• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I'm sick of guys like this.

If you're Kevin Durant, fine. But if you're that tall you should be working on your inside game and rebounding first, before you start learning to cross guys over and have "great perimeter skills for a 7-footer."

The post game is a lost art.

I completely agree, in Austin's defense though he stated his objectives at Baylor were to get stronger and work on his rebounding and defense. That at least tells me he doesn't see himself as the next Nowitzki/Durrant and is willing to focus on his post game.

Austin moves terribly right now and his physique sucks and his skill set doesn't work because of that, he needs several years in college to become what John Henson is now. I think Adams and Noel are the top prospects for next year, but both guys are super raw.

No doubt, he is rail thin. Like Davis though he has broad shoulders, so I'm confident he has the frame to add weight and muscle mass.

KingGondo

Banned
problem with 7 footers at at age 19 is that they are stick thin aka not strong and so it is difficult for them to develop a post game, especially when you get someone like anthony davis who was 6'4" until like his junior year then he grew to 6'10" or w/e he is his senior year, and he kept his quickness.

not that i would say he should put off learning how to post up, but he has plenty of time to learn before he bulks up around 23

edit: although i guess they could try to perfect the hook
If you're that tall, there's no excuse for you to be described as a "decent" rebounder, even against college competition.

It's fine to have good handles and be a good shooter, but your bread and butter should be that you have physical advantages that allow you to change games on the glass.

I completely agree, in Austin's defense though he stated his objectives at Baylor were to get stronger and work on his rebounding and defense. That at least tells me he doesn't see himself as the next Nowitzki/Durrant and is willing to focus on his post game.

No doubt, he is rail thin. Like Davis though he has broad shoulders, so I'm confident he has the frame to add weight and muscle mass.

But Davis had unbelievable quickness, coordination, and movement right away. Austin trips over his feet and is about as quick as a random 36 year old right now.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
well to back someone down, don't you need to at least be the same weight as them? i dont know, i never post anyone up

Early position > being able to back someone down. As long as you're strong enough to hold a spot.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I'm really surprised G Wallace resigned. A month ago, after we lost the pick to the Blazers, it looked like we lost out on potentially Davis, Wallace, Deron, and Dwight all in one offseason. I really don't see Deron staying still, he's meeting with Dallas before he meets with us, and an injured Dwight vs a healthy Nowitzki isn't exactly a good look for Brooklyn.

The only reason G Wallace resigned is because the nets paid him basically double anyone else would have offered.

But Davis had unbelievable quickness, coordination, and movement right away. Austin trips over his feet and is about as quick as a random 36 year old right now.

Davis has the talent to play the 3, he's on a different level. I doubt Austin will ever be quick enough to play the 3. The fact that he has a decent handle and a good shot are just an added benefit, he's going to make his mark at the 4 or 5. I like him because that's where the Bobcats are going to need the most help going forward. Biyombo needs to be paired with a tall big that can shoot (and unlike Mullens play D), and Austin fits that criteria exactly.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
@AWoj said:
Anthony Davis suffered a severely sprained ankle in a Hornets workout and almost assuredly is unable to play for Team USA, sources tell Y!

No summer league and Olympics?

Jeremy Lin's return to the Knicks is far from certain, according to sources.

If a club offers Lin a backloaded contract that pays eight-figures in the third and fourth seasons, New York will not necessarily match it.

The Raptors are in the position to offer Lin a backloaded, 'poison pill' type of deal. Toronto is currently in pursuit of Steve Nash, but could pursue Lin as an alternative if they are unsuccessful.

The Knicks can offer Lin a four-year deal worth $24.5 million, but a rival team could go as high as $40 million over four years. The first and second seasons would pay $5 million annually and then $15 million in the final two seasons.

Toronto, Dallas and Brooklyn have all expressed interest in Lin, according to sources.

Honestly, in what Lin showed in each of his three good weeks I think eight figures is a bargain. You can't teach sizeable ethnic minority fanbase with significant average income.

KingGondo

Banned
Not sure Davis was gonna make it anyways.

Still, makes Love and Blake virtual locks. And anything less than a gold medal is failure. This is a team that still has at least half of the top 10 players in the world.

Talk about AK47 coming back to the Jazz.

Well, if there's anything we need right now, it's more Power Forwards.

At least AK is good though unlike the other guys they're supposed to be going after.

AK might be a Raptor though.

Toronto Sun said:
Sources told the Sun the Raptors also have interest in free agent forwards Andrei Kirilenko and Ersan Ilyasova

But wait - I wonder if Kirilenko is the kind of player I want on my team? Let's ask former Dynamo Moscow coach David Blatt.

Former Dynamo Moscow Coach And Apparently Horse Trainer David Blatt said:
Have you ever been a horse trainer? Andrei is like a beautiful, wild horse. He’s best when he’s roaming around and running free. We ask him to play within the system, but honestly his best moments are when he’s doing what his heart and his instincts are telling him to do. Most of his great plays, they come not from the structure, but from the mind and the beautiful kind of talent he has.

Like a beautiful, wild horse, roaming around and running free.

Honestly, in what Lin showed in each of his three good weeks I think eight figures is a bargain. You can't teach sizeable ethnic minority fanbase with significant average income.

LOL

Since when has Dolan ever made a good basketball decision, over a financial decision. They will match whatever the offer is, hes not letting that cash cow go even if it hinders the financial flexibility of the team.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Makes sense because when the Raptors are paying Lin $15 million per season in a couple of years, Colangelo will be gone. It'll be his greatest parting gift.

Will he? He's been in Toronto for 6 years now. They've gone through Bargnani, lost Bosh, drafted Derozan, signed Turkoglu, and now are thinking of giving Jeremy Lin a $40mil contract.

Will he? He's been in Toronto for 6 years now. They've gone through Bargnani, lost Bosh, drafted Derozan, signed Turkoglu, and now are thinking of giving Jeremy Lin a $40mil contract.

You can't teach fine quality Italian tailoring. Rich guys respect the hell out of that kind of game.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Let's be fair about it. All those drafts and signings look amazing after the Raptors took Rafael Araújo.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I just went to check Toronto's history on BR and saw that they've been around for 17 years already. I was horrified.

I just went to check Toronto's history on BR and saw that they've been around for 17 years already. I was horrified.

nbaleagueshop_raptors-013.jpg

Adding to the horror.

Bowser

I'd rather our mascot be a Raptor than a Bobcat :(

Although I'd really like it if New Orleans would just give us our name, colors and history back. That'd be much better.

Nash
DeRozan
Kirilenko
Bargnani
Valanciunas

Anybody have a spare white shooting guard? (Not you, Miami). Preferably from somewhere in the Balkans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom