• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Deron is not a top 10 player.

He barely makes it to the top 5 PG.

ibeay2m2b9O9kN.gif

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
saying you thank God that you aren't a Jazz fan when you don't really have a team.. is a pretty lame insult.

not really.. it means I think not having a team is better than being a Jazz fan..

That's pretty hardcore son..

Cummingham or Jenkins would have been nice touches for you guys...
Jenkins that early at 16? No way, but they definitely could've traded down in the 1st and maybe got a future 2nd rounder also.

I forget that this is Glen Grunwald's 1st Knicks FA (last year Walsh handled most of the work until the draft ended, then H20 and Grunwald worked in tandem), so I'm confused about his scouting eye. He definitely knows his Euro players, so I trust him on Papanangu. But the way the roster looks it's going to be open tryout for the Knicks roster this August. I better get back into shape so I can hopefully be 2nd /3rd string PG.

Blackace

That early at 16? No way, but they definitely could've traded down in the 1st and maybe got a future 2nd rounder also.

I forget that this is Glen Grunwald's 1st Knicks FA (last year Walsh handled most of the work until the draft ended, then H20 and Grunwald worked in tandem), so I'm confused about his scouting eye. He definitely knows his Euro players, so I trust him on Papanangu. But the way the roster looks it's going to be open tryout for the Knicks roster this August. I better get back into shape so I can hopefully be 2nd /3rd string PG.

Tony Wroten would have been a great pick as well..

pilonv1

Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher

Sources: Chris Kaman visits with Pacers tomorrow. Solid, affordable alternative to suddenly über-pricy Roy Hibbert.

Depending on how much he gets paid that could be a better situation for the Pacers.

SamuraiX-

Nets-Hawks talks: Sources say Nets now offering Farmar, Petro, Morrow, J. Williams, Stevenson (via sign-and-trade) and future first for Joe

What the shit Ferry. Accept this now and bring Morrow back home!

Morrow and a future 1st?!

How the fuck is Billy King not hanging up the phone?

Ferry: THE NEOWIZARD

I want to just say how mindblowingly amazing it is that Billy King is this dumb. HOW ARE THE KNICKS NOT TRYING TO GET A PIECE OF SOME OF THESE MORON GMs?
Tony Wroten would have been a great pick as well..
Hey, if it's between guys like John Jenkins/Tony Wroten/Jared Cunningham and a Knicks Open Tryout to fill out the rest of the roster it's a no-brainer here!

Blackace

Hey, if it's between guys like John Jenkins/Tony Wroten/Jared Cunningham and a Knicks Open Tryout to fill out the rest of the roster it's a no-brainer here!

couldn't have said it better myself..

I like a Reke like player for 6th or 7th man..

But in the playoffs, there's not much point for a gunning sixth man since he's supposed to replace the offense that leaves when the star goes to the bench or when intensity dies down. Neither thing happens much in the playoffs. Guys like Harden and Manu are great and efficient and work without the ball as well so they can still play at high level, but I don't think Rivers or Wroten or Tyreke would be effective at all in a playoff series.

Brinbe

Nets giving up another future first for JJ? Even after that shit they just pulled with Wallace? God, Billy never learns...

Deron's a great player, but I think he's getting injured too much recently and is too much of a total nonfactor on defense at best (though basically all PGs other than Lowry and Rubio and some bench guys are) to be a clear cut top ten player right now I would say. He's definitely right in contention and around there though.

Also, Kaman is terrible and should not be a considered a replacement option for anyone.

SamuraiX-

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Dwight Howard to Yahoo! Sports: I'll only re-sign with one team if traded, and says he never used term "blackmail" http://t.co/61yH3ysr

Getting even juicier.

As the Los Angeles Lakers, Houston Rockets and other teams prepare possible trade offers for him, Howard told Yahoo! by phone that, "There’s only one team on my list and if I don’t get traded there, I'll play the season out and explore my free agency after that."
Howard wouldn’t specify the team, but multiple league sources believe that it is the Brooklyn Nets.
"I never used the word blackmail in reference to any of my dealings with the Magic," Howard said. “I never said that. It’s defamatory and it’s inaccurate. I know what blackmail means and any report that I used the term incorrectly is inaccurate."
"This was not the first time [that I asked for trade]," Howard said. "I communicated this to [Magic president] Alex [Martins] and [former general manager] Otis [Smith] way before Friday that I wanted to be traded – months before this meeting with Rob Hennigan. That was all way before Stan [Van Gundy] got fired."
"I’ve never faked anything," Howard told Yahoo! Sports. "I’d never fake a back injury to not play for my team. I played a lot of games in a lot of pain, and there were times that I was crying in the locker room afterward because I was so seriously hurt. But I kept fighting. I’ve played with a cracked sternum in the past, and played with a lot of different [injuries].
"This time, I couldn't play. Regardless of what people say, 'Hey, you’re Superman,' I'm a man. I bleed. And I have bones, too. And something happened that I couldn’t control.
"It really upset me that anyone would say that I was doing something out of spite for my team or my city. I have the utmost respect for the Magic organization, for the people of Orlando. Everything I did was from my heart, and I would never do anything to betray my city."

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Howard is rehabilitating from back surgery, and wouldn’t speculate on whether he could be prepared to return for the start of the regular season. Howard had a herniated disk repaired, and sizable fragments of bone removed on April 20.

Again, why do people want to trade for him? Back injuries are no joke.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GO AWAY HOWARD!

Only dumb Rockets fans and Morey want you now any way.

"Regardless of what people say, 'Hey, you’re Superman,' I'm a man. I bleed. And I have bones, too"

LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom