• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
In a sense that this is what we got for you. You can leave the best team in West if you want.

lol... Without Ibaka that claim for best team in the west is questionable... He knows it... Sam knows it and the agent really knows it.

Nelo Ice

Banned
The bottom line is that there are only so many impact players in the league.

There's a disconnect between the supply of these kinds of players and demand.

True still find it incredible year after year how many bad contracts are given out and how nearly everyone scrambles to rid themselves of contracts after the 1st year or 2 lol.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
McGee had a 20/10 game in the playoffs, PRETTY DICEY TO PAY HIM

Ryan Garrity barely had 20/10 over an entire series, DUDES GON GET PAID

McGee is a great player. That's not what I was getting at.

And why the fuck are you so infatuated with making everything about Ryan Anderson? Your Garrity joke is so freaking stupid, the two players are nothing alike other than the fact that they are both white. Thats it.

Blackace

Ibaka and Harden definitely want to stay in OKC if possible--they've built a real family atmosphere there, not to mention a contender that will be strong for years to come.

OKC will be able to offer them less than their open market value, the question is how much.

Presti will approach both of these guys with clear numbers in mind, and if they can't get close he'll trade Ibaka and get a deal done with Harden.

Is that just a feeling you get? I don't want to see the team get blown up but I think one of them leaves because they won't turn down a huge contract...

SamuraiX-

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
The Nuggets did not extend a qualifying offer to Rudy Fernandez, making him an unrestricted free agent, league source says.
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
RFA Roy Hibbert's four-year, max offer sheet from Portland is worth $58.4M. Pacers center leaning that way. Indy has three days to match.

Yummy.

Canuck76

Banned
Blocks do matter, when they are done smartly... Dream, Mountain, Zo, game changers on D because they werent trying to just block you they were trying to change shots.. Goodstupid tries to swat stuff and that's it...

And I don't really get the last statement.. He will never be a number one option and most likely never a two option. We see what he can do on O...

No he's not a number one or two even three option. But rarely are plays run for him, and OKC's offense is so terrible that most of his shots do just come off of other people on KD or Harden or someone.

I think you guys really underrate him. He's got far from "some of the worst hands in the game" and i don't see a ton of easy stuff (dunks and putbacks) when he's out there more than i do anyone else, in fact it's less than many other teams.

I think he's leaving so we'll have to revisit this when he's on another team somewhere.

SamuraiX-

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
No offers yet for Nuggets RFA JaVale McGee. Denver poised to begin extension talks. Also, retaining PG Andre Miller a priority for Denver.

Why even bother? Wasn't he pissed off the entire time he was in Denver for being forced to play behind Lawson?

And why the fuck are you so infatuated with making everything about Ryan Anderson? Your Garrity joke is so freaking stupid, the two players are nothing alike other than the fact that they are both white. Thats it.

They both like to shoot lots of 3s

and they're both not that good

Blackace

Like im saying, they got players to match the production.

If they had players to match the production they wouldn't even offer... Don't kid yourself they don't have a replacement for Ibaka if he walked now...

Brinbe

Roy Hibbert is getting the max??? So glad the Raptors traded that pick for JO. The NBA will never forget the Twin Towers East era.*

* I totally forgot it. It took me a moment to remember why they didn't keep him when they drafted him.

We weren't even gonna draft him if we kept the pick. We were gonna go Jawai. ='(

Below are the career playoff numbers for Ryan and Pat, can you tell them apart?

0jq9U.png

d3lLP.png

KingGondo

Banned
Is that just a feeling you get? I don't want to see the team get blown up but I think one of them leaves because they won't turn down a huge contract...
They've both said it. Of course, they could be lying but there's not much to dislike about their current situation. They're featured players on a team that just went to the Finals. If the money is right they'll stay.

The key is to keep them from hitting the open market. They'll re-sign Harden at the very least, then do some kind of sign-and-trade to get trade value for Ibaka if he wants too much money.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

if i was still a magic fan...

i'd hate you

SamuraiX-

Jason Jones ‏@mr_jasonjones
If the going rate to upgrade at SF is around $10 mill/season I'm not expecting the Kings to find one in F.A....re-sign T-Will to play SF?
This is why the lockout was crazy. Teams are going to overpay guys, regardless of system in place.

Mista Jones spittin' dat truuff even before getting a chance to sip his morning coffee.

Blackace

They've both said it. Of course, they could be lying but there's not much to dislike about their current situation. They're featured players on a team that just went to the Finals. If the money is right they'll stay.

The key is to keep them from hitting the open market. They'll re-sign Harden at the very least, then do some kind of sign-and-trade to get trade value for Ibaka if he wants too much money.

Indeed, nothing to disagree with here..

They know their market values or at least their agents do.. It will be all about the balance of winning, and money and which is more important to them...

Blackace

Russell/Sefo/Durant/Collison/Perkins

Harden/Maynor/Jones3rd/Aldrich/FA pickup(waiver wirer)

Clutch lineup, KD at the 4.

^^^

That team doesnt win 57 games next season???

That's pretty much the same record they had this year.. So basically Ibaka is irrelevant to them winning?

DY_nasty

You were a Magic fan?

Explains a lot.

My Jameer Nelson defense never gave it away?

And Pat Garrity is just a prototype Ryno. They're the same player. Ryan is just better looking and youthier.

I don't understand your love for him. You can't build around guys like that unless they're Dirk-tier.

Blackace

And Pat Garrity is just a prototype Ryno. They're the same player. Ryan is just better looking and youthier.

I don't understand your love for him. You can't build around guys like that unless they're Dirk-tier.

He isn't even Sam Perkins tier..

That's pretty much the same record they had this year.. So basically Ibaka is irrelevant to them winning?

If they lost him two seasons from now, it wouldnt be that big a deal. He avgs 9 and 7. #shrugg.

Would we not be excited for Russell and Kevin if Serge bolted during his free agency? Simple answer is no.

DY_nasty

If they lost him two seasons from now, it wouldnt be that big a deal. He avgs 9 and 7. #shrugg.

Would we not be excited for Russell and Kevin if Serge bolted during his free agency? Simple answer is no.

Kris Humphries and Petro are a better frontcourt combo than Ibaka and Perkins...

Ibaka is one of the most overrated players in the league.

SamuraiX-

Again, my educated guess on a J.T. salary offer would be more than Hayes, less than Thornton. 4 yrs, $24-28 million?

$6-7M/yr is the perfect amount of salary for JT right now.

With his limited offensive production and inconsistencies, it'd be pretty absurd for a GM to offer him anymore than that. So that means it's probably gonna happen.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I never said the Magic should build around him. But they aren't the same player at all. The latter has a much better overall skill set, he was top 5 in offensive rebounding last season and he doesn't turn the ball over.

Blackace

Would we not be excited for Russell and Kevin if Serge bolted during his free agency? Simple answer is no.[/QUOTE]

9 7 and over 3 blocks..

What does you being excited for your team have to do with ANYTHING about free agency?

Blackace

Kris Humphries and Petro are a better frontcourt combo than Ibaka and Perkins...

Ibaka is one of the most overrated players in the league.

He is overrated to a degree... But that's some bullshit right there

SamuraiX-

Judging a player by one playoff series either way is really not a good idea.
I never said the Magic should build around him. But they aren't the same player at all. The latter has a much better overall skill set, he was top 5 in offensive rebounding last season and he doesn't turn the ball over.

You have to know falling in love with Ryno during his contract year and then proceeding to overpay him for the next 4 years is more than likely gonna bite you in the ass, right?

You have to know that, right?

DY_nasty

He can't turn the ball over because everyone else on that team is turning it over before he can. His offensive rebounding numbers have always made me scratch my head too...

But they're the same kind of player. Stretch 4s who can't guard anyone and that are only useful when they're lighting it up. And if you're going to pay Anderson and you're in the situation that Orlando finds itself in, then you're committing to making him "the guy" in Orlando when Dwight leaves.

fuq dat

$12.5 million for Batum? Kahn can have him. I wouldn't expect Batum to be much different from the player he is now. He's a role player on a good team. Easily replaceable at his position.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You have to know falling in love with Ryno during his contract year and then proceeding to overpay him for the next 4 years is more than likely gonna bite you in the ass, right?

You have to know that, right?

He never got a chance to start before this season ever. His per 36 numbers really weren't much better than they were 2 years ago, all he got was more playing time now. It wasn't a "contract year" by any stretch of the imagination.

DY_nasty

He is overrated to a degree... But that's some bullshit right there

Naw, Ibaka is a fucking terrible rebounder. If you got him securing some of those Westbricks and clearing out space downlow while playing simply solid defense, then you don't have to worry about howthefuckdidhegetthatrebounds or putback dunks whenever the opposing team feels like hustling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom