's in the league. that conference final post-game 7 presser was crushing.

Blackace

What else matters?

Handles, being able to score on SGs, knowing how to play the position in the flow of the game..

The kid is like 6'10" I would rather have him trying to get a rebound or two than wasting that height Lewis style..

Rubio
??
batum
Love
Pekovic

You have to consider team need

He would be a big upgrade for us and make our backcourt very strong defensively

Plus were making portland pay

Im happy with it

Canuck76

Banned

Locking up Batum and Hibbert for the money being discussed... Lillard/??? (Wes for now, I guess)/Batum/Aldridge/Hibbert combo better pan out, otherwise the team will be rebuilding 4 years from now.

AHHHHHH ALL THESE MOVES

How much money is the max for Hibbert? I really like him at center but i'd like to keep Nic too.

Shurs

Handles, being able to score on SGs, knowing how to play the position in the flow of the game..

The kid is like 6'10" I would rather have him trying to get a rebound or two than wasting that height Lewis style..

I get that..

But..

I think that with Rubio handling the ball, his handle becomes less important..

Plus, with Pekovic (at least on the offensive end) and Love, rebounds are going to be hard to come by, regardless of what position Batum is slotted into..

2 and 3 are interchangable in Adelmans offense, and he's behind the moves.

Im just happy kahn is being aggressive

TheFatOne

Manny Rondo

This is an accurate statement. Every year you hear things about Ray vs Rondo, Pierce vs Rondo, or KG having to talk to Rondo. He is a giant mentally fragile diva, and the Celtics have no choice but to put up with his shit. To be honest I want the Celtics to move on from Ray Allen.

Blackace

I get that..

But..

I think that with Rubio handling the ball, his handle becomes less important..

Plus, with Pekovic (at least on the offensive end) and Love, rebounds are going to be hard to come by, regardless of what position Batum is slotted into..

Rubio handling the ball doesn't mean your SG will never dribble drive again or something... Also Rubio needs help on the floor.. He can't be excepted to create all the offense. Which is why the wolves are still chasing Roy..

2 and 3 are interchangable in Adelmans offense, and he's behind the moves.

Im just happy kahn is being aggressive

They are interchangeable in their roles but him being able to put the ball on the floor against a SG and a SF are really different... Kahn is always aggressive...

Also did the talk of Howard demanding a trade to the Nets come up?

Canuck76

Banned
God trade Dwight for all you can and get out now. Screw him over send him wherever, get the most out of him and move the hell on.

Move him before he shows the effects of that back surgery too.

Wait Lillard starting! What? Get somebody!

Anybody! Kid needs time!

Kwhit10

Apparently Heat can only offer Ray Allen 3 mil a year, and the Celtics are going to double that offer 2yr/12mil. While Memphis will offer MLE but Bostons offer is still better than that.

I think the Ray Rondo thing stems around Ray being OCD and Rondo being slightly less OCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom