• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"It's being backloaded so the Bulls won't match. They'll have lux tax issues if they match it"

Fucking Morey.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
lol, kad trolling his own team now.

Whats funny was I always thought Kad only started liking the Rockets cause of Tmac like Dm, but stayed around as a fan unlike Dm. Maybe I confused him with another poster on this board.

Kad is spinning this like Morey.

Matrix

the third year of that asik deal is 15,000,000.00. yes i had to type it all out

jesus FUKCING CHRIST I HATE LIFE

WE GOT A TOP 5 REBOUNDER/BEST DEFENDER AT C IN THE NBA.... WAKE UP SMOKEY! HE'S WORTH EVEN MORE THAN THAT!

Branduil

Gortat put up 15/10/1.5 last year. If he was in Los Angeles he'd be an "all-star" and "the second best center in the league."

Matrix

Heck we have dumb asses on clutchfans that think royce white is the next lebron.

giri

Gortat isnt really good...

Gortat put up 15/10/1.5 last year. If he was in Los Angeles he'd be an "all-star" and "the second best center in the league."

telling the truth is hating now?

People have been over rating gortat for a few seasons.

Gortat is, as you said, OK. Nothing more, nothing less. I mean, in the second last game of the seasons Derrick Favors had about 6 blocks on him. All clean. He got completely embarassed.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
People have been over rating gortat for a few seasons.

Gortat is, as you said, OK. Nothing more, nothing less.

If Nash leaves he will be back down to 8 ppg 10 rebounds..

Matrix

Gortat could at least put the ball through the hoop, so I wasn't as grossed out with the Rockets going after him at the time. Asik is worthless on O, completely worthless.

Rockets are as dumb as Dwight Howard.

thekad

Banned
The contract is 5mil -> 5.25 mil -> 14.85 mil

If the Bulls don't match, this is actually a good signing; all the money is loaded into the expiring year.

Blackace

He'll be fine. He looked pretty good with Jameer Nelson too.

People forget for a bit there Nelson knew how to play the PG position.. That's why I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up with career numbers on a new team..

SamuraiX-

I thought everyone shared the opinion of Gortat being a good backup and an OK starter. NBAgaf always surprises.

Seriously.

I remember calling him out no too long ago and saying he really wasn't that good and then I proceeded to get shit on by everyone and their momma in here claiming that he was easily a quality starting big in this league.

Never change, BestGAF!

giri

Him being able to stay healthy makes him a better option than Bogut.

Pekovic, DMC, as much as i hate to say it, nene.

he's squarely "middle of the pack".

He's, Ok.

Seriously.

I remember calling him out no too long ago and saying he really wasn't that good and then I proceeded to get shit on by everyone and their momma in here claiming that he was easily a quality starting big in this league.

Never change, BestGAF!

He is a starting quality 5 in the NBA.

But that doesn't mean he's an all star.

Blackace

No, it doesn't.

Dwight, Bynum, M.Gasol, Tyson, Bogut, all better and thats with out having to look.

Monroe, DMC, Jefferson, Hibbert (who will have a shittier contract tho), Al Horford (who should be a PF)..

Gortat in a shitty center league isn't that good...

Blackace

So he's still like a top 10 center then. I don't think he's amazing but he's a lot better than an okay center.

so he is like a top 20 center.. we just listed about 15 centers better than him a few post ago..

giri

Monroe, DMC, Jefferson, Hibbert (who will have a shittier contract tho), Al Horford (who should be a PF)..

Gortat in a shitty center league isn't that good...

I hesitate to add monroe, though last season showed promise, because his defense is pourus.

And after hibberts performance in the miami series i rate rafer alston as a higher quality starting C.

Yes, i meant skip to my lou.

Branduil

Pekovic, DMC, as much as i hate to say it, nene.

he's squarely "middle of the pack".

He's, Ok.

He is a starting quality 5 in the NBA.

But that doesn't mean he's an all star.

Nene can't even rebound. Cousins I would agree, although he plays crap defense.

Blackace

I hesitate to add monroe, though last season showed promise, because his defense is pourus.

And after hibberts performance in the miami series i rate rafer alston as a higher quality starting C.

Yes, i meant skip to my lou.

lol.. Hibbert knows the game well.. The Pacers are a really untalented team..

Monroe will never play good D but his high and low post game is stupid

Blackace

Where would you put Pekovic?
Pek is one of the better centers in the league.. He gets over looked a lot because of injuries and where he plays (no offense) I hope he has a full season to get his props.. Also if they add a SG with outside shooting... man...
So then why are we arguing about him not being that good and not being worth the money he's getting paid?

We are talking is he good..

I just wondered why teams have been forever paying backup centers starter money... O'Neal and I guess Gortat are the only 2 I can think that have really panned out..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom