• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noirulus

Wait, are the Raptors really going to offer Nash $12M/yr? What the fuck? I thought we were tanking to pick up talent, WHY ARE WE WASTING A HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY ON A 38 YEAR OLD?

I've been really caught up with Soccer fever so I haven't been following this off-season much at all. Can someone tell me if Terrence Ross is a good prospect? Everybody seems to be bitching at BC for picking this guy. Oh god Valanciunas and this Ross kid better work out for us...

BobLoblaw

Banned
no way we're getting Dwight w/o Bynum. That's a crack pipe dream.
This. And since Orlando management knows that Dwight doesn't want to go to LA, they'll likely ship his ass out there just for spite if they can get a trade. Question is why would the Lakers do the Bynum/Howard trade and risk losing Bynum for one season of Howard? Man I love NBA free agency

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
http://www.hoopsworld.com/orlando-magic-prepared-to-trade-dwight-howard

This is just the latest in a string of events that have caused many within the Magic organization to grow tired of Howard. Several of Howard’s teammates are hoping for his departure as well. Toward the end of last season, Howard came close to a physical altercation with teammate Jameer Nelson at the Magic’s practice facility. Howard was sidelined with a back injury at the time, but nearly came to blows with Nelson for unknown reasons, according to sources. The two players had to be separated.

Jameer would have whooped his ass.

League on notice.

fhPwa.jpg

Enough already. We don't care that much about a rookie that hasn't played a minute in the NBA yet.

Wait, are the Raptors really going to offer Nash $12M/yr? What the fuck? I thought we were tanking to pick up talent, WHY ARE WE WASTING A HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY ON A 38 YEAR OLD?

Because it'll be cool. Stop being anti-Canadian on Canada Day. Our tanking to pick up talent sucked anyway.

I've been really caught up with Soccer fever so I haven't been following this off-season much at all. Can someone tell me if Terrence Ross is a good prospect?

He's probably going to be a really, really solid backup shooting guard. The kind of 7th or 8th man every 6th seed needs.

This. And since Orlando management knows that Dwight doesn't want to go to LA, they'll likely ship his ass out there just for spite if they can get a trade. Question is why would the Lakers do the Bynum/Howard trade and risk losing Bynum for one season of Howard? Man I love NBA free agency

Dwight won't be in LA w/o a guaranteed extension. He'll end up in Houston if the Nets don't get him.

Besides, no Bynum means he'd be option 1a. It should just be one, but Kobe runs shit and COTY Mike Brown is spineless.

Odom back with the Clippers? lol

Mrbob

Snap up those D12 Magic Loyalty shirts now. Soon to be a collector's item!

I'm surprised the media isn't giving it to Howard as much as they gave it to James. The Decision was stupid, but he didn't drag this drama back and forth like Howard has.

Snap up those D12 Magic Loyalty shirts now. Soon to be a collector's item!

I'm surprised the media isn't giving it to Howard as much as they gave it to James. The Decision was stupid, but he didn't drag this drama back and forth like Howard has.

They will when it gets closer to completion. They were pretty harsh during the trade deadline, too.

Brinbe

Fuck off, Dwight...

I've been really caught up with Soccer fever so I haven't been following this off-season much at all. Can someone tell me if Terrence Ross is a good prospect? Everybody seems to be bitching at BC for picking this guy. Oh god Valanciunas and this Ross kid better work out for us...

Well, Ross can stroke a 3, rebound and defend, so at a minimum, he'll better than DeRozan's inefficient ass. Also, just watch and imagine those feeds from Nash.

Get a twitter account and follow reporters. Seriously.

I've always refused to get Twitter but I've been considering it more and more exclusively for sports. I keep a Cardinals beat writer's twitter open on my phone at all times and it's shown me how awesome it can be for sports news. Just wanted to block out all the narcissistic douches on there, FB is bad enough. Can you make it so that you cannot be found by others on Twitter?

Branduil

The union should tell Dwight to go jump in a lake full of herpes. Then again I think Dwight has probably already done that.

I've always refused to get Twitter but I've been considering it more and more exclusively for sports. I keep a Cardinals beat writer's twitter open on my phone at all times and it's shown me how awesome it can be for sports news. Just wanted to block out all the narcissistic douches on there, FB is bad enough. Can you make it so that you cannot be found by others on Twitter?
You can make your own tweets only visible to followers.

Not sure about hiding your account but probably.

cashman

Banned

just use your gaf name as your username.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...anta-hawks-talk-joe-johnson-trade-sources-say

The Brooklyn Nets and Hawks are engaged in ongoing talks on a multiplayer deal that would send several expiring contracts to the Atlanta for All-Star guard Joe Johnson, according to sources briefed on the discussions.

But sources told ESPN.com that the Nets fear that they'll be surrendering too much financial flexibility in the trade as currently structured, which has placed the deal in jeopardy.

Another big stumbling block, sources said, is Atlanta's insistence that Brooklyn include promising Nets guard MarShon Brooks in the trade.

Sources say that the Nets, furthermore, will only go ahead with this trade if they know that Deron Williams -- this summer's No. 1 free agent -- has verbally committed to re-signing with Brooklyn.

The most recent proposal, sources said, would call for the Nets to send the expiring contracts of Jordan Farmar, Johan Petro, Anthony Morrow and Jordan Williams to the Hawks in exchange for Johnson.

Sources say that the Nets, though, would prefer to complete a deal with the Hawks by including at least one of their free agents via sign-and-trade -- most likely Gerald Green -- and by hanging onto to one or two of the aforementioned expiring contracts.

If the Nets can convince the Hawks to take on Green or perhaps Kris Humphries in a sign-and-trade, it would allow them to stay over the salary cap and keep their mid-level exception to sign an additional free agent. Sources say that the Nets have serious interest in Bosnian free-agent forward Mirza Teletovic to add additional frontcourt depth.

hey remember when that one guy got all offended when i called him Toney Scrublous and claimed he was a good player?
He was before he had shoulder surgery. 2nd half of the 10-11 season, he led the NBA in 3 pointers made. Don't blame him, blame the Knicks for thinking he was PG.

Nelo Ice

Banned
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...anta-hawks-talk-joe-johnson-trade-sources-say

The Brooklyn Nets and Hawks are engaged in ongoing talks on a multiplayer deal that would send several expiring contracts to the Atlanta for All-Star guard Joe Johnson, according to sources briefed on the discussions.

But sources told ESPN.com that the Nets fear that they'll be surrendering too much financial flexibility in the trade as currently structured, which has placed the deal in jeopardy.

Another big stumbling block, sources said, is Atlanta's insistence that Brooklyn include promising Nets guard MarShon Brooks in the trade.

Sources say that the Nets, furthermore, will only go ahead with this trade if they know that Deron Williams -- this summer's No. 1 free agent -- has verbally committed to re-signing with Brooklyn.

The most recent proposal, sources said, would call for the Nets to send the expiring contracts of Jordan Farmar, Johan Petro, Anthony Morrow and Jordan Williams to the Hawks in exchange for Johnson.

Sources say that the Nets, though, would prefer to complete a deal with the Hawks by including at least one of their free agents via sign-and-trade -- most likely Gerald Green -- and by hanging onto to one or two of the aforementioned expiring contracts.

If the Nets can convince the Hawks to take on Green or perhaps Kris Humphries in a sign-and-trade, it would allow them to stay over the salary cap and keep their mid-level exception to sign an additional free agent. Sources say that the Nets have serious interest in Bosnian free-agent forward Mirza Teletovic to add additional frontcourt depth.

Billy King must be the only GM in the league that believes Joe Johnson is worth trading for.

Ok, I created a twitter account and have added my teams and the primary beat writers. Who are the names I should be adding for NBA? I have Adam Schefter and Mike Jurecki for NFL news but no idea who the top guys for NBA are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom