• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
wtf r u wearing rick fox

black pony, do they not make jokes on your planet?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Miller almost averaged 9 ast last year..

wonder why the Lakers didn't call him?

Emwitus

wtf r u wearing rick fox

black pony, do they not make jokes on your planet?

netskid.gif

SamuraiX-

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Spurs Tim Duncan having good contractual talks with SA about re-signing & its very unlikely he will consider another team, sources told Y!
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Nets still trying to get trade done for Hawks guard Joe Johnson and hoping to get resolved by mid-week, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

Sam Amick
Well I guess now we know why Denver passed up on Kentucky point guard Marquis Teague in favor of French shooting guard Evans Fournier at No. 20. It had seemed at the time like there was no way Andre Miller was returning to the Nuggets, but the potent Ty Lawson-Miller 1-2 punch will remain together after all. No word yet on the financials of Miller's deal. @spearsnbayahoo first reported the deal.

That JJ trade... Don't be a fool, Ferry.

Last two years is 13 and 9 on 43% shooting.

in the playoffs, not the regular season. When Kobe over-dominated the ball during the playoffs (well, in both, but you get the point).

But if you think Pau is really going to be a bench player in a year after watching Kidd the last few years...

Miller almost averaged 9 ast last year..

wonder why the Lakers didn't call him?

Lakers need 3 point shooting badly. miller doesn't fit as he also posts up.

I know petrie/maloofs won't really sign anyone outside of the Kings' free agents so I'm fine with this line-up next season:

PG -Isaiah Thomas
SG - Reke
SF - Terence Williams
PF - Thomas Robinson
C - DMC

Bench:

Marcus Thornton
Jason Thompson
Salmons
Chuck Hayes
Jimmer

Garbage Time:

Whiteside
Travis Outlaw
Cisco

Playoffs baby lol

Also, holy shit at the money offered at some free agents.

thekad

Banned
Mamba throwing Kome under the bus. No loyalty.

If the Lakers want 3 point shooting, they should trade Kobe. He's the reason they're terrible there.

Branduil

in the playoffs, not the regular season. When Kobe over-dominated the ball during the playoffs (well, in both, but you get the point).

But if you think Pau is really going to be a bench player in a year after watching Kidd the last few years...

Pau is closer to being the Baron Davis of power forwards than the Jason Kidd.

pilonv1

If they landed Nash via a sign-and-trade with Phoenix, the Knicks would not bepart with point guard Iman Shumpert, who the Suns liked in last year's draft. New York is willing to part with a package that features Landry Fields, Toney Douglas, $3 million and the non-guaranteed salaries of Dan Gadzuric and Jerome Jordan. Fields is a restricted free agent who could be signed to a deal while Douglas' contract could be seen as an expiring contract whose salary is more than covered by the cash component. The Suns could waive Gadzuric and Jordan at no cost. Arizona Republic

Fields or Shumpert, but not both.

Phoenix can't be that desperate

giga

What's remaining of JJ's contract:

Holyw.png

90 million.

This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Billy King. You're my only hope.

Jdez15

Banned
Nash should just go to Toronto when he retires as a coach or something. I want the guy to get a ring, or at least have a decent shot at getting one.

Owzers

Nash should just go to Toronto when he retires as a coach or something. I want the guy to get a ring, or at least have a decent shot at getting one.

Yep, if he goes to Toronto it will be depressing, like we want him to get a ring more than he does, and that in itself is even more depressing, to see someone actively put themselves in a position with no chance at success.

giga

Ya'll gotta be really stupid to trade Shump. Already one of the best guard defenders and once he gets a shot, he can be great.

Branduil

Tyson Chandler will deliberately injure himself if he has to play defensive anchor on a team with Nash, Carmelo, and Amare.

I know petrie/maloofs won't really sign anyone outside of the Kings' free agents so I'm fine with this line-up next season:

PG -Isaiah Thomas
SG - Reke
SF - Terence Williams
PF - Thomas Robinson
C - DMC

Bench:

Marcus Thornton
Jason Thompson
Salmons
Chuck Hayes
Jimmer

Garbage Time:

Whiteside
Travis Outlaw
Cisco

Playoffs baby lol

Also, holy shit at the money offered at some free agents.

I'm liking that Seattle Sonics roster. I can't wait to get my season tickets!

Derrick01

Banned
Morey can't even land Asik? LOL if true

From Bulls forum...

"Bulls will match it according to the score radio.

Year 3 they are in trouble and they will have to dump salary. "

Bulls deserve every bit of misfortune that comes their way if they match that ridiculously stupid deal. Boozer was bad enough but at least he has fake big numbers to make it easier to pretend the contract wasn't ridiculous.

giri

Ya'll gotta be really stupid to trade Shump. Already one of the best guard defenders and once he gets a shot, he can be great.

It's an odd move for the suns to go after him or fields tbh.

Either Marshall works out, or he doesn't. And everything fields is, dudley is better at, and cheaper.

Though if we had to, i'd rather take shump.

I'd say a knicks pick, but Denver has their 2014 first round and 2016 first round, so we couldn't even get one of their picks till 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom