• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
@MikeWellsNBA said:
The Pacers are already looking at other options at center. They've reached to out Omer Asik, who was with Chicago last season
@MikeWellsNBA said:
The max contract the Pacers can offer Hibbert is 5 years for about $79 million

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
@ChrisBHaynes

I'm being told Minnesota is Nicolas Batum's preferred destination. They have a great shot at coming to terms on an agreement.

There should be a sign and trade. You guys can take back old man Wes.

KingGondo

Banned
Is it true that Perry Jones III could have been the number 1 pick last season I he hadn't of chose to play at Baylor another year? I see him as a more versatile version of Ibaka. He can move his feet better and can shoot from anywhere. Plus he's also a shot blocker.
He almost certainly would have been a top 10 pick last season on potential alone.

He had an incredibly inconsistent season last year, though.

The good thing is that he's unlikely to play any minutes of significance this year barring a major trade or injury.

giga

I don't know about trading key pieces for Howard. For all we know, he'll leave after one year when his contract is done.

You can take a bag of go fuck yourself.

ibxVLTr1ySt9vm.jpg

Nelo Ice

Banned

I think I'll take this headcase over our current one if this has any chance of happening. It's not like we have much choice in getting a franchise center anyway when there's only like 3 in the league and 2 of them being complete idiots while the other is always injured.

OKC would be crazy to give Ibaka a max contract. I could see Harden, but Ibaka gives you nothing on the offensive side of the ball and he disappeared in the Finals. Granted, Harden disappeared too, but at least Harden had some enormous games prior to the Finals.

I hope Dwight goes to the Lakers so Deron will be forced to sign with Dallas.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't know about trading key pieces for Howard. For all we know, he'll leave after one year when his contract is done.

What happens when the Nets get Joe Johnson and some other pieces? He might want to play in Brooklyn but it will literally be impossible. Could definitely see him signing long term for the Lakers and I'd imagine the Magic will wait until Billy King makes it impossible for him to be in Brooklyn.

So probably in a few days.

KingJ2002

I think the risk is worth it for the Lakers.

hell no!

we do not need a dwight rental for andrew bynum. if he wants to go to the nets... let him go.

did you see what chris paul did with that move to the clippers?

straight bait-and-switch

im starting to hate this super friends shit the NBA is going through.

linsivvi

So, yeah, give Bynum for Howard straight up, then Howard walks at the end of the season is worth it for the Lakers? #scratcheshead

Uh yes? First I don't think he'll leave, and secondly if they keep Bynum they'll have to give him a new contract after this season. As it is the Lakers have nobody under contract after 13-14. Either Howard stays or the team goes into compete rebuilding mode. Having Bynum on the team would fuck that up.

hell no!

we do not need a dwight rental for andrew bynum. if he wants to go to the nets... let him go.

straight bait-and-switch

Only one team pulled it off though.

reilo

RT @dailythunder: Scott Brooks deal is done, reports @daldridgetnt. Four years, $4+ million a year.

KingJ2002

Only one team pulled it off though.

two teams

the celtics and then the heat

now everyone is trying to super friends their way to a ring.

chris paul is trying to be a knick again.

i wish OKC got that chip... just destroy all that crap and return to team ball.

like what the pistons did back in 04

they saved us from ourselves (lakers)... went too hollywood with superstars playing selfish basketball and lost because of it.

Uh yes? First I don't think he'll leave, and secondly if they keep Bynum they'll have to give him a new contract after this season. As it is the Lakers have nobody under contract after 13-14. Either Howard stays or the team goes into compete rebuilding mode. Having Bynum on the team would fuck that up.

THIS THIS THIS. This is why I was driving the Drew for Melo bandwagon so hard last season. I don't want Elden Campbell 2.0 making $18 million against our cap in 2 years when Kobe and Pau are gone. If we can add a long term star like Deron or Dwight now, so be it, but otherwise just try and compete for the next 2 years and make tweaks to the core and then blow it all up when Kobe/Pau expire.

KingGondo

Banned
RT @dailythunder: Scott Brooks deal is done, reports @daldridgetnt. Four years, $4+ million a year.
At least it's over and management can focus on the Harden and Ibaka situation.

You have to give him some credit, but I think he misuses our talent at times.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
hell no!

straight bait-and-switch

Dwight can't go to Brooklyn if they give up waiting on his ass. There is a very high possibility this plays itself out over the next few weeks. It's why he's hilariously threatening legal action against Orlando. He knows it and he's totally desperate.

Pretty much. Granted Jim Buss may be stupid enough to give him the max if he's not traded.

lol, all 30 teams would offer a bynum a max if Roy Hibbert is getting one.

I don't think Dwight would up an leave if traded to LAL. I wonder if this would engage Deron into coming to LA somehow...

Meanwhile, I like the Lakers going after Brandon Rush. Would upgrade the backup 2 spot tremendously and also allow Kobe to play some SF.

reilo

At least it's over and management can focus on the Harden and Ibaka situation.

You have to give him some credit, but I think he misuses our talent at times.

He's the reason OKC blew game 4.

lol, all 30 teams would offer a bynum a max if Roy Hibbert is getting one.

I don't think Dwight would up an leave if traded to LAL. I wonder if this would engage Deron into coming to LA somehow...

Meanwhile, I like the Lakers going after Brandon Rush. Would upgrade the backup 2 spot tremendously and also allow Kobe to play some SF.

There's a difference between the kind of max Roy can get, versus the one that Bynum can get.

the fuck.

@EMasseyReport said:
The #Lakers and #Magic are engaged in trade discussions for Dwight Howard that would NOT include Andrew Bynum, according to reports.
omg, mitch still gunning for a kobe/deron/dwight lineup.
iDKsIctihAifW.gif

edit:
Another source said that the talks between the #Magic and #Lakers DOES include Bynum. Will be interesting to see what happens.
dammit. someone tell otis smith he'll accept pau in orlando and LIKE IT.

He's the reason OKC blew game 4.

There's a difference between the kind of max Roy can get, versus the one that Bynum can get.

True, but he'd still get it from all 30 teams. If Hibbert is worth 12, then Bynum is worth $16 or whatever starting it is (he doesn't have a max now, so it's not as high as $18 IIRC).

the fuck.

omg, mitch still gunning for a kobe/deron/dwight lineup.
iDKsIctihAifW.gif

edit:

dammit. someone tell otis smith he'll like pau in orlando and LIKE IT.

lol, this is too good to be true.

And Hibbert has officially taken Rashard Lewis place as the most overpayed player in the league if he gets the max. The hell is Portland thinking? They need Kevin Pritchard back.

lol if Lakers get Dwight without giving up Bynum then shift Bynum for Deron.

I think that dude is full of shit, though. It'll be Dwight for Bynum and Lakers keeping Ramon. Though, the right play would be to go after Nash at $8 mil per, but he won't come for even $12. That bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom