• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think if the Celtics signed him he would have been coming off the bench LOL

KG only played Center after everybody got hurt. In an alternate reality, most likely he would have been coming off the bench behind Jermaine and KG. Because, like I said, Bos wouldnt have to regroup and have Kevin play Center if nobody got hurt.

Still on his rookie deal. So I expect 4/32. Which is a pretty standard raise.

Nobody is gonna give the deal $10m a season, if thats what you're thinking.

I think you missed the part where the Nets have a ton of cap space, combined with two tons of desperation blended with 47 troy ounces of not really knowing what they're doing.

KingGondo

Banned
It is incredible how stupid like 90% of NBA GMs/Owners are. Every offseason any free agent that can put up numbers gets PAID.
I don't think this is true.

There are a few particularly dumb GMs like Billy King who drive up the market for everyone else.

Also, the dynamics of the RFA market all but forces teams to overpay--you either have to offer more than you think the guy's current team will match or risk coming away with nothing at all.

jordan0386 said:
Harden would be overpaid. Ibaka would not. OKC will get both of them to stay.
You really think Ibaka wouldn't get a max offer (or close to it) from somebody? Dude led the league in blocks, was runner-up for DPOY (I know some here think this is lol-worthy), has good (and developing) offensive skills and is only 22.

Somebody would definitely offer him the max.

I mean seriously, how can D-will even want to play for that franchise when they have a GM who considers and executes some of these trades? If he goes to Brooklyn, it's a pretty clear sign that he doesn't care about winning, and it was just about money.

There are a few particularly dumb GMs like Billy King who drive up the market for everyone else.

Also, the dynamics of the RFA market all but forces teams to overpay--you either have to offer more than you think the guy's current team will match or risk coming away with nothing at all.

You really think Ibaka wouldn't get a max offer (or close to it) from somebody? Dude led the league in blocks, was runner-up for DPOY (I know some here think this is lol-worthy), has good (and developing) offensive skills and is only 22.

Harden will get about $11m per in his next deal. Ibaka $8m.

SamuraiX-

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Nets, Hawks could reach a decision on possible Joe Johnson deal today, sources tell Y! If trade doesn't happen, Nets will push for OJ Mayo.

I'm riving with anticipation. :3

I mean seriously, how can D-will even want to play for that franchise when they have a GM who considers and executes some of these trades? If he goes to Brooklyn, it's a pretty clear sign that he doesn't care about winning, and it was just about money.

If they somehow get Dwight it would be better than alot of his other options as far as contending goes.

Edit: Okay, scratch that why the fuck is BK going after JJ/OJ?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Harden will get about $11m per in his next deal. Ibaka $8m.

Ibaka is definitely not getting Asik money.

And if Eric Gordon gets max with his injury history, you can bet Harden will get one plus free handjobs.

and there is nothing wrong with that

Nobility

Banned
Never thought I would be more excited by this free agency period than the draft.

Dwight, the Nets and general GM nonsense are bringing in the lulz.

Scumbag Dwight memes write themselves

ScumbagDwight2.jpg

ScumbagDwight3.jpg

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ibaka is definitely not getting Asik money.

And if Eric Gordon gets max with his injury history, you can bet Harden will get one plus free handjobs.

Eric Gordon can take over games, and does so with a fair amount of ease.. Harden has a cool beard..

Canuck76

Banned

Ibaka's getting the max easily. He can hit jumpshots now, terrific help defender. I think he's totally worth it. People love to crap on this kid but blocks do matter people, and while he shouldn't be runner up to DPOY he should be in the conversation.

Plus, he's only going to get better. He can already hit middle to long 2's, he's got good hands. Put him by a decent center and your good defensively.

Imagine what he could do in a frigging offense.

WAIT HAWKS NETS JOE JOHNSON TRADE ISN'T A JOKE

NOT POSSIBLE EARLY APRIL FOOLS GOD CAN'T BE SO CRUEL

Blackace

Its not about who and whos money. These are standard raises.

It is about market value... And if a player of similar stats gets a certain contract, then that contract is used as a benchmark..

Nelo Ice

Banned

True but imo still doesn't excuse the fact that you have to hilariously overpay for someone who clearly isn't worth the price. Like every one of those contracts will be either untradeable, used to trade for other bad contracts, or used as an expiring deal.

If we re-sign both for that, I'll be over the moon.

Ibaka cant make more or as much as James because his defensive impact does not match Hardens offensive impact. The dude avg 4 blocks a game, but OKC prolly only avg about 6 per game.

Collison, who they already have signed long term. Can get 15m more per game, and draw about the same impact Serge does, with better offensive rebounding. And they got Perry Jones, who will make like 4 million total, over the next 3 seasons.

#shrugg OKC aint hurting.

DY_nasty

Ibaka's getting the max easily. He can hit jumpshots now, terrific help defender. I think he's totally worth it. People love to crap on this kid but blocks do matter people, and while he shouldn't be runner up to DPOY he should be in the conversation.

Plus, he's only going to get better. He can already hit middle to long 2's, he's got good hands. Put him by a decent center and your good defensively.

Imagine what he could in a frigging offense.

His hands are some of the worse in the league.

You're sipping koolaid on one hot streak - of non-contested jumpers while teams worry about 3 other all-stars.

And his defense is really just a parody. He couldn't guard Donecan, he couldn't guard Bosh, he couldn't do shit with anyone. All he does is sellout for blocks and give up rebounds/easyputbacks.
It is about market value... And if a player of similar stats gets a certain contract, then that contract is used as a benchmark..
This.

Blackace

Imagine what he could do in a frigging offense.

Blocks do matter, when they are done smartly... Dream, Mountain, Zo, game changers on D because they werent trying to just block you they were trying to change shots.. Goodstupid tries to swat stuff and that's it...

And I don't really get the last statement.. He will never be a number one option and most likely never a two option. We see what he can do on O...

Presti will not give both Harden and Serge $10m a season. Serge will take $8m and be content.

Next summer, every team with cap space will offer Serge 4 for 50. But I doubt Presti will bite.

KingGondo

Banned
True but imo still doesn't excuse the fact that you have to hilariously overpay for someone who clearly isn't worth the price. Like every one of those contracts will be either untradeable, used to trade for other bad contracts, or used as an expiring deal.
The bottom line is that there are only so many impact players in the league.

There's a disconnect between the supply of these kinds of players and demand.

Blackace

Presti will not give both Harden and Serge $10m a season. Serge will take $8m and be content.

Next summer, every team with cap space will offer Serge 4 for 50. But I doubt Presti will bite.
Why would Ibaka be content when he make near max?

DY_nasty

Its not up OKC. If he feels they're worth X amount, and another dumbass team offers them Y, then OKC will be forced to deal with it.

Ibaka's agent is going to see Asik's offer and wave that in everyone's face.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I like it.

Here is what really happened. When the Magic were in San Antonio for their final game before the trade deadline, officials from the organization had the necessary waiver paperwork in hand. Howard addressed his teammates at the team hotel the morning of the game, told them he was "all in," and wanted to sign the papers. Team officials wanted him to focus on the game and deal with the issue when they returned to Orlando.

On the flight home, sources said, Howard still wanted to sign the waiver. Team officials didn't feel comfortable with Howard signing the paperwork that would end the trade saga without Howard's agent, Dan Fegan, or some other legal representative present.

When the team landed in Orlando in the middle of the night, Smith drove to the airport to greet the flight. Howard again indicated he wanted to sign the waiver, but Smith -- with whom Howard had grown close -- told him he didn't want such an important and meaningful decision about his future to be made on some tarmac at 3 a.m. They agreed that Howard should go home and sleep on it. He showed up at the Magic practice facility the next day -- hours before the trade deadline -- and signed the waiver.

dat blackmail.

Blackace

Its not up OKC. If he feels they're worth X amount, and another dumbass team offers them Y, then OKC will be forced to deal with it.

Pretty much...

But I don't see how Ibaka will just have to be content with whatever OKC offers him.. lol

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Denver GM Masai Ujiri will meet with JaVale McGee's reps to discuss extension in Los Angeles on Monday, sources tell Y! Sports.

Giving him a long term extension seems pretty dicey.

DY_nasty

Denver GM Masai Ujiri will meet with JaVale McGee's reps to discuss extension in Los Angeles on Monday, sources tell Y! Sports.

They just gave up Nene for him.

They have to do it. They just can't put themselves in an overall worse position when its all said and done. McGee unfucked > Nene unfucked anyways.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
They just gave up Nene for him.

They have to do it. They just can't put themselves in an overall worse position when its all said and done. McGee unfucked > Nene unfucked anyways.

Let Karl mold McGee and in 2 years, he'll be an all-star.

McGee had a 20/10 game in the playoffs, PRETTY DICEY TO PAY HIM

Ryan Garrity barely had 20/10 over an entire series, DUDES GON GET PAID

KingGondo

Banned
Blackace said:

Ibaka and Harden definitely want to stay in OKC if possible--they've built a real family atmosphere there, not to mention a contender that will be strong for years to come.

OKC will be able to offer them less than their open market value, the question is how much.

Presti will approach both of these guys with clear numbers in mind, and if they can't get close he'll trade Ibaka and get a deal done with Harden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom