• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabyskra

Banned
Though, here's a scary thought for portland. Hibbert and Aldridge would be one of the wrost rebounding front courts in the league.

LMA average 8rpg, and hibbert 8.8rpg last year. And that was hibberts best year ever.

Oh man, where to start with that one...

That's 17 rebounds total. Ibaka + Perkins + Collison ALTOGETHER amounted to a bit more than 18 boards. That's it. This would actually be really good for the Blazers.

That plus, getting 9 rebounds a game in less than 30 minutes a game is damn good.

Lin is going to Toronto?

z6QYi.gif

giri

That's 17 rebounds total. Ibaka + Perkins + Collison ALTOGETHER amounted to a bit more than 18 boards. That's it. This would actually be really good for the Blazers.

That plus, getting 9 rebounds a game in less than 30 minutes a game is damn good.

Is comparing the thunder lineups to those 2 really relevant? they run small with only one of those guys on the floor, a lot.

And for the record, i think Amare averaged over 8rpg every year he was a sun.

So....

Vire

Considering the Thunder got killed on the boards despite their size advantage against the Heat, that's nothing to boast about.

I'm not disagreeing though about Hibbert on the Blazers. That would be a decent pickup.

Gabyskra

Banned
Why bring up Kevin Love?

The only thing he does well as a big is rebound..

He doesn't defend well nor play on the block...

Might as well compare him to a SG..

Yeah, that's totally the same thing.

But I'll indulge you.

Remember how people said that Marc Gasol might have been paid a bit too much money? He's only 5M more a year expensive than Asik.

But whatever, that kind of thinking is exactly the kind of bullshit that justified signings like Jerome James, DeAndre Jordan, etc, keep at it and don't learn from it all...

I'm already having a meltdown, as is Smokey (cut us some slack). Only Rocket fan that likes this is Kad and some homers at Clutchfans, so laugh at him when this turns out to be awful.

I'm torn, I like Asik but not for 8 million. But in all reality who is gonna get paid on this team? We've already proven no one is gonna sign out right with us so it's not like cap space matters. We're also shipping out 12 million dollar Kevin Martin and 8 million Luis Scola. Im not sure how we're gonna reach the floor.

Gabyskra

Banned
Considering the Thunder got killed on the boards despite their size advantage against the Heat, that's nothing to boast about.

I'm not disagreeing though about Hibbert on the Blazers. That would be a decent pickup.

Come the fuck on, we're talking NBA Finalists there.

"Yeah, the team that came out of the West, beating the Lakers, the Mavs and the Spurs... not a good enough standard to judge the kind of frontcourt performance that is 'good' in this league"

Take another team if you'd like. Who had a starting frontcourt that got 17 boards in 66 minutes of individual play total? How many teams out of 30? And we're supposed to believe that would be "the worst rebounding frontcourt"? Sigh.

giri

Come the fuck on, we're talking NBA Finalists there.

"Yeah, the team that came out of the West, beating the Lakers, the Mavs and the Spurs... not a good enough standard to judge the kind of frontcourt performance that is 'good' in this league"

Take another team if you'd like. Who had a starting frontcourt that got 17 boards in 66 minutes of individual play total? How many teams out of 30? And we're supposed to believe that would be "the worst rebounding frontcourt"? Sigh.

Just because they came out of the west doesn't mean they're faultless. WTF are you going on about.

They rebound probably above average at the 3, 2, and 1. Thats why they can get away with it. Doesn't mean it's a good thing.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yeah, that's totally the same thing.

But I'll indulge you.

Remember how people said that Marc Gasol might have been paid a bit too much money? He's only 5M more a year expensive than Asik.

But whatever, that kind of thinking is exactly the kind of bullshit that justified signings like Jerome James, DeAndre Jordan, etc, keep at it and don't learn from it all...

Yeah, but they are paying Asik to be a traditional big man.. not a jump shooting big man which is what Love is.. comparing him to Gasol makes sense..

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
That, on the other hand, would be a bad signing.

They are not getting a superstar, they won't officially tank (why they signed Asik, for that D you talk about :p) and Camby still might be in the plans.

Hello 14th pick and shitty contracts.

Fuck the Rockets.

Props to the Astros new ownership who is embracing the tank.

giri

Yeah, but they are paying Asik to be a traditional big man.. not a jump shooting big man which is what Love is.. comparing him to Gasol makes sense..

Comparing Asik to M.Gasol doesn't make sense.

Gasol has range, good hands, good passing, ability to run the O out of the high post, all to go along with good defense.

Asiks closest comparison is probably perkins. with less O but better at PnR D.

Gabyskra

Banned
Just because they came out of the west doesn't mean they're faultless. WTF are you going on about.

They rebound probably above average at the 3, 2, and 1. Thats why they can get away with it. Doesn't mean it's a good thing.

You're arguing that someone who gets 9 boards a game in less than 30 minutes is a weak rebounder. What do you want him to do, average 11 in 30 minutes?

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/rebounds/sort/avgRebounds

How many teams have more than 2 players average 8 boards or more a game? There's the Lakers. That's it. The Bulls would have qualified if Noah didn't get hurt for so long.

That's IT.

And you say that would be "the WORST rebounding frontcourt"?

Shit, that's not even emphasis, it's beyond anything sensical

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Comparing Asik to M.Gasol doesn't make sense.

Gasol has range, good hands, good passing, ability to run the O out of the high post, all to go along with good defense.

Asiks closest comparison is probably perkins. with less O but better at PnR D.

Marc doesn't that great of range.. but he does have great hands and can pass well..

But at least he does go into the post and is more of your traditional big men in that sense..

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
The unrestricted free-agent center, Marcus Camby, has narrowed his choices to the New York Knicks, Miami Heat, San Antonio Spurs, Boston Celtics, and the Dallas Mavericks, a league source told CSNNW.com. CSNNW.com

What the hell indeed.

Shitty reporting/sources/rumors like usual.

thekad

Banned
They are not getting a superstar, they won't officially tank (why they signed Asik, for that D you talk about :p) and Camby still might be in the plans.

Hello 14th pick and shitty contracts.

Fuck the Rockets.

Props to the Astros new ownership who is embracing the tank.

Good rim protection isn't going to get a Lowry/Lamb/Parsons/Motie/Asik team to 30 wins. We'll get a top 10 pick plus whatever we can get for KMart and Scola to add to a core of players under the age of 26, two of which have all-star potential.

giri

Marc doesn't that great of range.. but he does have great hands and can pass well..

But at least he does go into the post and is more of your traditional big men in that sense..

Marc shot 44% last year from 10 - 15. On the whole, he averages mid to low 40's from 10 - 23ft.

He really can space. Marc does get down and dirty too, which is where you want him, and where he shoots about 70%.

To put it in context, Bosh (whom most consider a very good jump shooting big man) averages mid 40's from 10 - 23ft.

Matrix

Morey can't even land Asik? LOL if true

From Bulls forum...

"Bulls will match it according to the score radio.

Year 3 they are in trouble and they will have to dump salary. "

Vire

Morey can't even land Asik? LOL if true

From Bulls forum...

"Bulls will match it according to the score radio.

Year 3 they are in trouble and they will have to dump salary. "

Man, I'd love nothing more if the Bulls ended up stuck with that contract. lulz.

Matrix

Good rim protection isn't going to get a Lowry/Lamb/Parsons/Motie/Asik team to 30 wins. We'll get a top 10 pick plus whatever we can get for KMart and Scola to add to a core of players under the age of 26, two of which have all-star potential.

I'd like a top 5 pick hah I fear we are going to be stuck with Kmart, bad feeling.

giri

"Range" would be something like an 18 footer. That's not Gasol's shot.

average it out over his career,
2009 - 46%
2010 - 40%
2011 - 44%
2012 - 38%

thats 16 - 23ft.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying he's an elite shooter. But he can certainly space the floor, and you can't leave him unguarded out there. And that is a really great ability to have from your C.

SamuraiX-

Jason Jones ‏@mr_jasonjones
Asik and Hibbert getting big money. Kings will prob have to pay J.T. more than $6 mill/year is my guess now.

A big fat "fuck you" to Morey and Olshey.

It would be nice if we could just point and laugh, but NO, now the rest of the league also has to suffer because of incompetent GMs.

"If you left DeAndre Jordan in the gym all night and told him he couldn't dunk he'd have 6 points in the morning." - Sir Charles

holy shit LOL

are you for real?

He's a Clippers fan, so no.

thekad

Banned
2009 - 46%
2010 - 40%
2011 - 44%
2012 - 38%

thats 16 - 23ft.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying he's an elite shooter. But he can certainly space the floor, and you can't leave him unguarded out there. And that is a really great ability to have from your C.

Not sure where you're getting those stats from. bballreference.com has it at 46%(with only 69 shots), 30%, 41% (80 shots), and 39% for those four years.

Emergenzy

Neo Member
Is there anything new on CP3? I heard he declined the Clippers contract offer, but haven't heard anything about him having an interest in any other teams.

Is there anything new on CP3? I heard he declined the Clippers contract offer, but haven't heard anything about him having an interest in any other teams.

I believe he plans to sign when he can make more money.

He can do 3 years for 60 mil now or 5 years for 108 mil this summer. It's a business decision.

charsace

2009 - 46%
2010 - 40%
2011 - 44%
2012 - 38%

thats 16 - 23ft.

lol those numbers are elite for a center.

benjipwns

Banned
A source close to Los Angeles Lakers center Andrew Bynum’s camp reiterated that while he is not hoping to be traded, he would not be opposed to a rumored move that would send him to the Orlando Magic in exchange for disgrunted center Dwight Howard.
Should permanently affix "disgruntled" to "center" for Dwight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom