• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Now that you have the center of the future coming!!!

That hurt :(

I never wanted Howard after I found out that he stopped the trade to Houston last year. Only way that ever would have worked was if the Rockets got his BF Deron too.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
That hurt :(

I never wanted Howard after I found out that he stopped the trade to Houston last year. Only way that ever would have worked was if the Rockets got his BF Deron too.

The whole Howard thing was going to be Randy Johnson part II

Mxrz

Dwight Howard: making LeBron look classy.

Meh. I'd rather see him benched for a year and walk, rather than let him get paid & go to the Nets too. Screw 'em.

giri

That makes DeAndre Jordan's contract look like a bargain.

How is that possible?

wait, i interpreted that wrong.

I assume Asik is some sort of anti-magic user and hence Moreys spells just aren't working.

Or Morey is over-rated.

one or the other.

Blackace

Dwight Howard: making LeBron look classy.

Meh. I'd rather see him benched for a year and walk, rather than let him get paid & go to the Nets too. Screw 'em.

He is going to get paid to go regardless... might as well get something back...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
The whole Howard thing was going to be Randy Johnson part II

Oh god, that wrecked me mentally for awhile lol. Then again I was a lot younger.

I really thought he was coming back to the Stros after all the success he had pitching in the Astrodome.

Blackace

Oh god, that wrecked me mentally for awhile lol. Then again I was a lot younger.

I really thought he was coming back to the Stros after all the success he had pitching in the Astrodome.

he didn't want to be there... just like Howard but they traded for him anyways.. however RJ was far classier about the entire thing and played his butt for them

Gigglepoo

People saying the Magic should bench Howard for the season and then let him walk next summer have it backwards. They should play him 48 minutes a game. See how his back holds up.

If the Nets get IsoJoe...

they won't have enough money to get Deron and Dwight...

Billy King. There was a while where I blamed Larry Brown for our poor FA signings...I guess I was wrong...or he learned from a champ.

Blackace

People saying the Magic should bench Howard for the season and then let him walk next summer have it backwards. They should play him 48 minutes a game. See how his back holds up.

after the Olympics too..lol

I am really curious where the Magic go from here because they are a hot mess..

giri

after the Olympics too..lol

I am really curious where the Magic go from here because they are a hot mess..

They basically trade errr body.

Jameer, JJ, Richardson, Anderson.

They all hold some value to other teams.

Atleast clear some cap.

I mean, with out dwight the teams done.

jbug617

Banned

Billy King. There was a while where I blamed Larry Brown for our poor FA signings...I guess I was wrong...or he learned from a champ.

What happens if they don't get Deron Williams and get Steve Nash instead? A 3 of Nash, Johnson and Howard is appealing. That would only work if Howard just wants Brooklyn and Deron is not a big factor.

Matrix

he didn't want to be there... just like Howard but they traded for him anyways.. however RJ was far classier about the entire thing and played his butt for them

I didn't really keep up with how RJ really felt at the time. I was just shocked we even landed him and I believe the team won over 100 games that year for the first time ever... I was on the happy sauce. Then Kevin Brown raped us on the mound :|

Yea he was dominating and was a class act. He also most likely decided that since the Stros lineup couldn't produce any runs for him that it also wasn't worth sticking around any way. Bags and Bidge were awful in the playoffs, as was the rest of the team besides the pitchers.

Blackace

He isn't signing JJ.. He is trading for him.. meaning he has to move salary for salary.

They will also trade for D12 as well if it happens..

They have enough bad contracts it seems...

Canuck76

Banned
Howard's back crapping out and him having to hang it up, before he join up with super friends would really be some poetic justice.

Not wishing ill will. But the fans deserve Howard to take a fall.

SamuraiX-

The Dallas Mavericks will get the first face-to-face sitdown Monday afternoon with Deron Williams, this summer's marquee free agent, according to sources familiar with Williams' plans.

The incumbent Brooklyn Nets are then scheduled to meet with Williams on Monday evening to recap a pitch they've been making to their All-Star guard for weeks.

The Nets can offer Williams a five-year deal worth nearly $100 million. The Mavericks can only counter with a four-year deal in the $75 million range but will try to sell Williams on the appeal of not only playing for his hometown team but teaming with the proven championship combo of star forward Dirk Nowitzki and coach Rick Carlisle.

Wow.

But if the Mavs amnesty Haywood, couldn't they then offer Deron the max?

Blackace

How. Isn't Joe getting Max money?

They would be signed almost the same way the heat did it... by signing getting them first and signing Williams last I would guess.. But maybe he doesn't apply for the Bird rights?

Matrix

I think the Rockets should just bring back Dream. I'm sure he could dominate the scrub centers the league has today.

Blackace

laugh9xd11.gif

lol

benjipwns

Banned
How. Isn't Joe getting Max money?
If they send that package above for Johnson they'll have only Lopez, Wallace, Johnson, and MarShon Brooks on the books. They'll be far enough under the cap to send Lopez and whatever for Howard and absorb his contract. Once they're over the cap then they can pay Deron whatever he wants.

They'll only have five players on the team and have to fill out the rest with minimum contracts, but it's doable if they structure it right.

Blackace

If they send that package above for Johnson they'll have only Lopez, Wallace, Johnson, and MarShon Brooks on the books. They'll be far enough under the cap to send Lopez and whatever for Howard and absorb his contract. Once they're over the cap then they can pay Deron whatever he wants.

They'll only have five players on the team and have to fill out the rest with minimum contracts, but it's doable if they structure it right.

Billy "The Wizard" King!!

Blackace

getting your rumor sources from Twitter seems like a bad idea to me..

pilonv1

I read somewhere (Yahoo?) that the Nets want to remain over the cap (with FA holds etc..) so they can keep their Mid Level Exemption. Which is why they're trying to sign+trade guys like Stevenson and Green.

I'm sure Hennigan is smart enough to realize that a 19 million dollar decrease in cap commitment is preferable over any shit sandwich offer Billy King makes.

Branduil

Wow.

But if the Mavs amnesty Haywood, couldn't they then offer Deron the max?

Well, that is the max. The team with Bird Rights can just offer an extra year and bigger raises. But unless Deron has a career-ending injury, he'll get that fifth max year eventually even if he signs with the Mavs. The final difference would really be less than 5 million over five years.

Matrix

Feigen says the Rockets still want Howard even after what he said.... wtf is up with this franchise.

"Don't make me post a Toronto Raptors Dream... "

That was the dumbest shit the franchise ever did, so disrespectful towards the only player to bring the city championships. I don't count WNBA or MLS :p

Hey better centers were also in the league when Dream was a Raptor... I have no problem at all believing he could own this amazing defender Asik one on one.

Blackace

How do Billy King and the Rockets GM still have their jobs?

If Billy pulls it off and gets D12, JJ, and Williams... that would have to be considered a good move by him.. It's a lot of star power for a team moving..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom