• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mxrz

I'm okay with Bynum for Dwight thesedays, but is it possible to send Hedo with him? Shedding horrible Otis contracts should be the priority.

Weird to think Bynum would welcomed as some kind of moral savior.

I miss the lockout.

Emergenzy

Neo Member
If the Nets land Howard, D Wil, and Joe Johnson they will have a solid starting lineup on paper. D Will, Johnson, Wallace, Humphries, Howard. I'm not sure why the lakers would pursue Howard. Why not go after a new PG or SF?

SamuraiX-

At $10 million a year? I'd rather bring back Lowry and let Dragic walk.

Stats from both when they started last season:

Kyle Lowry
duAVK.png

Goran Dragic
K7FDT.png

Dragic is worth every bit of that money and on the plus side he doesn't hate your coach.

diehard

Fleer
If the Nets land Howard, D Wil, and Joe Johnson they will have a solid starting lineup on paper. D Will, Johnson, Wallace, Humphries, Howard. I'm not sure why the lakers would pursue Howard. Why not go after a new PG or SF?

if you get 2 of the top 10 players in league, your starting lineup is better than solid.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lowry doesn't like the coach. If you're trying to tank right let them both go and sign some fringe NBA players.

I don't think anyone understands or can accept the idea of really tanking in Houston... well besides people who follow the Stros still.

We should have started the moment Yao retired, but Les cant deal with it. As crappy as Morey has been lately, Les doesn't help the situation. He won't let Morey really tank the team.

As for the whole Goran vs Lowry.... since the Rockets have no problems giving Asssssheeeet bs money, I'd rather pay for Goran than keep Kyle around when he doesn't even want to be on the squad.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Wtf is wrong with the thread today... The offseason made everyone go mad...

http://www.basketball-reference.com...layer_id=gasolma01&year_id=2012&is_playoffs=0

Yeah, not that great a range...
Yeah it's not great range...
it's decent range that can stretch D... but you wouldn't want him shooting from 18 ft all day if you were the Griz..

And the stats prove that he is a better scoring from the rim to 5 ft or so.. I am soooo MAD
Marc shot 44% last year from 10 - 15. On the whole, he averages mid to low 40's from 10 - 23ft.

He really can space. Marc does get down and dirty too, which is where you want him, and where he shoots about 70%.

To put it in context, Bosh (whom most consider a very good jump shooting big man) averages mid 40's from 10 - 23ft.

Marc's money is about 5 ft from the rim.. that is where he takes his most shots... He CAN extend and that is what makes him so effective.. The best way to gaurd him would be to make him catch and shoot about 12 ft away.. but he has a strong lower body with good hands that allow him to hold his position..

Bosh shot a comparable percent but took many more shots from 10 to 25 ft range..

Nash will be in Dallas, New Jersey, or Toronto.

Lakers have a better shot than the Knicks.

Blackace - Bosh is elite for a big from there. Not fair to compare. Marc is still at the top of the spectrum for bigs who shoot outside. Especially among true Cs.

Blackace

I would LOVE Portland to get Hibbert and then hire Pat Ewing as their coach...

Branduil

That might be possible if the salary cap was $75 million.

Blackace

Me too.

But i think we differ on why.

Mines mainly for the lulz.

lol..

I think Pat deserves a chance to coach... shit if McHale can fuck up a franchise and still be working in the NBA and if Marc Jackson can be a horrible TV guy and get a job why can't Pat who has actually coaching exp get a chance?

giri

lol..

I think Pat deserves a chance to coach... shit if McHale can fuck up a franchise and still be working in the NBA and if Marc Jackson can be a horrible TV guy and get a job why can't Pat who has actually coaching exp get a chance?

I don't' disagree.

Just doesn't mean i think he'll be very good as a coach :p

But the NBA needs some fresh coaching blood/talent.

SamuraiX-

This is fun. lol

Isiah Thomas's stats from his rookie season as the starting PG vs. coming off the bench:
22M7h.png

<3

Not bad for the 60th pick. ;)

Blackace

I don't' disagree.

Just doesn't mean i think he'll be very good as a coach :p

But the NBA needs some fresh coaching blood/talent.

I think he would have the best shot with two young fairly non-egotistical big men.

rather than a complete mess of a roster like the Bobcats (sorry Dy)

Vire

Hahahahahahahahaahahahaahah

58 Million for Hibbert on a 4 year deal.

Excuse me...

hahahahahhahahaahahahhaha

Free agent center Roy Hibbert is now leaning toward wanting to play with the Portland Trail Blazers next season, a day after the restricted free agent got a verbal commitment from the Blazers that they would tender a four-year, $58 million offer sheet to him, the maximum he can receive under terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, league sources confirmed Sunday. NBA.com

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
The FIBA olympic qualifying tournament starts in a few hours. I think it's gonna be on youtube. Today is the start of The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia run to the gold medal!

SamuraiX-

Marc J. Spears &#8207;@SpearsNBAYahoo
Nuggets agree to re-sign guard Andre Miller to a three-year deal, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

How the fuck??

This was unexpected. I guess he's finally content with playing behind Lawson now.

SamuraiX-

Andre sometimes would play better than Lawson at the point.

Which makes no sense why he would agree to resign on the first day of free agency.

Either he didn't get a single call all day or he's getting PAID.

I have a feeling it's the former, which is pretty weird. Then again, I think Rodeo mentioned he's like 36...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom