• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekad

Banned
You sound like a clutchfans forum homer now :( Can't we just sign his wife.

Sorry I'm flat out against paying this overrated guy that kinda of money. I'm all for tanking for years to come, not to throw the money at Asik.

How is he overrated? 7'0''.Great defender. Great rebounder. Terrible on offense. Sounds about right for 4/$32mil.

Anyway, Lowry/Lamb/Parsons/Motie/Asik shouldn't win a lot of games. They just need to get something for Martin, Scola, and Dragic.

bjb

Banned
Can't believe all these teams offering Ray Allen midlevel's.

It's like nobody saw the brick mansion he built during the playoffs.

Ok, I created a twitter account and have added my teams and the primary beat writers. Who are the names I should be adding for NBA? I have Adam Schefter and Mike Jurecki for NFL news but no idea who the top guys for NBA are.

Go to one of the people you followed and click on the people they're following if you want to get a ton more.

I think Morris will be starting. But the suns and cats are both going for an all time epic tank race.

Panzers at 100yards

Yeah, i'd love to see gortat shipped out for another top 10 pick next draft.

Think anyone else will be in the running with the two of us? Pistons? I just hope Sarver doesn't fuck it up to get people in the seats... Pretty worried about that actually, could grab a few mediocre players that get us just outside or around pick 10 when we should get a top 5.

I'm just glad we FINALLY have all our picks going forward. Now if we can just start stock piling some...in a Sarver era? Not holding my breath.

giri

Think anyone else will be in the running with the two of us? Pistons? I just hope Sarver doesn't fuck it up to get people in the seats... Pretty worried about that actually, could grab a few mediocre players that get us just outside or around pick 10 when we should get a top 5.

I'm just glad we FINALLY have all our picks going forward. Now if we can just start stock piling some...in a Sarver era? Not holding my breath.

Yeah, we hold all our picks, but aren't owed any either.

I don't think anyone else will be as terrible as the suns/cats.

Maybe the Nets & Bucks.

But i think Washington/Cleveland/Toronto all actually want to try winning this year.

Out west, i think the kings have finally got too much talent to get another top 5 pick.
NO, if healthy, should not be a top 5 (or maybe 5th) team.

Houston could be. Depends how they fix their stupid roster.

So i think the Top 5 picks will be suns/cats/bucks/nets with the 5th decided depending on how the team is doing before they start tanking.

Yeah, we hold all our picks, but aren't owed any either.

I don't think anyone else will be as terrible as the suns/cats.

Maybe the Nets & Bucks.

But i think Washington/Cleveland/Toronto all actually want to try winning this year.

Out west, i think the kings have finally got too much talent to get another top 5 pick.
NO, if healthy, should not be a top 5 (or maybe 5th) team.

Houston could be. Depends how they fix their stupid roster.

So i think the Top 5 picks will be suns/cats/bucks/nets with the 5th decided depending on how the team is doing before they start tanking.

We have to see how FA goes to really predict, Nets are reportedly going after a lot of names so depending on who they land, they could actually be a good team and be nowhere near the lottery. Houston looking at a bunch of players too so I guess we'll have to wait until this blows over to get a better picture. You're not worried that Sarver will screw our tanking effort over with signings? I know we won't be good enough to get into the playoffs regardless, but he could screw us out of a top ten pick and we really need a top 5 pick.

SamuraiX-

Man, going down memory lane. lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ohGwkgHY9M&feature=player_detailpage#t=431s

And wow, Luke walton was a really good post up player....never really watched the lakers during there 09 run(dang you school). That back injury cut short his career bad. There are several other post up players earlier in the quarter.

I'd look really good in the post too if you let me back down a guy in isolation who's 3 inches shorter than me and 35 pounds lighter.

Vire

So I just got home and I see that Gerald Wallace was offered a $40 Million contract.

wat.

explain this to me.

Emwitus

I'd look really good in the post too if you let me back down a guy 3 inches shorter than me and 35 pounds lighter.

Regardless of who he was going against his post up form and finish is good.

EDIT: Reminds me of lebron in 11' finals when he couldn't post up JJ barea.

Man, going down memory lane. lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ohGwkgHY9M&feature=player_detailpage#t=431s

And wow, Luke walton was a really good post up player

you made that acclamation after just one play?
ibqLiRhSxHXHyn.gif

giri

We have to see how FA goes to really predict, Nets are reportedly going after a lot of names so depending on who they land, they could actually be a good team and be nowhere near the lottery. Houston looking at a bunch of players too so I guess we'll have to wait until this blows over to get a better picture. You're not worried that Sarver will screw our tanking effort over with signings? I know we won't be good enough to get into the playoffs regardless, but he could screw us out of a top ten pick and we really need a top 5 pick.

No, i'm not worried about signings ruining our tank.

I'm more worried about them being toxic in the locker room.

Beasley / Crawford aren't going to stop us being the worst or second worst in the west.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Ol Roy selling his former players down the river

"Harrison Barnes fell only a few places, ending up with Golden State at No. 7. But that might have been a result of his North Carolina coach, Roy Williams, telling a few NBA people that Barnes would have achieved more if not for his inconsistent effort. .."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/deron-williams-follow-money-back-nets-new-brooklyn-franchise-offer-26m-article-1.1105483?pgno=1

Roy should eat a dick

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fuck Asik is a Rocket.

Fuck you Morey, Fuck you Les!

Only happy if you run the O through him for 3 years and it makes us even worse.

I truly hate the NBA right now.

"8.36 Mil a year for Omer."

Fucking joke.

SamuraiX-

David Locke echoed some of my sentiments on Lillard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH2-RAri4tE&feature=related

I'll hold my judgment about him for now. He reminds me a lot of what I thought about Isiah Thomas when he played at Washington, so I didn't really think it was much of a steal getting him with the 60th pick until he started demonstrating his court vision, instincts, and BBallIQ with the Kings.

We'll see if Lillard can adapt.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Fuck Asik is a Rocket.

Fuck you Morey, Fuck you Les!

Only happy if you run the O through him for 3 years and it makes us even worse.

I truly hate the NBA right now.

"8.36 Mil a year for Omer."

Fucking joke.
Bulls can still match

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop

Rockets will sign Omer Asik to 3-year, $25 million deal on July 11. Bulls will have 3 days to match. 3rd year approaches $15 million. "

:|

3 days :(

SamuraiX-

Tough choice for the Bulls.

If they match, they're not gonna be able to go after guys like Ray-Ray, Mayo, etc. and they're probably gonna lose Taj next off-season.

Gotta assess who's more important. I would say it's in their best interests not to match.

Doomsayer

Tough choice for the Bulls.

If they match, they're not gonna be able to go after guys like Ray-Ray, Mayo, etc. and they're probably gonna lose Taj next off-season.

Gotta assess who's more important. I would say it's in their best interests not to match.

The Bulls need Asik, but he isn't that important.

The League has a premium on big men though, so I can see them matching the offer.

"K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop

Rockets will sign Omer Asik to 3-year, $25 million deal on July 11. Bulls will have 3 days to match. 3rd year approaches $15 million. "

:|

3 days :(

How can the 3rd year approach $15 million? That makes no sense at all. Can't go from from $5 for 2 years to $15 by rules. only 4% raise, max for leaving your team.

Anyway, lolololol Morey. Linguini ain't worth that. Half.

giri

How can the 3rd year approach $15 million? That makes no sense at all. Can't go from from $5 for 2 years to $15 by rules. only 4% raise, max for leaving your team.

Isn't the 4% raise only for max contracts though? as long as he's not on a max they can raise as much as they want?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Can't believe all these teams offering Ray Allen midlevel's.

It's like nobody saw the brick mansion he built during the playoffs.

It's like he was hurt or something...

Matrix

I have no clue hence the :| face.

edit- I think giri is right

thekad

Banned
Two years of a top 5 rebounding/defensive center at $5mil a year and then a huge expiring contract in the third year. Sounds good.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
when was the last time a backup center went somewhere and did really good?

J.Oneal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom