• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reave

Legion Sports @MySportsLegion

Magic officials confirm multiple offers for Dwight Howard "already presented to us" today. #FreeAgency

I'd love to see Orlando fight D12 on the blackmail accusation, but it looks like this ordeal could be over fast.

Emwitus

Kobe bryant 3pA

87-287

tumblr_l5dv2gmI211qaggjuo1_500.gif

Wall actually shot 30% from deep as a rookie and shot it with a lot more confidence.

This years rating is a product of Wall completely taking the three point shot out of his game. Most of those misses are because he forced up a three during the last few ticks of the shot clock.

Not sure why the coaching staff would allow him to do that though. If I were the coach I'd demand him to take a couple from spots he's comfortable in a few times a game or sit him down. Tanking seasons are for rookie development.

Edit: If I am the Lakers I'd take a shot a Dwight rental. The Lakers have a limited window anyway.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Alex Kennedy
Earl Clark has changed his mind and opted in to the final year of his contact with the Magic, according to sources close to the situation.

Earl Clark informed the Orlando Magic that he is opting in on Friday, sources confirm.

nooooooooooo

Reave

Alex Kennedy
Earl Clark has changed his mind and opted in to the final year of his contact with the Magic, according to sources close to the situation.

Earl Clark informed the Orlando Magic that he is opting in on Friday, sources confirm.

nooooooooooo

FUCK.

Branduil

This is exactly why the only strategy in the new CBA that will work is building superteams.

2 or 3 superstars + scrubs and veterans > a bunch of overpaid role players.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
SpearsNBAYahoo
Expect Heat, Celtics, Lakers, Hawks and Knicks to have interest in free agent Rashard Lewis once he clears waivers, source tells Y!

I hope Rashard still has something left in the tank but I really just don't see it.

This is exactly why the only strategy in the new CBA that will work is building superteams.

2 or 3 superstars + scrubs and veterans > a bunch of overpaid role players.

This is the only strategy that has ever worked. There have been only a handful of times where a team chipped without at least 1 HOFer and at least 1 perennial all-star around him.

DCX

DCX
SpearsNBAYahoo
Expect Heat, Celtics, Lakers, Hawks and Knicks to have interest in free agent Rashard Lewis once he clears waivers, source tells Y!

I hope Rashard still has something left in the tank but I really just don't see it.

This is the only strategy that has ever worked. There have been only a handful of times where a team chipped without at least 1 HOFer and at least 1 perennial all-star around him.

127996933061.gif

DCX

Mothman91

SpearsNBAYahoo

LOL, left in the tank?? hell no, he's just a liability now on offense/defense.

SpearsNBAYahoo

Didn't he pretty much fall off a cliff after he got caught juicing? He was pretty good in 09 on that shit.

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
Sources confirm Memphis has offered full midlevel to Ray Allen for 2 yrs. Bos willing to pay 2 yrs/$12 mill, tho no offer made yet.

Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
Knicks absolutely do not want to give up Shumpert. But, yes, if you add Landry to S&T scenario you can get close to $10M. Suns interested?

The New York media is going to be so sad when these rumors that make no sense don't happen. I mean, to start this, Fields gets a $10 million a year extension, what? He's a borderline NBA player.

Truphenom

The New York media is going to be so sad when these rumors that make no sense don't happen. I mean, to start this, Fields gets a $10 million a year extension, what? He's a borderline NBA player.

Idk, the Suns could probably appreciate the way he finds a way to charge instead of score, pass instead of score and freeze in fright instead of score.

I think both sides should go for it.

Even though Hibbert isn't worth the max, IMO Pacers have to match. They have no other option of getting a big man like him.

Lose him and you're fucked. It's not like the max starts at $15 mil anymore, it's $12 mil.

also, lol @ Wallace, Joe Johnson trade possibility, and some of the other shit going down. I told y'all a long time ago that in a closed system, this shit can't be fixed without guidelines. All they did was stop LT teams and shorten/lessen the boundaries.

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Mavs free agent guard Jason Terry getting interest from Boston, Grizzlies, Clippers, Suns and Mavs, source tells Yahoo!

Only need to get to 8 mil, IWMTB18

BobLoblaw

Banned
This. I mean, what are these GMs seeing that we as fans aren't? When I see Landry play, I see an off-the-bench role player with no starting potential at all. How the hell is an NBA executive seeing 10 million in value? What am I missing? :|

SpearsNBAYahoo

ibqLiRhSxHXHyn.gif

So here I sit watching all these borderline ridiculous offer to undeserving players and wondering: "Why in the blue hell did the lockout took place to begin with?"

Shard for the Vet Minimum on the Lakers isn't a bad thing. What's the harm? If he doesn't work out, whatever. Can't be any worse than Barnes was in the playoffs.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Mavs free agent guard Jason Terry getting interest from Boston, Grizzlies, Clippers, Suns and Mavs, source tells Yahoo!
Jet would be a good replacement for OJ Mayo. A true sixth man. Not sure who would work out better between him and Allen, but I'll go with Jet.

Blondie

Neo Member
I'm hoping either 'Shard, 'Tawn, or Camby come to the Heat for vet min or the mini-MLE. Any one of them is better than Howard, Curry, or Turiaf...

Truphenom

This. I mean, what are these GMs seeing that we as fans aren't? When I see Landry play, I see an off-the-bench role player with no starting potential at all. How the hell is an NBA executive seeing 10 million in value? What am I missing? :|

They're all prisoners of the moment apparently. Everyone wants to make a move regardless if its smart or not, then bitch about it later in a year or 2.

Hmm nobody seems to have shown much interest in Andre Miller and he's better than a lot of the names that have been thrown around
He's also 36.
I hope his value keeps fallin gso the Knicks can swoop in and sign him. At this point it's him/Felton/Hinrich for backup PGs. After that you gotta go dumpsterdiving.
SpearsNBAYahoo
what-the-fuck-man-shrugging-spiderman-PxcXue.jpg

Branduil

Yeah but at least in the past you could keep your role players by going over the cap. The new tax penalties basically mean you need to follow the Heat method.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Ken Berger said:
Seriously?

Here is what really happened. When the Magic were in San Antonio for their final game before the trade deadline, officials from the organization had the necessary waiver paperwork in hand. Howard addressed his teammates at the team hotel the morning of the game, told them he was "all in," and wanted to sign the papers. Team officials wanted him to focus on the game and deal with the issue when they returned to Orlando.

On the flight home, sources said, Howard still wanted to sign the waiver. Team officials didn't feel comfortable with Howard signing the paperwork that would end the trade saga without Howard's agent, Dan Fegan, or some other legal representative present.

When the team landed in Orlando in the middle of the night, Smith drove to the airport to greet the flight. Howard again indicated he wanted to sign the waiver, but Smith -- with whom Howard had grown close -- told him he didn't want such an important and meaningful decision about his future to be made on some tarmac at 3 a.m. They agreed that Howard should go home and sleep on it. He showed up at the Magic practice facility the next day -- hours before the trade deadline -- and signed the waiver.

Does that sound like blackmail to you? Does that sound like coercion?

What a whore.

Emergenzy

Neo Member
Is it true that Perry Jones III could have been the number 1 pick last season I he hadn't of chose to play at Baylor another year? I see him as a more versatile version of Ibaka. He can move his feet better and can shoot from anywhere. Plus he's also a shot blocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom