• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey

oh fuck this shit.

fuck you jim.
so if they get dwight.
that means they managed to get both cp3 and dwight from mitch and jim's hands.
fuck these clowns.
6154_92c5.gif

lol

If you're the Dallas Mavericks front office, do you trade Dirk if they don't land a major free agent and go into complete rebuild mode? I would. It would be so stupid of them to blow their money on shitty players just to try to contend with Dirk.

If you're the Dallas Mavericks front office, do you trade Dirk if they don't land a major free agent and go into complete rebuild mode? I would. It would be so stupid of them to blow their money on shitty players just to try to contend with Dirk.

You keep Dirk the same way the Lakers keep Kobe and the Spurs keep Duncan.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

You don't trade those kind of players.

Okay, so you keep him. He's not going to be happy with the team they surround him with. Look at the free agent class and look at their roster. They have a good shot at missing the playoffs this year.

I don't agree with this. I'd argue that the Spurs would have won the championship last year if it wasn't for Duncan's contract reaming them.

Trade them for what? Team's aren't going to break the bank for them because they mean more to LA/DAL/SA in their advanced age than they do to any other team, these players also carry quite a bit of leverage in that if you send them to some shit team like Charlotte they can cause a stink. It's not worth it in the long run.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Okay, so you keep him. He's not going to be happy with the team they surround him with. Look at the free agent class and look at their roster. They have a good shot at missing the playoffs this year.

Him requesting a trade would be completely different.

But theres more to basketball then just trying to win a title. You don't ship the guy who saved your franchise and made basketball relevant in your city just to save some dollars while you're trying to tank.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Pacers beat writer @MikeWellsNBA just told me on the radio that he thinks that @Hoya2aPacer will be wearing a Blazers uni next season. Wow.

Him requesting a trade would be completely different.

But theres more to basketball then just trying to win a title. You don't ship the guy who saved your franchise and made basketball relevant in your city just to save some dollars while you're trying to tank.

You also don't gamble a chance to repeat in order to land two free agents that are fickle as hell. But Cuban did it. He'll probably be stuck with Mayo as a result.

Hearing Mo Williams will start at point guard for the Jazz, with Earl Watson and Jamaal Tinsley returning to the team

Possible destination for Devin Harris is Atlanta in return for Marvin Williams, pending health clearance

From one of the local Utah media guys, feel the excitement.

You also don't gamble a chance to repeat in order to land two free agents that are fickle as hell. But Cuban did it. He'll probably be stuck with Mayo as a result.

That was a gamble and it might not pay off, but I think Dirk knows he's got it better in Dallas than a lot of other players do. Even if this doesn't pan out, Cuban will make moves to try and make the team competitive. The grass isn't always greener.

KingGondo

Banned
I'll be happy with this offseason if the West doesn't get significantly more difficult. We need some damn competition in the East, FFS.

Pacers already got worse, Magic will be a lame duck, Hawks aren't likely to be better, and Rose will be out for a decent part of the season... Nets and Czzzzzz are the only hopes of real competition at this point.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'll be happy with this offseason if the West doesn't get significantly more difficult. We need some damn competition in the East, FFS.

Pacers already got worse, Magic will be a lame duck, Hawks aren't likely to be better, and Rose will be out for a decent part of the season... Nets and Czzzzzz are the only hopes of real competition at this point.

What happened to Philly? Or you just expecting a Doug Collins coached implosion?

Bulls without Rose are still a lot better than a team that will have three NBA players, two of which are Iso Joe and the corpse of Gerald Wallace.

PBY

Banned

Heat Thunder Round 2 needs to happen.

Philly was an eight seed in the LEast last year, and only got into the second round because of Rose and Noah's injuries.

IWMTB: Bulls aren't a real threat to Miami even with Rose, IMO.
Next season is lost for the Bulls, anyways, in terms of title contention. Rose won't be back to normal until the season after next.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Philly was an eight seed in the LEast last year, and only got into the second round because of Rose and Noah's injuries.

IWMTB: Bulls aren't a real threat to Miami even with Rose, IMO.

I agree but they'll improve their team drastically if they finally dump AI and get a legit #1 scoring option. They did almost beat the Celtics this season.

They won't do anything though. So yeah.

Why is Dwight so hard about going to Brooklyn anyway? Did someone lie and tell him that NY doesn't enforce child support laws or something? I've never seen a player so desperate to get to a historically crap franchise.

Word around the league is that Dwight Howard's value has fallen because of back injury and the way he handled his impending free agency. One exec I spoke to said that a package of DeAndre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe, and Caron Butler might be enough. Relationship between Howard and the Magic is turning ugly in a hurry.

lol

Don't count out the Knickerboxers man, Carmelo might show in shape this year.

hahaha, life is good

butler, jordan, and bledsoe for Dwight? I'd rather let Dwight walk than that package. Come on, Orlando.

I would do Bynum for a Dwight rental so fast. SO FAST. Fuck! Somebody needs to throw Jim Buss off a boat.

All indications is they have.

Why is Dwight so hard about going to Brooklyn anyway? Did someone lie and tell him that NY doesn't enforce child support laws or something? I've never seen a player so desperate to get to a historically crap franchise.
pretty sure its backdoor money and acres and acres of mother russian land Prokhorov will throw at him if he goes to brooklyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom