• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

...Now that's it all laid out like that, it doesn't seem so impressive. It'd be a second seed in the East, but that team's not competing for anything but Morey's job. Find a way to add Eric Gordon and I'll be on board.
Too bad Houston's in the West.

thekad

Banned
Out of the current crop of shooting guards, Gordon will be the best in five years. Hornets would be stupid not to match any offer unless they know something about his health that we don't.

Too bad Houston's in the West.

Second to "Too bad about the injury to Yao/T-Mac" as our top excuse for running in place.

Damn Nike apparently has shoes that measure your vertical and quickness. I wonder how accurate it is?

Yup Nike Lunar Hyperdunk. 250 is the + model. 140 without the tech.
759js.jpg

Bowser

Who was the Wiz fan that wanted a Beal avatar? Here's one that I stole from ISH (where I stole my avatar from as well lol):

JbCIC.png

One of the things Adelman has been pushing for is a more prominent veteran presence in the locker room, and team president David Kahn is completely on board. The two of them share a strong interest in Los Angeles Lakers center/forward Pau Gasol, whom they were close to acquiring at last season’s trade deadline. That interest is still alive and well in Minnesota, according to sources close to the situation, and the offer of Derrick Williams, perhaps Wesley Johnson and/or other pieces, is still very much there for the Lakers’ taking.

The issue that killed this deal at the deadline was, according to Timberwolves sources, the Lakers’ insistence on including undesirable baggage as part of the deal. Some of that baggage was subsequently moved elsewhere, so it could be that the Lakers and Timberwolves can find common ground more easily now.

[. . .]

Sources close to the situation say that while the Timberwolves are very interested in Gasol, the Lakers’ stance in discussions regarding him make a deal difficult. The Lakers talk as though they don’t need to trade him, and ignore the fact that Gasol is coming off of a disappointing season. It’s very possible that Gasol ends up in Minnesota, even likely, but not until the Lakers come off of their current stance.

Our source said it will most likely take a third team getting involved for the Timberwolves to finally land Gasol, and there are several teams interested in doing that. The Charlotte Bobcats were involved in discussions leading up to the draft and the Houston Rockets are interested in being a part of any and all deals, it seems. The Timberwolves would like to move Luke Ridnour as part of the trade, and they extended the deadline for Martell Webster in case they need him to be involved in trades.
Lake Show needs to get off its high horse and give us the Llama.

Lakers 2013: WES JOHNSON FUTURE

Those shoes are fugly, damn. If the tech works though that's pretty sweet. I would have loved to have those when I was running full court suicide sprints to see how my speed changed after multiple laps.

SamuraiX-

@AWoj: said:
Anthony Davis suffered a severely sprained ankle in a Hornets workout and almost assuredly is unable to play for Team USA, sources tell Y!

No summer league and Olympics?

And so it begins... One of my biggest worries about this kid was his potential proneness to injury. He needs to get to work on buffing up that frame A.S.A.P.

Rick Bonnell @rick_bonnell
#Bobcats have expressed interest in former N.C. State big man J.J. Hickson, agent Andy Miller confirms to Observer.

Tankfest 2012 going nicely!

CLOWNCATS, ASSEMBLE!

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Jonm1010

Banned
Out of the current crop of shooting guards, Gordon will be the best in five years. Hornets would be stupid not to match any offer unless they know something about his health that we don't.

Second to "Too bad about the injury to Yao/T-Mac" as our top excuse for running in place.

It would also a pretty quick way to sour the fanbase on Benson's new ownership if we let Gordon go or sign and trade him for anything short of an absolute theft of another teams talent.

EDIT: also reports locally are Anthony Davis's injury isn't as severe as reported. Only a minor sprain.....But who knows. I'm preparing for the worst, hoping for the best.

linsivvi

I don't think bynum has peaked... he's only 23 and still inconsistent... give him more time... say... 26-27 and he'll be the most dominant center in the league. Bynum knows how good he is... he just needs to step up with a leader mentality... but i guess as long as Kobe is there it will be tough.

What the hell? Bynum will be 25 when the season starts.

It'll be his 8th season. How long do you want to wait until he peaks? 20 more years?

AirBrian

Wow, I'm shocked that we haven't heard anything about the meeting between the Mavs and Dwill.. I wanna know, damn..
They were meeting this afternoon...it could very well still be going on right now.

And I wouldn't expect much other than, "it went well" type of comments.

Why do you guys want Gasol when you already have Love? Not enough white guys in the starting lineup?
Love/Pek/Gasol would destroy teams. Can you imagine Pek being a backup? If you were an opposing C you would want to shoot yourself before game's end.

Pau also would be a perfect fit in Adelman's offense, as he likes to stress running through the high post.

I'm just saying that Hoopsworld isn't worth the time. If some place with a shred of credibility had reported that, there might be something to it.
I'll make sure to ignore them next time...Seems like he was just piecing together reports and adding story to it though. The basics are still probably true, unless the Lakers have been leaking these Wolves-Pau rumors all along to drive up value or something.

oh fuck this shit.

There is a team in LA that might have a shot at landing and keeping Dwight Howard… and its not the Lakers.
As was covered in the NBA AM this morning…. The LA Clippers have emerged as “a real and viable suitor” according to sources with knowledge of the Magic’s initial conversations with teams regarding Howard.

fuck you jim.
so if they get dwight.
that means they managed to get both cp3 and dwight from mitch and jim's hands.
fuck these clowns.
6154_92c5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom