• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekad

Banned
A 3 year deal at $25.1 mil under the Arenas Provision would pay Asik roughly $5 mil, $5.2 mil, and $14.9 mil in each of the next 3 years.

For the Rockets, the Arenas Provision means that for the purpose of calculating the Rockets team salary, the contract counts as roughly $8.36 mil, $8.36 mil and $8.36 mil in each of the next 3 years (despite the payments being back-loaded, the cap hit is not). However, if the Bulls were to match, the contract would count as $5 mil, $5.2 mil and $14.9 mil.

Eh, not as good then, though this pretty much seals off any hope for Dwight. Here comes the tank!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Is every free agent obligated to put the Knicks on their list? None of them are going to sign there and in some of the cases the Knicks wouldn't want them in the first place.

Vire

Holy poo poo 25 million for Asik? The dude averaged 3 points and was a liability on offense.

Have these GM's lost their damn minds or are they that desperate...

Everyone knows that by putting the Knicks on their list they're just trying to drive up their price.

I get the idea, if you say The Knicks are interested people assume they need to be aggressive and quick because The Knicks are welling to give Max deals to concession stand managers. But The Knicks can't afford to sign anyone at the moment.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Eh, not as good then, though this pretty much seals off any hope for Dwight. Here comes the tank!

It's disgusting all around.... we could easily tank without Asik.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Holy poo poo 25 million for Asik?

Have these GM's lost their damn minds or are they that desperate...

There have been FAR worse deals than this one.. it is a little WTF but it isn't point and laugh bad...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

"@ZachLowe_SI

My point: $8M/year to a guy w/ chance to be elite rebounder + one of league's half-dozen best big man defenders is not crazy."

Yes cause a SI beat writer knows all. It is crazy, this whole league is still crazy. Lock this league again.

Bigs get paid. Darko got $5M a year.

kwame_brown_136319586.jpg

Edit: curse you, Blakeace

thekad

Banned
It's disgusting all around.... we could easily tank without Asik.

Well, he's Dalembert, but younger and better. No one would scoff at that deal for Dalembert.

Asik just needs to prove he can do what he did in Chicago for 30 minutes a game.

Matrix

Well, he's Dalembert, but younger and better. No one would scoff at that deal for Dalembert.

Asik just needs to prove he can do what he did in Chicago for 30 minutes a game.

Dalembert had more O than Asik which makes it even sadder.

Odds are he doesn't. Waste of money for a team tanking.

Blackace

If he can put up 2006 - 08 Dalembert numbers it would be a good signing

Vire

Keep telling yourself that. I much rather have Dalembert... he could at least score.

Asik averaged 3 points a game and was a disaster on offense. Did you see him against the 76ers? He lost it for them.

This is smack your head what the fuck are you doing Rockets worthy.

I don't know what's worse, the Wallace for 40 mil or this.

giri

lol.. Hibbert knows the game well.. The Pacers are a really untalented team..

Monroe will never play good D but his high and low post game is stupid

Hibbert was abysmal and can squarely blame him self for the pacers not making the ECF.

And i'm entirely serious.

Guy had one good game.

After that he got out played by joel anthony.

I was a huge hibbert fan. But that series showed that he'll never be good enough mentally or game wise, to be anything other than another OK starting C.

He was the tallets guy on the floor by 5 inches at times! for extended times! ffs.

pilonv1

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

In Year 3 of Asik deal, Bulls have Rose ($18.9M), Boozer ($16.8M) and Noah ($12.2M) on books. And Chicago has historically avoided tax.

Bulls will have $62.4million in 4 players if they match this deal.

Vire

Hibbert was abysmal and can squarely blame him self for the pacers not making the ECF.

Guy had one good game.

I was a huge hibbert fan. But that series showed that he'll never be good enough mentally or game wise, to be anything other than another OK starting C.

He was the tallets guy on the floor by 5 inches at times! for extended times! ffs.

Hibbert sucks, if you can't take advantage with Bosh down, I don't know what the fuck you are doing.

Our next tallest dude is 6-8'

Blackace

Guy had one good game.

I can't defend him in that series at all.... nothing positive can be said

But for the last two years he has played really well.. I think he could turn into a better player in the right team.. Portland with a rookie PG might not be that team... but oh well..

giri

I can't defend him in that series at all.... nothing positive can be said

But for the last two years he has played really well.. I think he could turn into a better player in the right team.. Portland with a rookie PG might not be that team... but oh well..

I always thought the same thing. I was a big Hibbert booster on here (and agree'd with you on monroe too!) but that series destroyed any belief i have in him.

So god damn disappointing. I really thought the pacers were one piece away. Now i'm not so sure.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
They can't match. I love the guy but that's too much money especially with the ways things are right now. Who knows how long it's gonna take Rose to come back.

Blackace

Hibbert sucks, if you can't take advantage with Bosh down, I don't know what the fuck you are doing.

Our next tallest dude is 6-8'

Udonis Haslem is a rough defender, who has been playing hard D on taller players for awhile..

again no defensive for Hibbert's poor showing but let's not act like Udonis Haslem isn't a good defender..

thekad

Banned
Keep telling yourself that. I much rather have Dalembert... he could at least score.

Asik averaged 3 points a game and was a disaster on offense. Did you see him against the 76ers? He lost it for them.

This is smack your head what the fuck are you doing Rockets worthy.

I don't know what's worse, the Wallace for 40 mil or this.

:lol Dalembert can't score. He was terribad on offense and didn't make up for it on the defensive end. He lost his starting job to Camby at the end of the year, a guy with a career average of less than 10 points a game.

Blackace

I always thought the same thing. I was a big Hibbert booster on here (and agree'd with you on monroe too!) but that series destroyed any belief i have in him.

So god damn disappointing. I really thought the pacers were one piece away. Now i'm not so sure.

I think the Pacers were a fucking mess of a team and Hibbert was the glue that made them run. Which is not exactly where you want to be..

giri

:lol Dalembert can't score. He was terribad on offense and didn't make up for it on the defensive end. He lost his starting job to Camby at the end of the year, a guy with a career average of less than 10 points a game.

Actually, the worst thing about Delmbert is that the thinks he CAN score and so takes shots or demands them. And if he's not getting plays run for him, he'll find a way to get his shots, to the detriment of the team.

If he could play within him self, he'd be so much more valuable a player.

I think the Pacers were a fucking mess of a team and Hibbert was the glue that made them run. Which is not exactly where you want to be..

The one thing that COULD save hibbert, is that i think Vogel is a terrible offensive coach. He really needs to go back to being an assistant, and not the head coach.

You can recycle those for Asik and actually make them even more negative.

Your Asik meltdowns will be glorious. I kinda hope Houston makes the playoffs just to see them at full power.

Vire

You can recycle those for Asik and actually make them even more negative.

Your Asik meltdowns will be glorious. I kinda hope Houston makes the playoffs just to see them at full power.

:lol

I'm kinda glad this happened, just so we can laugh at the Houston-GAF meltdowns.

I still feel bad that some teams have such bad GM's though...

Hibbert agreed with Portland....

Any chance IND matches the offer?

I think that would be a good fit with him. Portland likes to play ugly games on offense.

Blackace

The one thing that COULD save hibbert, is that i think Vogel is a terrible offensive coach. He really needs to go back to being an assistant, and not the head coach.

What about Portland...is Kaleb Canales going to remain head coach?

Matrix

:lol

I'm kinda glad this happened, just so we can laugh at the Houston-GAF meltdowns.

I still feel bad that some teams have such bad GM's though...

I'm already having a meltdown, as is Smokey (cut us some slack). Only Rocket fan that likes this is Kad and some homers at Clutchfans, so laugh at him when this turns out to be awful.

Vire

We don't want Camby!
stay away!

Camby had a pretty decent year last year, averaged close to 10 boards.

I'd gladly take him, but that isn't saying much considering our center position.

I'm already having a melt down, as is Smokey (cut us some slack). Only Rocket fan that likes this is Kad and some homers at Clutchfans, so laugh at him when this turns out to be awful.

:( Sorry.

Gabyskra

Banned
"Bigs get paid in this league".

Yeah, and it never works.

Rockets just gave 15% of the salary cap to Asik. Half of the max.

Kevin Love makes less than 14M by comparison.

giri

What about Portland...is Kaleb Canales going to remain head coach?

I think i remember Reilo indicating he would.

I'm not convinced on Canales, but there wasn't a lot of time for him to prove one way or the other last season.

Reilo seems to have raps on the guy. But then, he IS a blazer.

Though, here's a scary thought for portland. Hibbert and Aldridge would be one of the wrost rebounding front courts in the league.

LMA average 8rpg, and hibbert 8.8rpg last year. And that was hibberts best year ever.

Blackace

"Bigs get paid in this league".

Yeah, and it never works.

Rockets just gave 15% of the salary cap to Asik. Half of the max.

Kevin Love makes less than 14M by comparison.

Why bring up Kevin Love?

The only thing he does well as a big is rebound..

He doesn't defend well nor play on the block...

Might as well compare him to a SG..

Blackace

I think i remember Reilo indicating he would.

I'm not convinced on Canales, but there wasn't a lot of time for him to prove one way or the other last season.

Reilo seems to have raps on the guy. But then, he IS a blazer.

Though, here's a scary thought for portland. Hibbert and Aldridge would be one of the wrost rebounding front courts in the league.

LMA average 8rpg, and hibbert 8.8rpg last year. And that was hibberts best year ever.

It would give them a healthy front line something they have not had ever....

Vire

Jeremy Lin will learn a lot backing Steve Nash. Lin can be more himself playing off the bench.

0% chance Nash goes to the Knicks.

Wasn't he quoted saying the Knicks are looking on the outside in?

3 Million is a joke for Nash compared to what Toronto is offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom